The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 5:33 PM, ftmN said:

Nioh is being reviewed extremely well, looks like a must pick up. 

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/02/02/nioh-review

tldr: 9.6/10, contender for game of the year. 

Got this game two day ago, still stuck on Boss #2. This game keeps kicking me in the nuts but i can't stop playing. I got the platinum for a similar game in Lords of the Fallen, but this is way harder. 

18 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

For Honour has been pretty sweet so far

Yeah, man. I've been playing it quite a bit. It's a damn fun game, and even more so in a party with friends.

Also, going to be picking up Horizon on Tuesday. Damn, all the impressions of that game have blown people away. People are saying possibly best of 2017 and it's only February.

• Upvote 2

On 2/24/2017 at 7:19 AM, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, man. I've been playing it quite a bit. It's a damn fun game, and even more so in a party with friends.

Also, going to be picking up Horizon on Tuesday. Damn, all the impressions of that game have blown people away. People are saying possibly best of 2017 and it's only February.

Not a knock on For Honor as it is a fun unique game, but it isn't even the best reviewed game to launch in February. Nioh has received much more praise. On Steam For Honor is sitting at a 6/10. 

15 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I played the For Honor beta, but opted not to buy the game. I saw a lot of issues with balance, namely that one Viking dude with the two-handed axe that can break any guard; I mean how do you even fight that.

The world map thing was fun, like a two week game of Risk. Which faction is winning?

I opted not to buy it after the beta as well. I love the Risk comparison :lol:

Edited by Xbox

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

Not a knock on For Honor as it is a fun unique game, but it isn't even the best reviewed game to launch in February. Nioh has received much more praise. On Steam For Honor is sitting at a 6/10. 

I said Horizon: Zero Dawn when talking about best of 2017, not For Honor. Not at all For Honor, lol. For Honor is good, but not nearly a AAA title.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

I said Horizon: Zero Dawn when talking about best of 2017, not For Honor. Not at all For Honor, lol. For Honor is good, but not nearly a AAA title.

ohhh my bad. Yeah Horizon Zero Dawn looks unreal. I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

23 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Anyone here us the PlayStation Now service? Curious if it's any good? Xbox just revealed they're now bringing out their version of the PlayStation Now, for $9.99 a month.

I used PSNow to play a couple older PS3 games and my only complaint was not being able to buy the game outright. I was surprised how smooth it ran.

This new Xbox subscription service is a joke IMO. Barely any noteworthy games or publishers on their list so I just don't see the value. 

EA Access (On Xbox One) is by far the best subscription service for games on Xbox One and it's not available on PS4 so seeing Microsoft come out with this is a little puzzling. 

34 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I used PSNow to play a couple older PS3 games and my only complaint was not being able to buy the game outright. I was surprised how smooth it ran.

This new Xbox subscription service is a joke IMO. Barely any noteworthy games or publishers on their list so I just don't see the value. 

EA Access (On Xbox One) is by far the best subscription service for games on Xbox One and it's not available on PS4 so seeing Microsoft come out with this is a little puzzling. 

Gotcha it's like Netflix for gaming, never new of this before so thought the concept was pretty cool to try games out. 

This is what's on Xbox website.

With great games from top industry publishers such as 2K, 505 Games, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Capcom, Codemasters, Deep Silver, Focus Home Interactive, SEGA, SNK CORPORATION, THQ Nordic GmbH, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Microsoft Studios, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and you will always find something exciting to play across a variety of genres. Some of the fan-favorite titles coming to Xbox Game Pass when it launches to the broader Xbox community later this spring include Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II.

11 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Gotcha it's like Netflix for gaming, never new of this before so thought the concept was pretty cool to try games out. 

This is what's on Xbox website.

With great games from top industry publishers such as 2K, 505 Games, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Capcom, Codemasters, Deep Silver, Focus Home Interactive, SEGA, SNK CORPORATION, THQ Nordic GmbH, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Microsoft Studios, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and you will always find something exciting to play across a variety of genres. Some of the fan-favorite titles coming to Xbox Game Pass when it launches to the broader Xbox community later this spring include Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II.

See the thing is those games aren't valuable games for the price they're asking. If there's one or two you'd like you're better off just buying them because they shouldn't cost much. Who knows it could be better overtime but it's rather weak right now.

EA Access and Xbox Subscription is kind of like a Netlix for Games but it's more of a 'purchase this subscription for the license to download these games'. The only true Netflix for Games service is PSNow since it requires you to be online to stream the games to your display instead of downloading (just like Netflix).

But yeah if you have XBO checkout EA Access or if you have PS4 checkout PSNow.

Edited by Xbox

1 minute ago, Xbox said:

See the thing is those games aren't valuable games for the price they're asking. If there's one or two you'd like your better off just buying them because they shouldn't cost much. Who knows it could be better overtime but it's rather weak right now.

If you think a netflix of games is cool checkout EA Access! Much better games for half the price a month.

I see what you mean don't know much about companies producing games, just EA lol. Like you said give it time and I'm sure they will introduce better ones, but in time.

I only have 360 and I think you said it's for One, but if it's similar sounds interesting.. Not going to lie though I already get any EA games for $20 a game, but maybe not for much longer unfortunately maybe a year.

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I see what you mean don't know much about companies producing games, just EA lol. Like you said give it time and I'm sure they will introduce better ones, but in time.

I only have 360 and I think you said it's for One, but if it's similar sounds interesting.. Not going to lie though I already get any EA games for $20 a game, but maybe not for much longer unfortunately maybe a year.

I edited my post to try and explain it better. The EA Access subscription is only $30/yr and they actually have quality titles. It's amazing value and only gets better as they add games. Another perk is 10% off any EA game / DLC while the subscription is active. 

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I edited my post to try and explain it better. The EA Access subscription is only $30/yr and they actually have quality titles. It's amazing value and only gets better as they add games. Another perk is 10% off any EA game / DLC while the subscription is active. 

Do the games change monthly for the EA one? If not can you play that same game then for the whole year? 

16 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Do the games change monthly for the EA one? If not can you play that same game then for the whole year? 

Games never change. They only add to it not subtract.

Yes you can play all of their games as long as the membership is active. You also wont lose save data if the membership expires.

https://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_CA.html

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1