The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

It's disappointing how many open world games there are like Skyrim or Fallout where you're free to do as you please and when, design a character, etc. 

I would maybe say it's because of resources and probably money. Those types of games are not cheap or quick to make. I would assume most developers are much too, let's say scared for a lack of a better term, to put that time and money into a project like that when from the looks of it, it can be a hit or miss type of project. Mostly miss imo. Bioware and Bethesda have been at this a long time and have really set the standard. 

26 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

I would maybe say it's because of resources and probably money. Those types of games are not cheap or quick to make. I would assume most developers are much too, let's say scared for a lack of a better term, to put that time and money into a project like that when from the looks of it, it can be a hit or miss type of project. Mostly miss imo. Bioware and Bethesda have been at this a long time and have really set the standard. 

Yeah it sucks. I was looking for other similar games to those that I might have somehow missed.. and there's almost nothing.

On 2017-04-14 at 8:43 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

I just bought a ps4 and I'm a 45 year old male. Can anyone please recommend some must have games?

You're 45?

20 hours ago, Xbox said:

...The Last of Us...

Just that one.

Due to your age and maturity as well, I'd highly recommend Firewatch.

• Upvote 1

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

I just bought a ps4 and I'm a 45 year old male. Can anyone please recommend some must have games?

GTA Online.  C'mon you know you always secretly wanted to be a biker or a drug kingpin, now is your chance!

• Upvote 1

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎14 at 7:43 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

I like Star Wars: Battlefront.

It's not considered in the same gaming league as COD or Battlefront. However, the Star Wars theme, the less competitive opponents, and the general silliness of some battles is right in my wheelhouse.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

I like Star Wars: Battlefront.

It's not considered in the same gaming league as COD or Battlefront. However, the Star Wars theme, the less competitive opponents, and the general silliness of some battles is right in my wheelhouse.

The new one comes out shortly and will be 10x better, but if this goes on sale for $12 like it does occasionally it's a good buy.

8 minutes ago, Xbox said:

The new one comes out shortly and will be 10x better, but if this goes on sale for $12 like it does occasionally it's a good buy.

It's probably going to be another 6 months or so before it comes out. However, I played the crap out of the first one, so I'll be buying it right away.

Bit of nostalgia for me too, as I also played the crap out of the original PS2 games back in the day...

6 minutes ago, D-Money said:

It's probably going to be another 6 months or so before it comes out. However, I played the crap out of the first one, so I'll be buying it right away.

Bit of nostalgia for me too, as I also played the crap out of the original PS2 games back in the day...

Same, I absolutely loved both the original and II.  The one coming this November will be wicked!

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Same, I absolutely loved both the original and II.  The one coming this November will be wicked!

The recent comments about not having the same Season Pass DLC setup for the sequel is great news. There were some fantastic levels/ideas released in the DLC for the first one, but after the first month or so it was impossible finding a good game, since only people who had the DLC were playing them. So I just stay in the regular level rotation, even though it would be so much better if they would have incorporated some of the new levels in the rotation.

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

The recent comments about not having the same Season Pass DLC setup for the sequel is great news. There were some fantastic levels/ideas released in the DLC for the first one, but after the first month or so it was impossible finding a good game, since only people who had the DLC were playing them. So I just stay in the regular level rotation, even though it would be so much better if they would have incorporated some of the new levels in the rotation.

Thats why I never got the DLC. Also because you can't access the content in offline Skirmish. The no season pass is a big reason why I'm hyped for BF2 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 14/04/2017 at 6:43 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

Give Dying Light a try. I love the game.

Fallout 4, Last of Us, Uncharted series are also good games.

What genres do you enjoy? Might be easier to make suggestions if we know what your likes/dislikes are...