The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

1 minute ago, Xbox said:

Those are my two favourite PS4 games. Sucks that I already own them, but hopefully mass exposure means sequels.

Own R&C but haven't had a chance to pick up Bloodborne. But yeah sequels would be a good reason for this month... hoping its not a one off and we get these kinds of quality games from here on out.

4 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Own R&C but haven't had a chance to pick up Bloodborne. But yeah sequels would be a good reason for this month... hoping its not a one off and we get these kinds of quality games from here on out.

Bloodborne is such a fantastic game. I'd say it's my favourite game this generation. 

I hope so as well. I want to cash in on one of these lucrative months by not already owning the game.

I've having a hard time getting into Bloodborne. Maybe it's because I've played up to Father Gascoigne four times; I have beat him, but the game just isn't grabbing me like I hoped it would.

I am looking to get a PS4. I guess I could go Xbox1 but I have always been a play station guy (had ps2 and ps3). I'm not a serious gamer; i would probably only play Fifa, NHL, Skyrim, and some racing game.

I was hoping that some of you could point out a reasonable price range or share any experiences you've had making similar purchases from Craigslist and the like. Any help is appreciated.

3 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I am looking to get a PS4. I guess I could go Xbox1 but I have always been a play station guy (had ps2 and ps3). I'm not a serious gamer; i would probably only play Fifa, NHL, Skyrim, and some racing game.

I was hoping that some of you could point out a reasonable price range or share any experiences you've had making similar purchases from Craigslist and the like. Any help is appreciated.

If those are the only games you're looking for then I'd go Xbox One. Forza Horizon 3 is an amazing racing game especially with the DLC and Skyrim has much better mod support on Xbox One. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Incursio said:

I've having a hard time getting into Bloodborne. Maybe it's because I've played up to Father Gascoigne four times; I have beat him, but the game just isn't grabbing me like I hoped it would.

At first I put the game down for 6 months or so and gave up shortly after that boss, but when I had nothing to do I picked it back up and I was hooked. 

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

If those are the only games you're looking for then I'd go Xbox One. Forza Horizon 3 is an amazing racing game especially with the DLC and Skyrim has much better mod support on Xbox One. 

Are you able to customize your car (performance, body kits, rims etc) in forza? I have heard good things about it.

11 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Are you able to customize your car (performance, body kits, rims etc) in forza? I have heard good things about it.

Of course! You can also fine tune your performance and everything. Lots of customization to play around with. There's even an auction house and if you're good at fine tuning you can make a nice profit :). Forza Horizon 3 is the best racing game out there. Has a nice mix of arcade + simulation. It's an open world game and the graphics/scenery are stunning. At first I just drove around places and took in the scenery.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

On 3/1/2018 at 9:31 AM, Xbox said:

Of course! You can also fine tune your performance and everything. Lots of customization to play around with. There's even an auction house and if you're good at fine tuning you can make a nice profit :). Forza Horizon 3 is the best racing game out there. Has a nice mix of arcade + simulation. It's an open world game and the graphics/scenery are stunning. At first I just drove around places and took in the scenery.

I ended up going for a PS4 - I got a good deal on Craigslist. Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 11:25 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

What a joke some of these update file sizes are. Almost 1/2 Gig for one update. You do this over the course of a couple years and that's pretty much one whole game you can't save on your system.

That's a pretty small update and you can always use an external hard drive.

Oh my god that was painful, funny how as soon as my ps plus membership expires I get locked out due to security concerns.  Sure Sony, sure.  I requested a password reset but when I clicked on the link it froze my internet.  So I had to call in to this Texan chick from PS support, and that ended up being another headache.  Finally by the time I got access to my games I lost all desire to play lol. 

On 10/20/2015 at 3:48 PM, Incursio said:

I'll probably end up just chipping away at it while playing other games until I beat it.
The amount of quests and everything is kind of overwhelming 

The witcher does not have that many quests. It does however have a lot of unknown locations which the ones in the ocean you have to spend 1-2 days sailing around to get them all is a complete and utter waste of time. 

• 5 weeks later...