PlayStation

PlayStation 4 Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I’ve never played any of the God of War games. If I jumped in with the newest one would I feel lost?

 

With the uncharted series, I liked the 2nd best for the single player and the 3rd for multiplayer. I thought uncharted 4 was a step back... still good but not as good. I still can’t understand why they got rid of grenade throwback, that was a pretty key addition in U3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duds said:

I’ve never played any of the God of War games. If I jumped in with the newest one would I feel lost?

 

With the uncharted series, I liked the 2nd best for the single player and the 3rd for multiplayer. I thought uncharted 4 was a step back... still good but not as good. I still can’t understand why they got rid of grenade throwback, that was a pretty key addition in U3.

You don't necessarily need to know anything about Kratos to jump into the new God of War, although it definitely helps. Just know that he is a Spartan who killed a lot of gods, including Ares to become the God of War himself. You could always go into a God of War recap on Youtube. Here's one I Google'd quickly that's only 7 minutes.

 

Some of that stuff even I didn't know, as I never played the PSP titles.

 

Basically, after everything that happened with Kratos in the Greek mythological world, he now finds himself in Midgard in Norse mythology. So, even long time fans are as blind as anyone else, especially considering he stabbed a sword through his stomach and crawled off a cliff at the end of the last game. So he finds himself in Midgard raising a son somehow.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Duds said:

I’ve never played any of the God of War games. If I jumped in with the newest one would I feel lost?

 

With the uncharted series, I liked the 2nd best for the single player and the 3rd for multiplayer. I thought uncharted 4 was a step back... still good but not as good. I still can’t understand why they got rid of grenade throwback, that was a pretty key addition in U3.

Nope, it's a reboot of the series.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta admit character creation is a make or break deal for me which is why I am not much of a fan of games like GoW.  GTA is the only exception but if you could create a character much like GTA online that would be so dope.  I've played a GoW game awhile ago, and the puzzle aspects really didn't do it for me, to each their own.  Production wise though it looks like a great game/series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not finished GoW. Just got the blades of chaos, not sure how much left in the game.

 

That boat sequence after you leave the witches hut to your home was pretty great.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Gotta admit character creation is a make or break deal for me which is why I am not much of a fan of games like GoW.  GTA is the only exception but if you could create a character much like GTA online that would be so dope.  I've played a GoW game awhile ago, and the puzzle aspects really didn't do it for me, to each their own.  Production wise though it looks like a great game/series. 

What Bethesda did with Fallout where you could create a character and still have a voice actor was amazing. That is definitely something that needs to be included in games from here on out otherwise that's just lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Gotta admit character creation is a make or break deal for me which is why I am not much of a fan of games like GoW.  GTA is the only exception but if you could create a character much like GTA online that would be so dope.  I've played a GoW game awhile ago, and the puzzle aspects really didn't do it for me, to each their own.  Production wise though it looks like a great game/series. 

It's an RPG and you're playing the role of Kratos. Still plenty of customization. You're missing out dude you gotta try this game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Monty said:

Still not finished GoW. Just got the blades of chaos, not sure how much left in the game.

 

That boat sequence after you leave the witches hut to your home was pretty great.

That's a hell of a spoiler right there, man. :P I'd the weapon, unless you don't care about spoiling people. A lot of people were blown away during the middle of the game when you go get that weapon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

That's a hell of a spoiler right there, man. :P I'd the weapon, unless you don't care about spoiling people. A lot of people were blown away during the middle of the game when you go get that weapon.

Was goona say the same thing but I didn't want to quote the spoiler :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Apparently Elder Scrolls 6 is coming.. soon.. in x number of years. Try 2020.

I wouldn't bet on it being a PS4/One title. Probably next-gen. They showed nothing but like 20 seconds of a landscape and some music without even a title yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 12:41 AM, DollarAndADream said:

I wouldn't bet on it being a PS4/One title. Probably next-gen. They showed nothing but like 20 seconds of a landscape and some music without even a title yet.

The next gen Xbox will still be within the Xbox One family. They're going to keep releasing more powerful hardware every few years like PC, but you're right it'll likely be a PS5 game. There's no question in my mind I'm getting this game for PC! Maybe it will be a PS4 game and PS5 will have the 'special edition' lol.

 

 

On a side note I'm so excited for the Spider-Man 2 reboot coming out this September. I loved that game so much. Insomniac is one of my favourite developers and my favourite under the Sony umbrella. 

 

Edited by Xbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Xbox said:

The next gen Xbox will still be within the Xbox One family. They're going to keep releasing more powerful hardware every few years like PC, but you're right it'll likely be a PS5 game. There's no question in my mind I'm getting this game for PC! Maybe it will be a PS4 game and PS5 will have the 'special edition' lol.

 

 

On a side note I'm so excited for the Spider-Man 2 reboot coming out this September. I loved that game so much. Insomniac is one of my favourite developers and my favourite under the Sony umbrella. 

 

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was like Skyrim, where it released on the PS3, then came to the PS4. It'll just be downgraded on the PS4, then they'll hype up the graphical upgrades on the PS5 and charge full price for it again. Much like they did with GTA5 on last gen and current gen. Many people will just buy 2 copies of the game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was like Skyrim, where it released on the PS3, then came to the PS4. It'll just be downgraded on the PS4, then they'll hype up the graphical upgrades on the PS5 and charge full price for it again. Much like they did with GTA5 on last gen and current gen. Many people will just buy 2 copies of the game.

Yep I can totally see that happening as well. Since the PS5 will use the same architecture as the PS4 I wouldn't be surprised if PS5 is backwards compatible with any game that works on PS4.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to 4 platinum trophies now. Latest being Zero Dawn. Close to 5 as FC Primal requires me defeating the last boss and jumping off a really tall waterfall. Would have 6 potentially, but FC 4 requires co-op for one of the trophies which I don't have anyone to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Up to 4 platinum trophies now. Latest being Zero Dawn. Close to 5 as FC Primal requires me defeating the last boss and jumping off a really tall waterfall. Would have 6 potentially, but FC 4 requires co-op for one of the trophies which I don't have anyone to play with.

I had that problem with Saints Row Vat out of hell. The only trophy I needed was to play 3 hours co-op, but the servers never found anyone (probably didn't exist).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.