The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

After the initial hiccup of not able to log on to SEN, everything went well;

- Did not encounter any of the problems with HDMI or the the update 1.5

- Graphics is great. Some stunning scenes. It is not like a PS2 to PS3 jump though.

- I like the controller. It has a speaker and can connect an earphone to it.

- i like the music thing since it's free for now

Overall, a good buy for me. Here's hoping to more great games to come!

• Upvote 1

Yeah :( no video

Apparently the patches SHOULD fix it, but some people are still having trouble. Although, they will release another patch in the near future.

On top of that, a small amount of people are saying they have gotten the Red Light of Death. Nicknames are popping up for it like Red Streak, Death Stroke, RLOD obvious one.

Many are having success booting into Safe Mode and it has worked from then on out.

If the console doesn't work at all, then contact Sony.

I hear that also Sony stores have been taking in the faulty consoles and replacing them. They have a stock of consoles in their store specifically for trade-ins with the RLOD's.

I believe there is a Sony Store at Metrotown? Or Coquitlam Centre.

This is to be expected at launch of a brand new product, although the RLOD consoles seem to be at 1% right now.

• Upvote 3

likin the ps 4 so far. bf4 looks much better than x360 version, graphics are cripser and more of a "wow" factor. i don't even think the x360 version had such a stunning display of water effects on its bf4 version. loving the controller, that was my biggest concern, way easier on bigger hands than the dual shock 3. i'm such a noob at the recording feature though. system is running nice and cool, the fan/ventilation on this is a beauty.

• Upvote 1

likin the ps 4 so far. bf4 looks much better than x360 version, graphics are cripser and more of a "wow" factor. i don't even think the x360 version had such a stunning display of water effects on its bf4 version. loving the controller, that was my biggest concern, way easier on bigger hands than the dual shock 3. i'm such a noob at the recording feature though. system is running nice and cool, the fan/ventilation on this is a beauty.

How quiet is it? I find the PS3 to be very noisy.

I am so glad I bought a PS4, no issues at all so far. Was going to play Killzone, but ended up playing NBA 2k14 for up to 5 hours. Seriously, I don't think I have seen any basketball game look this good and one that is as entertaining as 2k14.

If you're a basketball fan or just like sports games, NBA 2k14 is a definite buy for the PS4. Also did anybody get FIFA 14, if so is it any good?

Love, love, love my PS4. This is my first playstation as I've had an X-box and x-box 360 before. I bought Battlefield 4 and Madden 25 for it.

Probably the easiest thing to set up. One cable from PS4 to outlet for power. And one HDMI from PS4 to TV. Bam, done.

Turned on fine, updated fine, made a PSN fine, and off I was. Played for 6 hours last night.

I absolutely love the controller. Dual 4 shock, a touch screen/pad, and a speaker in the controller. I also like that they took the xbox model and just have one trigger and one bumper on each side instead of two bumpers and one trigger.

Edit: I feel bad for the people who waited overnight, or from 8pm-midnight or whatever. I got a nice, warm 8 hours of sleep. Woke up, showered, had a good breakfast. Got ready for work. On the way to work, stopped at the nearest Wal Mart five minutes before they opened. There was only a line of about 20 guys, and they ended up having 65 unreserved consoles for sale. Got one and went to work.

I've never bought a hot ticket electronic item from a "mainstream" store. My TV, iPod touch, xbox, 360, wii, and now PS4 have all been bought from Walmart, Zellers or Superstore (the tv)

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 1

I am so glad I bought a PS4, no issues at all so far. Was going to play Killzone, but ended up playing NBA 2k14 for up to 5 hours. Seriously, I don't think I have seen any basketball game look this good and one that is as entertaining as 2k14.

If you're a basketball fan or just like sports games, NBA 2k14 is a definite buy for the PS4. Also did anybody get FIFA 14, if so is it any good?

My friend got fifa. The graphics are unbelievable. They're super damn good for Madden too.