The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Is it just me or is there a hell of a lot less activity in this gaming sub forum?  Personally my interest in gaming is declining, I still play but I only bought one game in two years and I kind of regret it.  NBA2k and MLB the Show used to be automatic purchases but both their SP career modes took a huge step backwards unfortunately.  Didn't buy NHL for the first time ever, don't have any interest in fps games. 

Besides of the next RDR, I cannot think of any game on the horizon were I am like "I must buy this"  Games are friggin $80 bucks now and pretty much all of them have some sort of micro transactions system designed to milk us for more cash.  MLB:The Show actually got rid of the micro transaction for the RTTS mode, and I commend them for that, however they made it a major grind which tbh has resulted in me not playing as much.

19 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Is it just me or is there a hell of a lot less activity in this gaming sub forum?  Personally my interest in gaming is declining, I still play but I only bought one game in two years and I kind of regret it.  NBA2k and MLB the Show used to be automatic purchases but both their SP career modes took a huge step backwards unfortunately.  Didn't buy NHL for the first time ever, don't have any interest in fps games. 

Besides of the next RDR, I cannot think of any game on the horizon were I am like "I must buy this"  Games are friggin $80 bucks now and pretty much all of them have some sort of micro transactions system designed to milk us for more cash.  MLB:The Show actually got rid of the micro transaction for the RTTS mode, and I commend them for that, however they made it a major grind which tbh has resulted in me not playing as much.

That's how I feel too, but it's also because I prefer to go out and party a lot more than I used to, and even when I'm not doing that, I'm not playing games.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the only game I really care about. I've been playing older games, and might get the Spryo trilogy, but that's about it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

If you appreciate the immersive experience Rockstar create with their games, maybe give the new Yakuza game a shot?  I havn't tried it yet, but I played the series on the PS3 and they were always a really fun game.  I plan on getting the new one soon.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:12 AM, Tre Mac said:

On 4/30/2018 at 10:34 AM, c00kies said:

That's how I feel too, but it's also because I prefer to go out and party a lot more than I used to, and even when I'm not doing that, I'm not playing games.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the only game I really care about. I've been playing older games, and might get the Spryo trilogy, but that's about it.

I think it's been the same group of people posting in here about games for years now. There's been guys jumping in and out, but more or less the same group of people. I haven't really been here much either. I still play a lot of games, like God of War right now and Far Cry 5 before that, but I just haven't posted here much.

15 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I think it's been the same group of people posting in here about games for years now. There's been guys jumping in and out, but more or less the same group of people. I haven't really been here much either. I still play a lot of games, like God of War right now and Far Cry 5 before that, but I just haven't posted here much.

Pretty much the same as me. Sometimes I post regularly, other times I'll go a while without posting

On 4/30/2018 at 10:12 AM, Tre Mac said:

Well, good on you. The only release I will buy is RDR2. Cannot wait for that game next fall. 

Anyway, we're humans, some evolved, some notsomuch. We're born to run! live! breathe! adore the splendor of nature, and fight for it. 

Why be a shut-in and let the most wonderful place to live in the world pass you by? I guess a lot of dudes here are city guys, why not go elsewhere with wide open spaces? a $400 canoe will get you places a ps4 contoller wont.

Edited by Western Red

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Well, good on you. The only release I will buy is RDR2. Cannot wait for that game next fall. 

Anyway, we're humans, some evolved, some notsomuch. We're born to run! live! breathe! adore the splendor of nature, and fight for it. 

Why be a shut-in and let the most wonderful place to live in the world pass you by? I guess a lot of dudes here are city guys, why not go elsewhere with wide open spaces? a $400 canoe will get you places a ps4 contoller wont.

Why not do both? :P

My life is mostly gaming and outdoor $&!#. :lol: I go hiking almost every week. Haven't canoed yet this year but I plan on it.

• 3 weeks later...

God of War - 10/10. I've never given a game a 10/10 before.

Best game on the PS4. Fight me. If you haven't played this masterpiece do yourself a favour and PLAY IT.

Edited by Xbox

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 9:33 AM, Xbox said:

Best game on the PS4. Fight me. If you haven't played this masterpiece do yourself a favour and PLAY IT.

It's the only game I've actually cared about platinuming. I mean, besides the ones where it's easy.

The only other platinums I have are Life Is Strange.....which you just platinum by taking pictures in every chapter, which isn't too hard. Then Walking Dead Telltale....which you get Plat by just completing it. :lol:

God of War is amazing. I can't wait for the sequels. The Norse mythology, and learning about what I've never heard about has been great as a side as well. The combat is &^@#ing awesome.

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2018 at 8:03 AM, c00kies said:

I haven't logged on to my PS4 in quite awhile, what are the freebies this (may if still there/june) month? 

XCOM2 and Trials Fusion for June. Trials is that sidescroller dirtbike climbing game. XCOM2 is the very popular turn based highly rated alien shooter.

I think the May ones are gone now. They were Beyond: Two Souls and Rayman Legends.

Both of those obviously to give hype to the Detroit: Become Human game from the Beyond developer, and the Rayman remaster or whatever.

Edited by DollarAndADream

On 5/24/2018 at 9:33 AM, Xbox said:

God of War is a great game and one of the best I've ever played. I'm giving it a 9.5 out of 10. 

Personally, I still think the best game on PS4 is Uncharted 4 - which I could give an 11/10 if I could. Now that is a masterpiece. 

11 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

God of War is a great game and one of the best I've ever played. I'm giving it a 9.5 out of 10. 

Personally, I still think the best game on PS4 is Uncharted 4 - which I could give an 11/10 if I could. Now that is a masterpiece. 

In the middle of God of War. Really enjoying it. A lot better than the other games in the series.

As for Uncharted 4, I liked it, but definitely not as much as others. What I didn’t like about it was how many cut scenes there were in relation to actual gameplay. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun, but I would never go back to it again.

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

In the middle of God of War. Really enjoying it. A lot better than the other games in the series.

As for Uncharted 4, I liked it, but definitely not as much as others. What I didn’t like about it was how many cut scenes there were in relation to actual gameplay. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun, but I would never go back to it again.

Uncharted 4 was actually the first Uncharted game I've ever played - which is probably why I enjoyed it so much since I didn't have anything to compare it to. I agree with the cut scenes, especially when you compare it to God of War and how it flows so seamlessly. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Uncharted 4 was actually the first Uncharted game I've ever played - which is probably why I enjoyed it so much since I didn't have anything to compare it to. I agree with the cut scenes, especially when you compare it to God of War and how it flows so seamlessly. 

How God of War handled them is really incredible. Something that really only a company with endless funds (and a seemless story) can do.

Uncharted was good. I’d probably give the game and experience itself a solid, solid 8.5/10. What brought it down for me really was only the cutscenes and what felt like a lot of handholding, even on the hardest difficulty. But otherwise, still one of the best PS4 games I’ve played.

• Upvote 2

On 6/2/2018 at 3:44 AM, DollarAndADream said:

It's the only game I've actually cared about platinuming. I mean, besides the ones where it's easy.

The only other platinums I have are Life Is Strange.....which you just platinum by taking pictures in every chapter, which isn't too hard. Then Walking Dead Telltale....which you get Plat by just completing it. :lol:

God of War is amazing. I can't wait for the sequels. The Norse mythology, and learning about what I've never heard about has been great as a side as well. The combat is &^@#ing awesome.

Yep the Norse mythology was so interesting I spent time just googling and learning more about it and the world. I also watched endless videos with Cory Barlog talking about the game and the mythology. I didn't want to platinum it right away because I want a reason to go back to the game soon lol. Everything about it is just so satisfying. Combat was insanely good. Unfortunately there likely won't be any DLC but I already can't wait for the sequel! So much better than the original trilogy (which was still good).

52 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

That's fair, Uncharted 4 was a solid game. For me the best exclusives on PS4 are Bloodborne, The Last of Us and God of War. I'd even throw Ratchet and Clank in there but that's more of a niche game that I always loved. Also never played Horizon so I don't have an opinion on it.

Edited by Xbox

On 6/2/2018 at 8:03 AM, c00kies said:

I haven't logged on to my PS4 in quite awhile, what are the freebies this (may if still there/june) month? 

11 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

XCOM2 and Trials Fusion for June. Trials is that sidescroller dirtbike climbing game. XCOM2 is the very popular turn based highly rated alien shooter.

I think the May ones are gone now. They were Beyond: Two Souls and Rayman Legends.

Both of those obviously to give hype to the Detroit: Become Human game from the Beyond developer, and the Rayman remaster or whatever.

To add on to this @c00kies, I think the games might be changing on Tuesday? I was able to go on the store this morning and get Beyond: Two Souls, which I've been meaning to play for years. I meant to get around to playing it before I buy Detroit: Become Human because I liked Heavy Rain a lot.

6 hours ago, Xbox said:

Yep the Norse mythology was so interesting I spent time just googling and learning more about it and the world. I also watched endless videos with Cory Barlog talking about the game and the mythology. I didn't want to platinum it right away because I want a reason to go back to the game soon lol. Everything about it is just so satisfying. Combat was insanely good. Unfortunately there likely won't be any DLC but I already can't wait for the sequel! So much better than the original trilogy (which was still good).

That's fair, Uncharted 4 was a solid game. For me the best exclusives on PS4 are Bloodborne, The Last of Us and God of War. I'd even throw Ratchet and Clank in there but that's more of a niche game that I always loved. Also never played Horizon so I don't have an opinion on it.

Yeah, I've watched those Barlog videos too. It's so interesting what directions they can go now with this franchise. It's too bad about the DLC, but I think it's expected. There's just a ton of content and you don't want to take away from the sequel by throwing anything into DLC. I'm only assuming they've saved the realms you can't travel to for the sequels. Plus there's the other mythologies besides Greek and Norse.

I've almost platinumed the game now. Just probably another 30min or so of grinding Niflheim challenges. I already found all the ravens, artifacts, etc. I don't really want to be done with the game either, but I'm trying to plat it before I let people borrow it. My brother has been asking me for weeks as well as a couple of buddies.

17 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, I've watched those Barlog videos too. It's so interesting what directions they can go now with this franchise. It's too bad about the DLC, but I think it's expected. There's just a ton of content and you don't want to take away from the sequel by throwing anything into DLC. I'm only assuming they've saved the realms you can't travel to for the sequels. Plus there's the other mythologies besides Greek and Norse.

I've almost platinumed the game now. Just probably another 30min or so of grinding Niflheim challenges. I already found all the ravens, artifacts, etc. I don't really want to be done with the game either, but I'm trying to plat it before I let people borrow it. My brother has been asking me for weeks as well as a couple of buddies.

I'm hoping the sequel is still Norse Mythology and we can explore the 3 realms that we couldn't in this game. But I trust that team 100% after this game. I love how much time Sony gives their devs. Ubisoft and EA should take note.

12 hours ago, Xbox said:

I'm hoping the sequel is still Norse Mythology and we can explore the 3 realms that we couldn't in this game. But I trust that team 100% after this game. I love how much time Sony gives their devs. Ubisoft and EA should take note.

I think they said the next 2 are Norse 100%. They might dive into the other ones during the next 2, who knows? There's hints of other mythologies in Tyr's temple or whatever. Barlog said he originally wanted to go Egyptian first for this game, but I'm glad he went Norse first because I'm much more familiar with it. Obviously I would have played and likely loved it either way, but because I watched Vikings and other stuff with Thor/Odin etc it was cool seeing it all in the game.

Just like my first time playing God of War on the PS2. Around the same time somewhat I was learning about Greek mythology in English class or whatever class it was, and I was acing it because of God of War. :lol:

• Upvote 1