The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

On 12/09/2018 at 11:59 AM, Apple Juice said:

Anyone played the new Spiderman game yet? Lots of hype about how the game is extremely good and fun to play and saw some people ranking it as one of their top games of the year, potentially #1 if it wasn't for GoW.

I'm gonna wait till Black Friday to see if the game drops to a more reasonable price to buy (roughly $59.99 hopefully?)

I've had it since release and I love it. Being a huge Spider-Man fan I knew I'd love it. But the gameplay is unreal, swinging through the city is the best part, I haven't fast travelled once. The main story is well written and stays true to the comics while also being original in a really weird way. I'd highly recommend it.

20 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

I've had it since release and I love it. Being a huge Spider-Man fan I knew I'd love it. But the gameplay is unreal, swinging through the city is the best part, I haven't fast travelled once. The main story is well written and stays true to the comics while also being original in a really weird way. I'd highly recommend it.

Is gameplay/roaming similar to GTA 5 where missions will come up every now and then and you're allowed to explore the world? Or is it mission after mission after mission and then game complete?

33 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Is gameplay/roaming similar to GTA 5 where missions will come up every now and then and you're allowed to explore the world? Or is it mission after mission after mission and then game complete?

It's a bit of both. There's always missions queued up, but there's lots of roaming missions as you swing through the city. Mixed with things like challenges and collectibles along the way. Honestly it's just a great game. Looking forward to the upcoming 3 DLC in city that never sleeps season pass.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

It's a bit of both. There's always missions queued up, but there's lots of roaming missions as you swing through the city. Mixed with things like challenges and collectibles along the way. Honestly it's just a great game. Looking forward to the upcoming 3 DLC in city that never sleeps season pass.

I got the $100 version with the pass and love the game so far. Hopefully the DLC is just as good.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

Nice. Sounds like something similar to GTA 5 then.

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2018 at 11:36 AM, Apple Juice said:

It is exactly like that. My recommendation would be to manually save frequently, particularly after big events/missions. I missed out on some cash after a mission because the law showed up unexpectedly and suspected me responsible for a nearby corpse. When I reloaded the quick save, the cabin was locked and I missed out on the cash.

Although with manual saves, it does not save that exact spot you're in. It moves you away a bit to 'neutral' area. It may not have mattered anyway.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

• 1 month later...

Dunno why people are so fascinated with the AC series. Every game is a copy of the previous except for the setting. I dunno. They don't tickle my pickle. I played Farcry 4, Primal, Horizon Dawn, and don't really have any incentive to play the others because they are awfully similar. I don't like them enough to want to play the same thing over. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Tbh the only reason I have a ps4 is for kingdom hearts remixes. Next gen consoles have been terrible as far as game quality. 

That was a big reason for me, as well as the release of KH3 (still in January, right? please.) .

Has there been an "uncharted" of this gen?

A lot of the key releases are just re-masters of great PS1 games lol.

What are some great games for this system? This is genuine curiosity, I want to know which ones I should pick up that I've missed :P 

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

That was a big reason for me, as well as the release of KH3 (still in January, right? please.) .

Has there been an "uncharted" of this gen?

A lot of the key releases are just re-masters of great PS1 games lol.

What are some great games for this system? This is genuine curiosity, I want to know which ones I should pick up that I've missed :P 

Tbh I've been going pretty steady on my Switch. Rumors are that they are looking into porting the KH remixes and KH3 to the switch. Looks like the decision is on how well sales do in January.

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

My favourite PS4 games are Spiderman, God of War, Ratchet/Clank and Bloodborne

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/10/2018 at 7:38 PM, MikeyBoy44 said:

Tbh the only reason I have a ps4 is for kingdom hearts remixes. Next gen consoles have been terrible as far as game quality. 

What?

God of War

Uncharted: A Thief's End

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Red Dead Redemption 2

Spiderman

Super Mario Odyssey

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (I know this one is on Wii U as well, but it's better on Switch. Plus, technically for me it wasn't on Wii U. It didn't work on my Wii U.)

Smash Bros: Ultimate

Monster Hunter: World

Nier: Automata

Those are the notable ones I can recall which I've played at least. Lots of quality there for the PS4 and Switch. Then there's others I've heard are awesome like Detroit: Become Human, etc.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, c00kies said:

I actually played that one since it was free. It's a great game. Have you played #2?

yeah.  obviously a lot like the 1st.  only thing missing was how surreal it felt playing the 1st one, but thats to be expected.

It's funny though.  I tried thinking of other games on the PS4 that I can say I really enjoyed or had a similar experience with and I couldnt come up with much.  I have played most of the notable AAA games including RDR2 and while fun, nothing Id say was fantastic like some PS3 games I played (e.g. Mass Effect 2, Dark Souls, Fallout 3 New Vegas).   

However I did enjoy a couple more retro style games.  Axiom Verge was really good if you like Metroidvania style games.  Titan Souls was a fun challenge too.  

When Path of Exile comes out in Feb ill be all over that