The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Days Gone, anybody? It looks a lot like TLoU but more open. I'll wait a week or so and more reviews before buying. 

Still on the fence about this one. It doesn't look like a must buy game in my opinion (both gameplay and performance look disappointing). Visually it looks nice and the motorcycle is really cool. If I end up getting the game it would be for the bike.

I wasted my money last June on State of Decay 2. If I buy another open-world zombie game within a year and don't like it then I'll be a sucker.

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Still on the fence about this one. It doesn't look like a must buy game in my opinion (both gameplay and performance look disappointing). Visually it looks nice and the motorcycle is really cool. If I end up getting the game it would be for the bike.

I wasted my money last June on State of Decay 2. If I buy another open-world zombie game within a year and don't like it then I'll be a sucker.

I wish I could just rent it for a few hours, considering the whole thing is over 30, and determine right there if I want to purchase afterwards. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone use an external drive? PS4 is USB3.0, along with the WD MyPassport Ultra and the write speed is dog $&!# slow. I can't image playing off of this if it's going to be this slow - an estimated 80 minutes for a 1.8GB update.. 

Never mind - the game was installed behind the scenes so it wasn't apparent. The update was slow because the game install hogged most of the I/O

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

On 7/28/2019 at 2:47 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Does anyone use an external drive? PS4 is USB3.0, along with the WD MyPassport Ultra and the write speed is dog $&!# slow. I can't image playing off of this if it's going to be this slow - an estimated 80 minutes for a 1.8GB update.. 

Never mind - the game was installed behind the scenes so it wasn't apparent. The update was slow because the game install hogged most of the I/O

I was looking at getting an SSD in the near future

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/26/2019 at 10:05 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Man, that's BS you need PS+ to play RDR2 online. I swear some games you can play online for free..

Only games that do this are games that are free themselves.

Paying for online is ridiculous. Glad I made the switch to PC for that reason alone. 

On 11/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, SILLY GOOSE said:

apparently the storyline/narrative is just as wacky as his MGS games etc.  I just couldnt get into them

Which is fine for me but the game play appears very tedious, repetitive, unfulfilling, which some of even the best reviews mention so I'm not sure how the game gets a 10/10 unless you enjoy being bored. I don't mind fetching quests but there needs to be things throughout the world to interact with and do on the way which you often get with other open world games. Here, it's a often a barren wasteland with nothing else to do but for you to hike, hike, and hike some more. Apparently the final few hours of the game includes an hour long cut scene. And there are many, many lengthy cut scenes. Some have speculated Kojima has passion and interests in movies as well which this game is and therefore less of a game - the game play aspect is the most mundane part of the whole experience and the cut scenes are the memorable part which make up what is supposed to be a fantastic story.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone use a VPN?  Would that work with Playstation Vue up here in Canada?  If it did I would sign up for it in a heartbeat.  For those that don't know Vue is a cable service available only in the States, however I saw an add for a VPN that says it'll work to allow us to get Vue.  I want that because then I'd get access to SEC Network, ESPN and a bunch of channels not available up here.