The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Vs Sharks [Canucks LOSS]

TheMohammadman

Torts has done a great job, he just doesn't have the Canucks of years past to play with. We have gotten gradually weaker on paper, every hole that has been made, has been made by Gillis. He has wasted his under the radar pick ups and great contracts by ignoring the glaring problems and letting valuable pieces go for either players that don't yet contribute (possible never will) or nothing at all.

It makes me physically Ill to think of what could have been.

This. We so could use Stan bowman not dale tallon type of gm. The team is bunch of similar role players. How does San Jose la and Anaheim do quick turnarounds? They draft skill and they make bold trades😔 something the Canucks have yet to do since the early 90's

Honestly I think I'm getting less interested in the Canucks every game. Their so uninteresting I can barely get myself to watch a full game anymore. Like seriously, they're so boring. Only time I saw them play a complete, full, entertaining game was vs the Leafs.

Plain and simple, we won't beat another good team if we aren't good enough, on ice AND on paper. WE NEED ANOTHER TOP 6 PLAYER. I've said that hundreds of times, and also many people on this forum have said it. We aren't going very far this year without one, even if we do slip in the playoffs.

This game is easily ours if we had just one other big time guy... A shame really if Gillis does not land one, because we are wasting this excellent core

This team has one issue. It's not Luongo or refs it's scoring. I don't blame the players we have rather the players we don't have which falls on the GM. Gillis has to do something by the end of the year. Some guys have stepped up well above their pay grade which is great but this team needs another legit forward. Sharks won tonight based on luck. Nothing more and nothing less. If the canucks put one more in that "luck" doesn't end up meaning a thing.

agree with that...can't expect a player like santo to be a 60 pt guy he's not. if he pots 35-40 and plays they way he is, still a steal and a great pick up, even if he only gets 30 pts and contributes the way he is its great.

but...we really don't have a real second line...Burr is our only legitimate second liner there, we really have a 1st, 2- 3rd line's and a 4th line...we can't expect players to play above themselves all year, they won't....santo and higgins are terrific players but better suited for the 3rd line.

If we don't make any deals I think we NEED to try this when healthy...

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Schroeder Kesler

Higgins Santo Hansen

Booth/Weise Richardson Welsh/Tostito

Time for us to give Schroeder a chance to be what he's supposed to be, a 2nd line center and playmaker, which is what we desperately need there. Given there is no fear in placing Kes on the wing now, its worth the try.

Kassian needs more minutes and needs to be given an offensive role, being burried on the third, won't develop him.

Time for MG to step in and make a big move. This offence is brutal, no finishers. Say what you want about chances but if we can't score against the good teams then we're not winning in the playoffs, and that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Tortorella has a lot of time to work with, but this team is the same team that has won 1 in its last 10 or 11 playoff games.

Not able to score against big physical teams and giving up clutch goals. That's what looses us the playoff games. As far as I'm concerned we're not even a playoff team right now, so MG has to make a big-time move. Trade one of these defencemen for a star forward.

One if Edler or Hamhuis . Maybe burrows too if they take booth with the package . It's time

agree with that...can't expect a player like santo to be a 60 pt guy he's not. if he pots 35-40 and plays they way he is, still a steal and a great pick up, even if he only gets 30 pts and contributes the way he is its great.

but...we really don't have a real second line...Burr is our only legitimate second liner there, we really have a 1st, 2- 3rd line's and a 4th line...

If we don't make any deals I think we NEED to try this when healthy...

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Schroeder Kesler

Higgins Santo Hansen

Booth/Weise Richardson Welsh/Tostito

Time for us to give Schroeder a chance to be what he's supposed to be, a 2nd line center and playmaker, which is what we desperately need there. Given there is no fear in placing Kes on the wing now, its worth the try.

Kassian needs more minutes and needs to be given an offensive role, being burried on the third, won't develop him.

I'm no hater but I don't think Schroeder is going to work out. I'll be happy to be proven wrong. I like kes on the wing though so I'd love to see a 2c brought in and give that line up a try. Even if he works I don't think Schroeder at this point could bring enough to the team. Roy would be nice. Too bad we had a coach that didn't like trying anything new last season.

So many trolls coming out of the woodwork to dance on the grave of our team.

Awesome good job.

Agreeeeeeee Sharks get superbly lucky in this game as well as a favorable call (big surprise) in OT and all some of you idiots can do is bash thr team, luongo, the sedins..

Puleeze.. These games happen from time to time. Get over it and change your diapers

Honestly, if you can actually witness that and NOT blame the refs then there is really no hope for you.

Great post. The refs clearly screwed us. That's just reality. We're getting tons more calls against than for, again this year,.Lets not go into denial on this,, marginal calls like that in OT don't usually happen to other teams. The numbers tell the tale on this.

Canucks do not have enough talent.

Agree! They played a hard game tonight and executed well except for their offensive finish. The guys are playing hard to get the chances but they simply are not talented enough to bury the chances. Against top teams, you don't get a lot of chances and you have to bury them. Middle of the pack talent-wise and if they make the playoffs, they're out in the first round.

Their current state falls on Gillis and his failure to address a know need for the last 3 years!

I'm no hater but I don't think Schroeder is going to work out. I'll be happy to be proven wrong. I like kes on the wing though so I'd love to see a 2c brought in and give that line up a try. Even if he works I don't think Schroeder at this point could bring enough to the team. Roy would be nice. Too bad we had a coach that didn't like trying anything new last season.

schroeder has yet to have been placed with real offensive players in his entire career with the canucks. not even in the ahl since we never had a real sniper.

how is it that kassian has had a shot with the sedins, yet we don't give arguably our best current young offensive player (skills wise) a role with offensive players who can score? he is a terrific skater, a great great passer, you are quickly forgetting the passes he was making with mayray and hansen last year....

he is patient with the puck as well..he simply needs wingers with size who can also score....its time to really give him his chance in my view...we might have the solution in house but wont know till we give the kid a real shot..and hey has has earned it, he gives everything and more...

he was drafted as an offensive center, its time to give him that ice...

schroeder has yet to have been placed with real offensive players in his entire career with the canucks. not even in the ahl since we never had a real sniper.

how is it that kassian has had a shot with the sedins, yet we don't give arguably our best current young offensive player (skills wise) a role with offensive players who can score? he is a terrific skater, a great great passer, you are quickly forgetting the passes he was making with mayray and hansen last year....

he is patient with the puck as well..he simply needs wingers with size who can also score....its time to really give him his chance in my view...we might have the solution in house but wont know till we give the kid a real shot..and hey has has earned it, he gives everything and more...

he was drafted as an offensive center, its time to give him that ice...

Schroeder quite frankly is too small to play in the new nhl league. Ronning was the exception

Some one has to make a gif of Luongo laying on his stomach for like 5 seconds on that game winning goal. That was absolutely hilarious. Not blaming Luongo, but that play felt like slow motion. I was all like "any time now Luongo..can you please get up" then they scored and I bursted out in laughter. Classic Luongo

Archived