338 replies to this topic

#301 Oliewud

Oliewud

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

That happens 10 times a game and, in OT, they call it? Hank rarely speaks out and even he questioned it in his post game interview... Touched him with his stick more so that got it around him. Nope, round two for us Tom. :)

Please, try to be objective. It is quite discouraging seeing a moderator of our team's forum show heavy bias. Henrik knows what hes doing. It may not be a hook but putting the stick in a spot that hinders the ability to take the shot is still a penalty. I would be much happier if Henrik acted like a man and admitted he stayed on the ice for too long, which resulted in the penalty.

We need accountability and honesty, those traits are what allow you to grow and progress, not constant whining and pettiness.

Edited by Oliewud, 15 November 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#302 Absent Canuck

Absent Canuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Please, try to be objective. It is quite discouraging seeing a moderator of our team's forum show heavy bias. Henrik knows what hes doing. It may not be a hook but putting the stick in a spot that hinders the ability to take the shot is still a penalty. I would be much happier if Henrik acted like a man and admitted he stayed on the ice for too long, which resulted in the penalty.

We need accountability and honestly, those traits are what allow you to grow and progress, not constant whining and pettiness.

Wrong. Deb is one of the most level headed people on here. If she feels the call was bogus, she has a legitimate reason. It could be as plain as her point of view. Its not up to you to discredit her opinion as bias.

That isnt up to you to decide.

/end rant

Another great sig by Vintage Canuck

#303 Benchsplinters

Benchsplinters

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

We can't blame the refs (although it would be great to see Burrows get a call once in awhile) and we can't blame Luongo for this loss.
With losses to Anahiem and a thrashing by LA, followed by another loss to SJ, it is becoming painfully obvious that the lines are missing something. Our defense is solid, our goaltending is solid but regardless of talent, the forwards are not getting the job done.
Booth hasn't really showed that he has his game back yet and probably deserves more time but by shedding his cap, it would allow MG some latitude to go after a bonafide goal scorer. It is early in the season so not time to panick but it might be time to put Booth with the Sedins and run his point totals up to increase his trade value.

I really do not think Booth can be effective with the Sedins. He is a north south kind of player and does not battle hard along the wall.

I still think Burr is the only player who can effectively cycle with the twins and who best knows there style of play. Right now Alex is trying to shed the no score monkey off his back. He is certainly getting some chances. I am convinced it is more of a puck luck issue rather than a lack of skill on his part.

I know the PK has been great but they have to find a way to get the PP going. Other than their last goal, they have had plenty of opportunities on the PP but have lacked proper finish. It is obvious they are working hard but a good bounce here and there would help, just like that puck that dribbled over to Hertl for the Shark's first goal. That is the puck luck I speak of and the Canucks sure haven't had much in that regard this year.

One more thing about the PP. I note their passing is not sharp, crisp or very accurate on the PP and their time in the offensive zone is frequently thwarted with bad passing. The top defensive forwards are play high against our shot from our D, leaving the slot open. I don't see anyone trying to get into open ice in the slot to back those forwards up.

Edited by Benchsplinters, 15 November 2013 - 04:17 PM.

"If you win say little, if you lose say less".

#304 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

People saying Canuck's looked pathetic? The Sharks looked pathetic and just got a lucky bounce at the end to tie it up and then with 4 on 4 they had all the momentum and were able to win it on a Powerplay, where Sedin clearly hooked the guy and prevented him from even shooting. I don't know why people are complaining about that.

The sharks did look a little slower than usual last night. As pathetic as their performance was, they still got the W

#305 Benchsplinters

Benchsplinters

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

At this point I am more concerned about goal production than the actual loss itself.

Three goals in three games? That is a tough pill to swallow.

I agree. A well timed extra goal would certainly help in the win column. PP needs to be changed up. The opposition have figured the Sedin moves out. Pin the cycling Sedin against the boards and the cycle is broken. May need to break the twins up on the PP units.

#306 Oliewud

Oliewud

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Wrong. Deb is one of the most level headed people on here. If she feels the call was bogus, she has a legitimate reason. It could be as plain as her point of view. Its not up to you to discredit her opinion as bias.

That isnt up to you to decide.

/end rant

Deb should be able to recognize that while the call was questionable it was still debatable and could go either way. The real issue is the fact that our captain Henrik stayed on for too long instead of getting some fresh legs on the previous dump in. Why did he put himself a position where he was too tired to keep up with his man? That is the issue and there is absolutely no doubt about that. Focus on those things instead of officiating and we will be much more successful. The whining/blaming the refs approach just breeds failure.

#307 Benchsplinters

Benchsplinters

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Niemi played great lost to the better goalie

All the Nucks need to find out where the top half of the net is. This five hole along the ice crap is not working and if it is the curve in the stick that hinders the back hand, they better straighten that crap out as well. With their lack of goals, one could certainly argue the advantage of the hook to the forehand has not been successful either.

#308 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

No...we lost to the better team.

In what way were the sharks better? Face %?

#309 Benchsplinters

Benchsplinters

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

We need accountability and honesty, those traits are what allow you to grow and progress, not constant whining and pettiness.

What is wrong with a Canuck fan being biased? She is entitled to an opinion like you are, moderator or not. What has her position as a moderator got to do with anything other than keeping things straight on the forums. She is also a member of CDC.

Edited by Benchsplinters, 15 November 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#310 Oliewud

Oliewud

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

What is wrong with a Canuck fan being biased? She is entitled to an opinion like you are, moderator or not. What has her position as a moderator got to do with anything. She is also a member of CDC.

IMO if you are a moderator on the canucks forum you somewhat represent the organization and have an obligation to be truthful. As a canucks fan it is getting quite tiresome seeing the fans/players/organization cry about the reffing when in reality, it's the same league wide.

We need to instill a hard working attitude! The refs will respect us more if we work through it and play whistle to whistle.

Edited by Oliewud, 15 November 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#311 Benchsplinters

Benchsplinters

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Seriously? Complaining about the refs?

Henrik wasn't fast enough to stand with the defensemen rushing up and he hooked. Seriously just shut up always looking for ways to complain, I said in the GDT give the Sharks PPs and they will burn you. What did we do? We gave them PPs.

And how many times have we heard every player say when interviewed, "we gotta stay out of the penalty box."

Well......................do it already???? Frustration plus!!

Edited by Benchsplinters, 15 November 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#312 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

In what way were the sharks better? Face %?

They are 3 wins 1 loss against us.
They have won 10 of the last 11 games against us.
They are 4 points ahead of us and have 2 games in hand.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#313 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

By all means the ref should make this call but they should always make this call. I have heard the radio talk show guys weighing in on this debate and using the logic that if Henrik new he may be called for this he should not have put himself in that position in the first place. The problem I have with that argument is that it does not fundamentally address the issue of consistency. For example you can say that Henrik should know that the refs have been known to put the whistles away in overtime this is why he choose to hook .... oops not this time. This does not excuse Henrik for a rules violation. But it also does not excuse the Refs and the League for all those non-called infractions that go on during the game. Too much onus is being placed on the officiating to manage the game instead of OFFICIATING the game. This is not a rant in favour of Canucks or against the Canucks it is more of an observation of the direction the NHL is taking hockey to increase its entertainment value. If the league was intent on proper officiating wouldn't it be prudent to review the Ref's calls and make their (the leagues) findings public? It is very easy to brush off this debate simply by saying those who don't like the Reffing are conspiracy fanatics and they do this all the time without addressing the real issue of consistency

#314 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hopefully this lights a fire under Henrik.

He hasn't been nearly good enough the last couple weeks.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#315 Benchsplinters

Benchsplinters

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

IMO if you are a moderator on the canucks forum you somewhat represent the organization and have an obligation to be truthful. As a canucks fan it is getting quite tiresome seeing the fans/players/organization cry about the reffing when in reality, it's the same league wide.

We need to instill a hard working attitude! The refs will respect us more if we work through it and play whistle to whistle.

"You somewhat represent the organization and have an obligation to be truthful."

This is quoted from your post. I suggest your wording could be a little more diplomatic. Are you indicating Deb was less than forthright in her post. My God man, she was giving an opinion and she is entitled to do so. That is a far cry from being untruthful. You are off base here friend.

Edited by Benchsplinters, 15 November 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#316 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

It's a bad call when the opposition play-by-play & colour call it a good back check.

Posted Image

#317 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Like I've said all season, nobody embellishes better than the Sharks.

The ref bought that call because the Shark player pulled his hand back like he was being hooked.

Posted Image

#318 singing chef

singing chef

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Deb should be able to recognize that while the call was questionable it was still debatable and could go either way. The real issue is the fact that our captain Henrik stayed on for too long instead of getting some fresh legs on the previous dump in. Why did he put himself a position where he was too tired to keep up with his man? That is the issue and there is absolutely no doubt about that. Focus on those things instead of officiating and we will be much more successful. The whining/blaming the refs approach just breeds failure.

Exactly !!!

#319 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

on to the next one
more worried about Dallas's high powered offense right now.

Imagine Seguin and Benn in a canucks jersey..

wow
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#320 Oliewud

Oliewud

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

"You somewhat represent the organization and have an obligation to be truthful."

This is quoted from your post. I suggest your wording could be a little more diplomatic. Are you indicating Deb was less than forthright in her post. My God man, she was giving an opinion and she is entitled to do so. That is a far cry from being untruthful. You are off base here friend.

Well the video shows henrik put his stick in an area that could hinder the player taking the shot. If you deny that fact then IMO that's being untruthful because the video evidence is there.

Please, elaborate on what henriks intentions are. You think he's just trying to tap his pants? LOL hes trying to impede the guys shot in a very sly way. Good on the refs for calling that because if it was vice-versa I would be CHOKED.

#321 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

Exactly how does anything Deb posts correlate what the teams do on the ice? You think the refs are calling extra penalties because a CDC mod called them biased?

The worst part of the post is accusing her of not being truthful... that's just ridiculous. You say stop crying about refs? I say stop whining about how some posts make you look to other teams fans.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#322 Oliewud

Oliewud

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Exactly how does anything Deb posts correlate what the teams do on the ice? You think the refs are calling extra penalties because a CDC mod called them biased?

The worst part of the post is accusing her of not being truthful... that's just ridiculous. You say stop crying about refs? I say stop whining about how some posts make you look to other teams fans.

Look to other teams fans? I'm merely pointing out this terrible mentality/culture of WHINING about refs. If you watch other games you will see the same calls. We are losing these games because of our play, not the refs. She can lock a topic if she deems it has no substance yet can make a post with no substance? What kind of standard is that? I come here to have interesting/objective discussions about the team, not to read nonsense over and over. It is one thing to see fans crying about it but to then have the moderators too is frustrating and adds nothing to conversation.

#323 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

POPULAR

It is one thing to see fans crying about it but to then have the moderators too is frustrating and adds nothing to conversation.

Moderators aren't fans? They can't have opinions and act like fans? You expect them to act like robots? Everyone from owners to GMs to coaches to players to fans complain about reffing when it's warranted. Even Henrik said it was a terrible call.
Posted Image

#324 Oliewud

Oliewud

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Moderators aren't fans? They can't have opinions and act like fans? You expect them to act like robots? Everyone from owners to GMs to coaches to players to fans complain about reffing when it's warranted. Even Henrik said it was a terrible call.

Okay man keep perpetuating this terrible losing mentality we have about how the refs are orchestrating the games...That is definitely a recipe for success!

You guys are nuts.

#325 Brendan Gaunce

Brendan Gaunce

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Canucks didn't deserve to win because they couldn't score on an overrated goalie.

underrated*

Posted Image

#326 Rink on Renfrew

Rink on Renfrew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Like I've said all season, nobody embellishes better than the Sharks.

The ref bought that call because the Shark player pulled his hand back like he was being hooked.

Exactly, it's getting ridiculous!
The Sharks have been doing this for sometime now, they shift their hands at the slightest touch. Makes it real hard on the Zebras but after awhile you'd think they'd catch on.

Last playoffs Thorton shakes his hand pretending that he was slashed, sells it. We hear little to nothing in the media about it. Back a few years to Keslers "chicken wing" we heard about it for weeks.

Don't even get me started with Windels, I saw twice last night when he gets bumped going for a 50/50 puck. Stays on his skates, yet in game four last year he fell like a ton of bricks hit him.
Thankfully we're done facing the Sharks this regular season, it's frustrating watching the Canucks go to the box 2/1 Everytime we play them.

Pulling back your hands when you feel contact is the new diving. It's a skill, a part of the evolution of the game. Players are always trying to stay one step ahead of the officials.

As for the OT call last night. It was weak, reminded me of all the calls they were making after the full season lockout. Every horizontal stick making contact was called a hook, what a pathetic year that was. Glad it really opened up the game {sarcasm} now we find ourselves at a point where nobody knows what's being called.

The Sedins get free hands (briefly, mind you) on them all night and rarely draw a penalty, thus preventing scoring chances but the use a little bit of stick work of their own and they're headed to the box. Must be incredible frustration for them.

#327 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

At this point I am more concerned about goal production than the actual loss itself.

Three goals in three games? That is a tough pill to swallow.

Exactly. You aren't going to win too many games scoring an average of a goal per game. Canucks should have been able to walk away with this one, and instead put themselves in the position where a borderline call costs them the game. Nothing to blame but their own lack of finish,

#328 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Okay man keep perpetuating this terrible losing mentality we have about how the refs are orchestrating the games...That is definitely a recipe for success!

You guys are nuts.

The Sedins do not get equal treatment when it comes to calls, I think that's pretty obvious.

You don't even to be a homer to realize that's true.

Posted Image

#329 Del Rio

Del Rio

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

still mad from this game!! Should have been a clean 1-0 Win.

Just watch the goals and see how deep our players collapse giving their point men so much space that they came in so deep. Boyle on the tying goal was in between the face off circles!

BlP_NlgCEAAOuch.jpg

#330 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,502 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

wow the board has gone full panic jeez calm down folks not the end of the world didn't lose a playoff game take a chill pill everyone

Sorry, we are worried how this game resembled AV as our coach still.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.