The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Vs Sharks [Canucks LOSS]

TheMohammadman

The Torts system still works

I don't think this loss is a reason to doubt it. We just need to figure out how to score more goals

Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Higgins, Santo, Booth (that dude is a waste), Kassian, all not hitting the scoresheet just can't happen.

But it's not a reason to doubt the system. The system was doing great for 59 minutes.

The 2nd goal would likely still have gone in, but I would have liked to see Luongo play it better. Belly flopping when going across laterally isn't going to help anyone. The Canucks were pressuring the one side so Luongo had to know that if the puck got across to the other side he was going to have to cover it. As a goalie I know what an awful feeling it is to be down and out and at the mercy of an opponent. You gotta try not to put yourself in that position and Luongo does it far too often. Unfortunate because he played a good game up to that point.

This teams not good enough to go far in the playoffs. Maybe not even good enough to make it into the playoffs? Kinda sad after two years ago.

Poor drafting and some bad trades just killed any chance of a repeat to the cup final anytime soon. They won't make it or be 8th and play chicago.

This teams not good enough to go far in the playoffs. Maybe not even good enough to make it into the playoffs? Kinda sad after two years ago.

3 games doesn't equal not making the playoffs or not going far some of you act like teams never lose a game at all losing streaks happen goal drought happen to every team

it's an 82 game season

give a rest. 3 tic tac toe passes. this is not EA sports game.

Lateral movement?

Doing the bellyflop only works if you're diving in front when the shooter is up close. He was within his crease, sliding to his left would have worked.... just like his save on Patrick Sharpe during game 7.

Lu has got to be the worst in lateral movement. Why stretch when you can push off to square to the shooter? He lunges and falls over opening the entire upper half of the net. He does it all the time. Cost us a two points.

Gillis - for once in your era shore up the 2nd line!!!!

Dude, Lou had a good game and SJ got lucky, a lucky bounce at the end, and a garbage pp 4 on 3 in OT

The SJ player made a hell of a pass, he drew everyone over to him and found Boyle all alone back door..its 4 on 3 man...yeah Lou could have been better coming across but I bet you Boyle still scores, it was a nice play.

SJ got a lucky win...it happens

3 games doesn't equal not making the playoffs or not going far some of you act like teams never lose a game at all losing streaks happen goal drought happen to every team

it's an 82 game season

same issues imo since 2011...3 goals in 3 games against the top teams, blowing a lead late just by lack of battle for winning a face off and then failing to get the puck out

Torts has done a great job, he just doesn't have the Canucks of years past to play with. We have gotten gradually weaker on paper, every hole that has been made, has been made by Gillis. He has wasted his under the radar pick ups and great contracts by ignoring the glaring problems and letting valuable pieces go for either players that don't yet contribute (possible never will) or nothing at all.

It makes me physically Ill to think of what could have been.

We didn't lose the game because of a bad ref call. The Sedins, especially Henrik has to stop hooking guys all the time. The refs see it, they call it, it happened before, and it will happen again. We played a great game but as soon as Bieksa fought that no namer, I said to my buds, "oh oh", and that tying goal was not just a lucky goal. We got beaten to the puck along the boards, puck goes behind net, Thornton falls, all canucks behind net; especially Edler; watch and think the play or rather threat is over, they delay instead of pouncing on the puck or pushing down on Thornton or hitting his stick, Thornton then makes desperate great play by sweeping the puck back out front( as great players do) sharks D guy gets it, lucky break as it goes to side and voila...open net, tie game! Point is u make ur own luck and elite teams find ways to win!

Yikes 11 wins, 10 losses. Looks like a middle of the pack team with quite a large sample now. Will be a battle to get in

battle to get in regardless....just gotta stay in the pack and get in, a higher draft pick is better anyways...reality is this is not the team to do it this year, its a transition year.

Booth gets punted next year, hopefully sign a UFA winger or center to be on the second line

Next year hopefully see Jensen, Horvat, Shink make the jump and contribute

Kassian will be better as will the rest of the young players (stanton, tanev, corrado, etc)....

Make the playoffs, a deadline deal can make a difference and you never know...amazing how much people complain/panic over 1 pt lol

The Torts system still works

I don't think this loss is a reason to doubt it. We just need to figure out how to score more goals

Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Higgins, Santo, Booth (that dude is a waste), Kassian, all not hitting the scoresheet just can't happen.

But it's not a reason to doubt the system. The system was doing great for 59 minutes.

The 2nd goal would likely still have gone in, but I would have liked to see Luongo play it better. Belly flopping when going across laterally isn't going to help anyone. The Canucks were pressuring the one side so Luongo had to know that if the puck got across to the other side he was going to have to cover it. As a goalie I know what an awful feeling it is to be down and out and at the mercy of an opponent. You gotta try not to put yourself in that position and Luongo does it far too often. Unfortunate because he played a good game up to that point.

officially out of the playoffs is a convincing counter argument. That said, the effort is there, just not enough skill to work with.

Archived