The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs DAL - 11/17/13 - 5PM

Strombone1

Do you want to know what irks me? These blown calls continue to happen in the NHL, and they always have the same excuse - this is a fast game, and mistakes are bound to happen. Refs aren't superhuman, and can only referee what they think they see.

Ok, that makes sense. The game is too fast for the refs to see everything. SO WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO BRING IN VIDEO REVIEWS, OR ALLOW ANY NEGATIVE REACTION TO REFFEREEING WITHOUT FINES AND SUSPENSIONS? Wow. I never knew caps lock could feel so good.

Because this is a league that thinks its more useful to review penalizing goalies for fighting each other than implement things that would actually help out the game.

Just saw the waved off goal on the Canucks PP. Absolutely embarrassingly terrible call. What a joke. The only thing more ridiculous and embarrassing than the call itself is that its 2013 and we still haven't implemented something to clarify whether a call is right or not. The coaches challenge is an absolute must for next season.

Why does the league care so much about protecting the refs? That's the main reason they haven't allowed reviews, and why they have a gag-order on speaking out against them. But why? They're grown men, they work a professional job.... Where is this babying of refs coming from ? It honestly confuses me so much why the NHL would say they don't want video reviews because if they retracted a call, that ref would be made to look bad. Bush league.

Look at the facts - if it doesn't hurt your brain too much.

The referees are terrible league wide. It isn't a Canuck specific thing.

The fact that you're effectively thinking that Gary Bettman and the rest of the NHL brass are sitting around a table at Castle Greyskull saying "We must never let our sworn enemy, the Vancouver Canucks, ever win the Stanley Cup! Mwahahahahaha!" says a lot more about your (lack of) intelligence than it does mine.

Hmmm, maybe the NHL had electro magnetic generators placed underneath the nets and some magnetic element inside the pucks, that way whenever a team they don't want to win is about to score, they can turn it on and prevent a goal.

Either that, or they are employing psychics to help things out and the psychic currently grabbing another beer.

Archived