The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs DAL - 11/17/13 - 5PM

Strombone1

I doubt it, they really don't seem to care about accountability anymore. If he does though, he should come out and admit he made a mistake to the media after the game.

If you honestly think the NHL would let him do that..... :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly if there's one thing the Auger retirement proved, its that the LAST thing the NHL wants is for its refs to be held accountable

If a ref of his illustrious stature can be quietly swept under the rug, no one else will have to answer for themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_Auger

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/nhl-referee-stephane-auger-retires/article4268270/

I encourage all to read the wikipedia page, Vancouver was hardly the only team that faced some controversy with Auger

Why does the league care so much about protecting the refs? That's the main reason they haven't allowed reviews, and why they have a gag-order on speaking out against them. But why? They're grown men, they work a professional job.... Where is this babying of refs coming from ? It honestly confuses me so much why the NHL would say they don't want video reviews because if they retracted a call, that ref would be made to look bad. Bush league.

So they can dictate games, ensure parity and not be held accountable of course. Why else?

Don't complain about the refs. People you've scorned for doing the same might just get the idea that you're a bit of a hypocrite about these things.

Oh, look. It's you again. I've responded to comments in the past stating that the refs are against the Canucks, when for the most part they're terrible league wide. That was a terrible call - I don't have a clue why that isn't reviewable yet a puck going in off a skate is.

You, on the other hand, even complain about calls that are legit just for the sake of it.

Why does the league care so much about protecting the refs? That's the main reason they haven't allowed reviews, and why they have a gag-order on speaking out against them. But why? They're grown men, they work a professional job.... Where is this babying of refs coming from ? It honestly confuses me so much why the NHL would say they don't want video reviews because if they retracted a call, that ref would be made to look bad. Bush league.

Because the refs are fulfilling the orders from the league - protecting the American teams at the expense of the Canadian teams. They need to build the fanbase in the US to increase league revenue. There is no more money to be made in Canada. There is no integrity in this league. Only greed.

Archived