Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Value of: The Three Amigos.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Before starting this discussion I just want to reiterate that I in no way wish to see these players traded as I feel they are the emotional core of the team. Still I have often wondered what sort of return 3 of our most valuable players would return in in a trade.

Ryan Kesler: @5M signed until 2016
Alex Burrows: @4.5M signed until 2017
Kevin Bieksa: @4.6M sign until 2016

- All 3 are career canucks
- All 3 have full NTC
- All 3 have been called "clutch" and "scapegoat" at some point in their careers
- Have become best friends, have close family ties, and have a brotherly thing going on.

So.. lets say we also add our 1st, what does 14.1M in valuable talent get you?
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#2 Outsiders

Outsiders

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

On in one trade?

bhzi9k.jpg

Hunter Shinkaruk - Eddie Lack - Jake Virtanen 

Your next Generation of Canucks 

Credit To -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Kesler +2nd to Columbus would net you Boone Jenner Kirby Rychel and a 1st or a bottom 6 player from their line up. Burrows nets you a 2nd and B level prospect with potential anything via roster over the age of 22 is basically a sideways trade. Bieksa to the right team is worth a 1st and 2nd or 2nd and prospect. Besides Kesler the other two guys are really only worth cap relief and picks/unknown or untested prospects. It is really hard to say now as Buffalo/New York Islanders really set the market early this year, but really if any of or all three of them are gone it is roughly this ^^^ for return and a ton of cap relief. My opinion only

Edited by Warhippy, 18 November 2013 - 09:52 PM.

CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#4 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Before starting this discussion I just want to reiterate that I in no way wish to see these players traded as I feel they are the emotional core of the team. Still I have often wondered what sort of return 3 of our most valuable players would return in in a trade.

Ryan Kesler: @5M signed until 2016
Alex Burrows: @4.5M signed until 2017
Kevin Bieksa: @4.6M sign until 2016

- All 3 are career canucks
- All 3 have full NTC
- All 3 have been called "clutch" and "scapegoat" at some point in their careers
- Have become best friends, have close family ties, and have a brotherly thing going on.

So.. lets say we also add our 1st, what does 14.1M in valuable talent get you?

Not much. I think they, along with the Sedin's and Luongo will finish off their career here. A fitting way to end this saga.

Sig too big. 

#5 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

I'd move Burrows the day that Kassian can move up with the Sedins, or go the route of paying 6-7m for another top echelon player. Burrows has the value of the Jensen/2nd or Gaunce/2nd type offer that we propose to other teams. Until we can find a fit in that top six or so, Burrows is a safe bet to fit in with Kes on the second line, or the Sedins on the first. I think he's turned more into a Chris Higgins type. A guy who we can toss up and down the roster.

Kesler shouldn't be moved from this team for the reason that he's the type of player that we need to compete in this conference. Maybe if it's Evander Kane, sure, but not until we have a 2C.

Bieksa is another rare breed that we do need in this conference.

I think that due to the NTC's involved, these guys will ride out the next few years in Vancouver and once on of the core guys go because we aren't winning, the dominoes will start to fall.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#6 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,987 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Probably could fetch us Raymond, Ballard and a 1st.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.