The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Panthers @ Canucks - 7PM

boss

I dont think some of you realize the Canucks have to beat out teams like the Kings, Sharks, Coyotes, Avalanche, Ducks just to make the playoffs, and now teams like Jets and the Stars are literally right on our tail. Considering we have 1-2 games on teams ahead of us, I think its time to maybe not hit the panic button, but at least have our hand hovering it. We're not going to make the playoffs with our current roster.

You're right. The fact that not everyone is freaking out over an early season slump shows that we all lack understanding of the most basic principles of how the playoffs work...

Thanks for straightening that out for us.

would the panic button be pushed then or we still going to be saying its a process and the goals will come?

Haven't a bunch here on CDC already pushed the panic button?

The 3 words I hate the most coming out of anyone in the Canucks organization:

It's a process.

(yes, technically that's 4 words - now pee off).

Wow stupid thread.

Winning or losing a single game to any team this early in the season doesn't say anything about where the team is at or how good they are. Neither does it neccesitate making trades, jumping off the rafters, off of a cliff or out of a moving bus.

Man, kids these days.

If we lose to the Panthers that means we don't get any points for that game, end of story.

Funny how a little realism makes you less of a fan around here. Easy hardcore people. I don't care if they lose but they better have more then one damn goal. Luo has given them every opportunity to win these last two or three games and offence has been ghostly. If they score 2 or more that's at least one point, come on.

Cancucks are now down to 2.55 goals per game which is third worse in the division (only Edmonton and Nashville are worse). Beating Florida who scores even less won't be saying anything new or different about this team: they need to make some changes to get some additional scoring from somewhere.

Real fans stand by their team win or lose, no matter what you support the team. So we are on a losing streak, so big deal its NOVEMBER not march! Cut the team some slack and be real fans instead of a bunch of crybaby bandwagoners! I am so sick of all you being so negative! Whine whine whine whine that's all you do no wonder other fanbases make fun of us. Look I am not saying we shouldn't be worried or that we shouldn't feel frustrated when they lose but saying you won't watch games anymore if we can't beat flordia, get off the bandwagon and stay off!

What would be the logical point in ever pressing the panic button? Hockey is a game not a life or death situation. Even if we miss the playoffs we should strive to find the positivity in that scenario.

Losers strive for positives in losses. Winners win and find issues that need improvement.

I don't doubt for a minute that Gillis is painfully aware of the scoring problems the Canucks have, the problem Gillis has is that the Canucks don't have assets to pull off a trade for the missing piece. Despite the overwhelming support our prospects have from posters here, the aren't that good and certainly aren't worth much in trades.

Any move made will weaken the Canucks. If we trade a defenseman we aren't deep enough to absorb that loss. We have no top talent in the forward group to spare and too few prospects to trade without stripping the cupboards bare.

This is a get on your knees and pray these guys can luck it out for the rest of the year with a minor tweak scenario.

Archived