The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

I guess it's only fitting I make this thread.

Anyone here getting the One besides myself? Seems like everyone is getting the ps4.

If I'm not, what's everyone's first year buys?

My favourite games I'm looking forward to are

-ryse

-bf4

Halo5 (hopefully it comes out within a year)

Cant remember anymore off the top of my head.

What features are you most looking forward to?

For me it has to be skyping while gaming.

My girlfriend scares easily so skyping me while playing the game will be fun.

I haven't decided on the XBOX One yet but I will probably pick one up soon

I am still playing NHL 14 on 360 and it will not be available for One

Same answer as this man. Likely will get the XboxOne, PS4 still isn't out of the question, but I have lots of friends on Xbox 360 that I'm pretty sure are sticking with the same company moving forward.

Also, same answer for the NHL 14. Until NHL 15 comes out I'll still be on my 360 for the most part regardless if I have a new system or not.

Just tried XboxOne today and PS4...People can cut the crap about PS4 graphics being better, they are the same. If anything some games will look better on either. I saw Fifa on PS4 and it looked good, but saw Forza on XboxOne and to me looked slightly better.

Controllers are the same for both as PS3 and 360 with minor tweaks. But I much prefer the Xbox controller, way more comfortable and fits naturally in your hands.

Me and friends are leaning more and more towards continue using Xbox. No reason to switch, unless Microsoft still had those restrictions everyone complained about, then I would have switched but they listened and got rid of all that.

Edited by Del Rio

Okay so if the graphics are the same, can someone sway me one way or the other in terms of features/what you can/can't do etc???

Sway you? What do you mean?

I can't really tell you one is better than the other. They're pretty much identical.

The only difference being that ps4 is a pure gaming console, where as the Xbone is a all in "one" console.

Sway you? What do you mean?

I can't really tell you one is better than the other. They're pretty much identical.

The only difference being that ps4 is a pure gaming console, where as the Xbone is a all in "one" console.

Sway as in try to get me more interested in one or the other. If they're pretty much identical gaming systems, but the Xbox provides features outside of gaming, wouldn't that be a reason to purchase that instead of the ps4? I feel as if Microsoft didn't market this well enough if that's the case.

Okay so if the graphics are the same, can someone sway me one way or the other in terms of features/what you can/can't do etc???

Xbox does gaming and more, PS4 is just a gaming console. Everything else is preference. But in my opinion, Xbox has more and better exclusive games, and the online is far ahead. PS3 online was crap and XboxOne will have way more servers of their own for better online gaming.

Xbox one is a little bit larger in comparison

Hardrive in the PS4 is removable (who cares really), XBOX One will support external storage

PS4 has an internal power supply where as the ONE is external

XBOX will support up to 8 controllers at once whereas PS4 is 4

No Bluetooth with the XBOX one but it seems like the Wifi will be a little better with the XBOX

Probably a few other remote differences

Edited by *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Sway as in try to get me more interested in one or the other. If they're pretty much identical gaming systems, but the Xbox provides features outside of gaming, wouldn't that be a reason to purchase that instead of the ps4? I feel as if Microsoft didn't market this well enough if that's the case.

No they didn't really market it that well.

Plus it's 100$ more, and you aren't forced to buy the camera.

But if you want basics of choosing then that's it.

Ps3 has better exclusives, and cheaper

Xbone does other stuff outside of gaming if you care about that sort of thing (not to say the ps4 doesn't), but comes at a higher cost. Online is better I guess though I've never had an issue playing any game online or finding people to play with on my ps3 in the past 7 years that I've had one, except obviously when it got hacked but that was a one time thing.

You also get a lot of free games through psn+. Does Xbox do the same?

Edited by Tangelos

I'd say PS4 will have the better exclusives, but that's opinion based. (This is directed to the guy asking above)

Ah, it seems only necessary that Kent creates this thread.

I think from 2006-2008 Xbox had the better games, but since the release of Resistance 2 it's been all play station and they don't seem to be slowing down (uncharted 4 :P)

Getting both but mostly be gaming on XB1 due to friends.

Buut probably gonna wait for the Destiny bundle to come out, barring a Christmas gift. I just don't have any interest in any launch titles or any games up until that point.

$1000 on two consoles that do the same thing?

I never got this unless you're a youtuber or somethin