The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

2 minutes ago, Xbox said:

When their competitors console (PS4) can install the same sized game in 5 minutes, then yeah it is surprising that they take up to 45 minutes. Im a pure digital downloader now so it doesn't effect me (downloading games is faster on Xbox), but the physical disc install time is almost 10x as long.

Not really a big deal for me tbh. Put in the game, go make lunch or something, come back and it's done.

On 26/12/2015 at 10:08 PM, MJDDawg said:

Each or in total? Either way that's still great. Must be a 7200 rpm drive?

Are you booting up from that external as well? What are you keeping on your internal?

I should have said, that was total. One was Witcher 3 too.

18 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Its almost 2016 and people are still buying discs? Why? 

1. Cheaper than digital

2. Re-sale value. When I finish a game I sell it on and make half my initial investment back.

12 hours ago, Caboose said:

Its almost 2016 and people are still buying discs? Why? 

Exactly. The slight save in money isn't worth the inconvenience.

Only game I bought physical this gen was R6 Siege. Thank god I did because I hated it and returned it.

It seems I'm just a savvy consumer because I don't buy games until I know they are good. My approach has been proven right time and time again with the flops that are recent Assassins Creed releases, Just Cause 3, etc. 

Pre-ordering is for suckers who never learn how to not get burned. 

I also don't resell games as I don't have time to play a game to completion before it loses resale value. 

Then again Xbox is a secondary platform for me and I only use it for games my PC can't run, so I only purchase about 4 games a year. 

12 minutes ago, Caboose said:

It seems I'm just a savvy consumer because I don't buy games until I know they are good. My approach has been proven right time and time again with the flops that are recent Assassins Creed releases, Just Cause 3, etc. 

Pre-ordering is for suckers who never learn how to not get burned. 

I also don't resell games as I don't have time to play a game to completion before it loses resale value. 

Then again Xbox is a secondary platform for me and I only use it for games my PC can't run, so I only purchase about 4 games a year. 

I also only buy games digitally I know will be good (Fallout 4, The Last of Us, Gears: Ultimate Edition). Xbox is my secondary platform as well but that doesn't play a role in not buying disc based games. I dont even think I used my disc tray once since getting it. I got R6: Siege for PS4 as my first physical game because I wasn't sure if it was good. I was right, I hated it so I returned it.

On 12/27/2015 at 0:00 PM, Xbox said:

When their competitors console (PS4) can install the same sized game in 5 minutes, then yeah it is surprising that they take up to 45 minutes. Im a pure digital downloader now so it doesn't effect me (downloading games is faster on Xbox), but the physical disc install time is almost 10x as long.

loool... thats not true at all.. Ps4 does install games quicker, but not that quick.. lol

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AfterMath35 said:

loool... thats not true at all.. Ps4 does install games quicker, but not that quick.. lol

It did for R6 Siege. The game isn't very large (~19gb) but it was a really quick install. A game that's 50gb+ will obviously be longer.

Edited by Xbox

I'm really enjoying the XBOne so far.

Been playing some great games over Christmas so far and enjoying the new UI. I have my Shaw cable feeding into it so I can jump in and out of games and TV with the press of a button. It's real good.

Pisses me off that these idiots called the Phantom Squad have brought down both Xbox Live (and PSN) for periods of time over the holidays so haven't had as much game time as I'd hoped. Someone needs to get those guys laid.

My main question though is has anyone been able to connect and use a universal remote to the Xbox One (non Harmony) to get the unit to turn on/off and move around within the UI? I have the Phillips Prestigo SRT8215 15 device remote (below) that's the equivalent to a Harmony, and it turns on all my devices with the proper inputs but can't get it to work with the Xbox. So right now I have to use my universal remote AND the Xbox controller to turn everything on. Do I need an IR receiver for the Xbox or am I missing something else?

Any help would be much appreciated.

SRT8215_17-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$j

Edited by MJDDawg

No idea about your question as I just use the controller, but whoever phantom squad is didn't take down either service. If either PSN or XBL went down (which they didn't), it was due to overpopulation and these guys just want internet fame so they take credit and dont do anything.

I honestly have had 0 issues with Xbox Live and PlayStation Network during these holidays. I seen reports of people claiming XBL was down, but it was for a brief time and it didn't even effect me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2015 at 4:59 PM, Xbox said:

No idea about your question as I just use the controller, but whoever phantom squad is didn't take down either service. If either PSN or XBL went down (which they didn't), it was due to overpopulation and these guys just want internet fame so they take credit and dont do anything.

I honestly have had 0 issues with Xbox Live and PlayStation Network during these holidays. I seen reports of people claiming XBL was down, but it was for a brief time and it didn't even effect me.

Xbox was down for a night. Was weird. I was at a buddies house playing BO3.. It seemed to be the only game working at the time. Friends of mine were complaining that they couldn't even play other game. Digital or Physical.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...