The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

A few questions, I have a PS4 but will probably be saving up until the Titanfall arrives, but to help me decide whether to get XB1 later, does it support 3D Blu-ray? Does it support MP3s and music CDs? does it allow you to play movies or pictures from a USB?

A few questions, I have a PS4 but will probably be saving up until the Titanfall arrives, but to help me decide whether to get XB1 later, does it support 3D Blu-ray? Does it support MP3s and music CDs? does it allow you to play movies or pictures from a USB?

It looks like neither will support 3d blu-ray. Xbox will support DLNA, mp3, and audio CD's. I'm insure of the USB, I've looked for it but can't find any info.

nvm, I'm starting to fall in love with that multitasking feature, but that is the $100 kicker isn't it? hmm..

Pretty much, they say the Kinnect costs as much to make as the console. So they priced it at 100$ more.

Edited by Kent.S

It looks like neither will support 3d blu-ray. Xbox will support DLNA, mp3, and audio CD's. I'm insure of the USB, I've looked for it but can't find any info.

Pretty much, they say the Kinnect costs as much to make as the console. So they priced it at 100$ more.

I think that is a bit of a stretch by microsoft. Adding a zero to something isn't good marketing either. It just seems like a lot more. If they had done something like $419 + a $75 option to add kinect, it would have gone around better. The marketing by Microsoft flopped with the xbox one. I went by what was marketed better at the start really, and that was the PS4. Now that I'm looking into it myself, I'm starting to like the One a lot.

hmm...

$1000 on two consoles that do the same thing?

I never got this unless you're a youtuber or somethin

I'm doing this because of exclusives. Microsoft has halo and I love that series ( not multiplayer). I don't like missing out on a game because I don't have the system so I buy both. Granted I'm not getting the one till spring/summer.

Sony does intend to support 3d Blu ray when it's gets all the bugs worked out. I do not know about Microsoft though.

Ya, just read an article. Supposedly they'll both support it sometime after the launch. They never gave a time estimate.

Question: How can Ryse look good to anyone? The game looks like a series of QTE's.

"Press X to not die"

I doubt it would be like that the whole game, and if it was that doesn't bother me.

I played many games like that and theryre fun (depending on the storyline)

Anyone know how loud the XboxOne is?!?

I only ask, because the Xbox and Xbox360 were pretty loud.

Supposedly to my best knowledge it barely makes a sound,

I heard someone reciveved their Xbox early and started posting pictures and info that he said he wouldn't.

He was later banned I think.

Edited by Kent.S

Question: How can Ryse look good to anyone? The game looks like a series of QTE's.

"Press X to not die"

Pretty much how I felt. I was shocked it was being hyped so much for a press this button then watch the CGI game.

Titanfall was the one Xbox only game that looked really good to me but when it expanded to PC I am struggling to find a reason to want the One. It has some cool future but nothing that justifies paying all that money. At this point it's like do I really want to pay over $500 just to play Halo?

Anyone know how loud the XboxOne is?!?

I only ask, because the Xbox and Xbox360 were pretty loud.

I would imagine it is must improved but that is one thing I hated about the 360. Even with the new model it was very loud and output so much heat that I had to keep the glass from my entertainment center open to prevent it from overheating and damaging itself. But overall I would wait until it actually releases and see how it holds up. For example I got a new model 360 and it was quite at first but over time it became very loud. But then again it's sold out anyway so you have to wait anyway.

Just saw a commercial with a PS4 rep suggesting it is meant to be the centre piece of your living room. All in one PS4..

I thought PS4 fanboys and creators hated the idea of an all in one; preferring a gaming machine only

I believe you are taking it out of context.

No one ever had a problem with a console being the center of a living room offering more than gaming, Xbox was ripped because it was not making the gaming experience the top priority which didn't just lead to "PS4 fanboys" mocking but much of the gaming community which ultimately led to Xbox flip flopping on numerous things to win back gamers. As of now it isn't a bad looking console but it wasn't a fanboy feud it was a consumer feud.

If it means anything I am a mutual viewer. I am not getting the PS4 or Xbox One I am part of the Master race.But yeah unless you are dumb enough to buy both of them the PS4 would be the center of your living room if you went that route as it does offer more than just games.

Xbox One Wireless Controller functions improperly

Overview

If your Xbox One Wireless Controller is functioning improperly or has a broken component, try these solutions.

Note The solutions provided on this page are for the Xbox One Wireless Controller only. For problems with third-party controllers, consult the manufacturer.

Solutions

Wireless Controller doesn’t vibrate some or all of the time when playing a game

Make sure that the game you’re playing supports vibration. Not all games support vibration of game controllers.

If the game you’re playing does support vibration, make sure that vibration is enabled. For more information, see the user’s manual for that game.

Make sure that the battery pack or batteries in your wireless controller are fully charged. When the controller detects that the charge in the battery pack or batteries is low, it turns off vibration to conserve the remainder of the charge.

If you have another Xbox One Wireless Controller, try to reproduce vibration in the second controller. If the second controller reproduces the same issue, it’s likely that the game you’re using is having an issue. Consult the troubleshooting information for that game.

If the wireless controller still doesn’t vibrate after you’ve tried the above solutions, your controller needs to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online Service Center.

A button or a port on your wireless controller partially works or doesn’t work at all

If you have another Xbox One Wireless Controller, use it to reproduce what you were trying to do with the original controller.

If you experience the same problem using the second wireless controller, the problem is probably with the app or game you’re using. Consult the troubleshooting information for that app or game.

If you don’t experience the same problem using the second wireless controller, then your current controller needs to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online Service Center.

Your wireless controller’s battery door won't close

Make sure that the battery door has all six prongs. If it doesn’t, go to the Xbox Online Service Center to order a replacement battery door.

Make sure that the batteries you’re using are the correct size. The wireless controller requires two AA batteries to run. If you are using AA batteries, ensure that they’re properly inserted in the controller. For more information, see Using AA batteries in your Xbox One Wireless Controller.

If you’re using an Xbox One Play & Charge Kit rechargeable battery pack, make sure that it’s properly charged and inserted. For more information, see Charge the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit battery pack.

Pretty minimal problem, but if you run into then here are some solutions.

Also seems like there might be a problem with the update you have to make when you plug in your console.

It simply won't download it.

There's an easy solution, and that's to download it to a flash drive and plug it in to your Xbox.

That should by pass everything and make your console work.

I doubt anyone will have a problem though. They say the number is very small.