The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

Just now, Xbox said:

Since half of today's games are in Day 1 updates and not even on the disc, I see physical games as nothing less than an inconvenience.

Fair enough, there are those that are done with physical copies of games.  However, it would be foolish for XBOX to release the next gen console without disc support. 

26 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Fair enough, there are those that are done with physical copies of games.  However, it would be foolish for XBOX to release the next gen console without disc support. 

They should release a version with and without. I don't want to pay extra for a useless disc drive I'm never going to use.

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

They should release a version with and without. I don't want to pay extra for a useless disc drive I'm never going to use.

I could see them going that route a few years after the initial release, a less expensive stream lined model.

The problem with an initial release of purely disc-free models is that it excludes any and all consumers who do not have a home-based internet source. Sure, a lot of folks do, however there is a significant number who do not. 

For instance the PS4 has sold 92M units. There's a little over 70M online users, so that's a big difference.

24 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I could see them going that route a few years after the initial release, a less expensive stream lined model.

The problem with an initial release of purely disc-free models is that it excludes any and all consumers who do not have a home-based internet source. Sure, a lot of folks do, however there is a significant number who do not. 

For instance the PS4 has sold 92M units. There's a little over 70M online users, so that's a big difference.

Good point, I didn't really think about the rural areas. Having both options are the way to go to appease everyone and I think that is Microsoft's plan at least.

Although I already have the One X and won't pick up the next gen Xbox if all the games are going to PC.

Edited by Xbox

Just now, Xbox said:

Good point, I didn't really think about the rural areas. Having both options are the way to go to appease everyone and I think that is Microsoft's plan at least.

Although I already have the One X and won't pick up the next gen Xbox if all the games are going to PC.

Platform based titles are important, and I have no doubt that there's something fun in the works for the new release.

Personally, I don't invest into new game consoles until they're plentiful on  the used market. 

As a NES/Genesis/SNES kid I'm blown away by 360/PS3 games still. I'll wait until PS4/XBOX 1 units go for 80 bucks used. 

It ain't far away, especially for a grayhair like myself

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

New Halo Infinite multiplayer gameplay trailer:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-infinite-multiplayer-reveal

Looking forward to playing the co-op campaign, but Halo really needs to step it up in the multiplayer side of things. There needs to be some remnance of weapon (or character?) progression to keep players interested in playing. Just hopping into multiplayer and getting kills isn't going to cut it anymore

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Looking forward to playing the co-op campaign, but Halo really needs to step it up in the multiplayer side of things. There needs to be some remnance of weapon (or character?) progression to keep players interested in playing. Just hopping into multiplayer and getting kills isn't going to cut it anymore

I think they're going to do what they're doing with the MCC seasons. Unlock armor and customization through season points earned through battles and challenges. I also heard something about Reach-like weapon loadouts (as well as Reach-like armor customization) for mp. Really hoping they bring back Warzone, that seems to be all I play nowadays on H5.

Edited by Chickenspear

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

I can't seem to find the new gen consoles anywhere. I figure I'll wait until they drop in price/go on sale around christmas anyways

The Series S is in stock often, sells out, but not as fast as the Series X(way harder to find), I haven’t been keeping up with PS5 lately but I did see that ebgames had them available this morning on their site. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Big fan of the GamePass for PC. I'm always hesitant to pay for recurring payments but considering all the games I play.. I would be out hundreds of dollars compared to the $12/month I pay right now.

Yeah I pity the fool who has an Xbox but doesn't have gamepass. Its probably the best thing to happen to microsoft in general, so worth it with the hundreds and hundreds of games for a small fee. The subscriptions and micro transactions, thats where the money is

5 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

I can't seem to find the new gen consoles anywhere. I figure I'll wait until they drop in price/go on sale around christmas anyways

You can find them all over FB market place. What I don't understand is people still buying and selling Series X consoles and the sellers are just putting a 20-40$ markup which is absolutely dumb. Going through all that trouble of meeting the buyer, selling it for a meager profit, whats the point? Might as well just let others buy from the store straight up, not worth the hassle whatsoever

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 9:23 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Big fan of the GamePass for PC. I'm always hesitant to pay for recurring payments but considering all the games I play.. I would be out hundreds of dollars compared to the $12/month I pay right now.

There's a trick to get it for cheaper btw :ph34r:. Although it may not work for PC not sure if you can purchase just gold for PC, anyways it used to be up to 36 months not sure if that has changed either, but as long as you have gold purchased. I bought a year gold for $80 then bought gamepass for $1 promotion, but as soon as you purchase gamepass once it coverts all your preexisting gold up to 36 months into gamepass. I also remove my credit card from recurring billing just to be safe to make sure they don't try and accidentally charge me for a month. I've done this twice now, but I also don't know if they only allow it for a max of 36 months in total on your account, or they just mean up to 36 months at a time, either way take advantage of it imo if you can, just remember you have to purchase gold first if you purchase gold after it won't work.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

On 6/16/2021 at 1:44 PM, filthycanuck said:

You can find them all over FB market place. What I don't understand is people still buying and selling Series X consoles and the sellers are just putting a 20-40$ markup which is absolutely dumb. Going through all that trouble of meeting the buyer, selling it for a meager profit, whats the point? Might as well just let others buy from the store straight up, not worth the hassle whatsoever

Probably hot/stolen :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

All I play on my new Xbox is MLB The Show and NBA 2K, im

boring lol but I’m satisfied playing a game of each every day..

Download rocket league it's free, it's a sports like game but using vehicles. Lots of game modes, soccer style majority, but basketball style game and hockey style game modes, rumble is fun once you learn what all the power ups do.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Cheers 1