The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

Xbox one is a little bit larger in comparison

Hardrive in the PS4 is removable (who cares really), XBOX One will support external storage

PS4 has an internal power supply where as the ONE is external

XBOX will support up to 8 controllers at once whereas PS4 is 4

No Bluetooth with the XBOX one but it seems like the Wifi will be a little better with the XBOX

Probably a few other remote differences

You're missing TV. TV TV TV TV TV.

(I actually want an X1 more than my PS4)

I believe you are taking it out of context.

No one ever had a problem with a console being the center of a living room offering more than gaming, Xbox was ripped because it was not making the gaming experience the top priority which didn't just lead to "PS4 fanboys" mocking but much of the gaming community which ultimately led to Xbox flip flopping on numerous things to win back gamers. As of now it isn't a bad looking console but it wasn't a fanboy feud it was a consumer feud.

If it means anything I am a mutual viewer. I am not getting the PS4 or Xbox One I am part of the Master race.But yeah unless you are dumb enough to buy both of them the PS4 would be the center of your living room if you went that route as it does offer more than just games.

I think that's the key. It was not gangs of Sony fanboys that were making fun of the system, which for whatever reason many people have convinced themselves is the case.

What actually happened was there was a group of potential customers that got pissed off over a company that tried to treat them like they were stupid, while offering an inferior console, at a higher price point, while imposing incredible restrictions in their ability to simply pop in a game and play,

People saw BS. People called out the BS. The company repaired the BS. That's the story.

Anyone get the XBOne? I managed to get it without a preorder, 17/20 that they had available at Futureshop. I\m just contemplating whether or not I should keep it or sell it, since I have a PS4 already as well. If I were to sell it, I'm not gonna gouge the sh!t outta and sell it for twice the cost. I paid $750 for the system, 2 games and a 3-year warranty, and I would probably sell it for $900. But honestly, I want to play it as well, hard decision to make

I was looking at some of the games that will be released, and think I will eventually pick up a XboxOne.

That Roman soldier game looked particularly interesting, especially if the Kinect-control of the character during fighting scenes works well!

Anyone get the XBOne? I managed to get it without a preorder, 17/20 that they had available at Futureshop. I\m just contemplating whether or not I should keep it or sell it, since I have a PS4 already as well. If I were to sell it, I'm not gonna gouge the sh!t outta and sell it for twice the cost. I paid $750 for the system, 2 games and a 3-year warranty, and I would probably sell it for $900. But honestly, I want to play it as well, hard decision to make

Dude seriously you wasted money on a 3 year warranty..

• Upvote 1

LOL @ the guy who bought an extended warranty.

i bought it too (for PS4). Doesn't it work? Especially for a new system? It also covers the components. The last time I bought a controller it stopped working after a month and EB wouldn't replace it I had to buy another.

i bought it too (for PS4). Doesn't it work? Especially for a new system? It also covers the components. The last time I bought a controller it stopped working after a month and EB wouldn't replace it I had to buy another.

Never buy the extended warranty on anything. Nearly every component is covered by the manufacturer, it's ridiculous that retailers charge for this stuff.

Sony sells warranty on PSN which is probably WAY cheaper than what Future Shop or BB is offering ($100 at BB or FS?)

Anyways, I don't buy that crap lol.

meh, I'm not too concered, I might sell it either way, but I make good money and apparently, they still have the brick for the power supply on the outside, so there might be the same problems as the 360

There is a manufacturer warranty that's covers that for a full year. And good luck getting someone to buy your ps4 for 900 dollars that's ridiculous.. You my friend wasted 100 bucks on nothing lol. Half the time the warranty best buy or future shop sell is bs anyways they hate giving away free stuff

I'm surprised that some stores still have the XBOX One in stock.

Some Future Shop locations are not sold out of the console and some still have the Day One Edition on sale. I honestly believed the XB1 would just as much as the PS4 did, but I guess not. I hope to buy a XBOX One next year, but for now am happy with the PS4.

Honestly all things considered the Xbox One is doing pretty well after they disaster in E3 and such. They cracked a million on the first day still, just as PS4 did. Granted, they did it worldwide, and PS4 did it in just the US and Canada alone.

I think they moved about 750-850k in the NA, which isn't much less than the PS4. What will be very interesting to see what happens next week when the PS4 comes out in some other places. If it sells huge numbers, then PS4 will ahve dealt the first blow. But the One really needs to continue selling in the NA market. The NA market will be their bread and butter. If the PS4 continues to sell just as much or more over here, then most things point to crushing it worldwide, because most of the PS3's market was rest of world, particuarly and obviously Europe and Japan.

I'm not sure what it was or if it's common, but I had horrible luck with PS3 DS3 controllers.

I had a red one I bought with God of War 3 when that came out....it stopped working after I finished that game. I did nothing to it, if it was on it would turn off my console and scroll through menus and stuff on it's own. When it first messed up I literally had to take it outside because I couldn't turn it off and it would mess around with my console. Even when my console was off it would turn it on. Until the controller died of course. It's like that red controller was only meant for me to play and beat GoW3. :P

Then I had another one which I spilled some water on and it started pushing buttons on it's own. I had to stop using it.

A different one I dropped it from desk-height and the trigger buttons stopped working.

My most recent camo controller just turned off out of nowhere and doesn't work anymore. It didn't run out of batteries it just died somehow. Won't charge or turn on when I plug it back in.

I had a couple SIXAXIS ones that went to crap too.

The really stupid thing is, the only controller I have that works now is my launch controller. It's outlasted all of my other ones and it's 7 years old.

There is a manufacturer warranty that's covers that for a full year. And good luck getting someone to buy your ps4 for 900 dollars that's ridiculous.. You my friend wasted 100 bucks on nothing lol. Half the time the warranty best buy or future shop sell is bs anyways they hate giving away free stuff

ha! didn't waste anything! Just sold it for $900, made $160 on it!

How does it feel to " frack someone"

How am I f*cking someone? They agree to pay it, I had to freeze my ass off just to get it, I bet if I never got it, someone else probably would and sold it for like $1200 just for the system. I think what I asked for was fair and the buyer agreed, so I'm not feeling guilty about it