The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yanni Gourde

An undersized, undrafted 21 year old named Yanni Gourde is leading Kalamazoo in scoring with 13 points in 9 games (Kalamazoo's third highest scorer has 5 points). I know Kalamazoo doesn't really get any mention as players in the ECHL are long shots but this guy peaked my interest.

He won the QMJHL scoring title as well as player of the year as an over-ager. It makes me wonder whether he will get a shot with the Comets sometime soon?

I know he is tiny but his numbers so far look impressive and as an AHL rookie he found himself in 3 fights so he isn't super soft either. A potential Nathan Gerbe type player? Is anyone familiar with him?

An undersized, undrafted 21 year old named Yanni Gourde is leading Kalamazoo in scoring with 13 points in 9 games (Kalamazoo's third highest scorer has 5 points). I know Kalamazoo doesn't really get any mention as players in the ECHL are long shots but this guy peaked my interest.

He won the QMJHL scoring title as well as player of the year as an over-ager. It makes me wonder whether he will get a shot with the Comets sometime soon?

I know he is tiny but his numbers so far look impressive and as an AHL rookie he found himself in 3 fights so he isn't super soft either. A potential Nathan Gerbe type player? Is anyone familiar with him?

Send him up! Let's take a look. I can't hurt.

I posted about this in the comets thread, they have his rights. smallish , but put up 137 points in his overage year in the Q. Those are crazy numbers. Any offense should be welcome in Utica, they have a lot of checkers on that team.

Well, his 14 points with Worcester (AHL) in 54 games last year don't exactly scream call up. That and not really having any evidence he's actually under contract by Utica (certainly not by the Canucks) likely means he's just an ECHL player.

• 2 months later...

18 points in 17 games for Worchester in the AHL good for fourth on the team. I guess they still had his rights. Impressive numbers considering Worchester's leading scorer has 28 points in 39 games

so he's technically signed by the Sharks AHL affiliate? Seems decent production for a player that size.

only connection we had to him was him playing for the k-wings. not actually our player though.

Ahh I see, thanks! Has anyone seen this guy play? Being PPG in the AHL at 22 years old makes me wonder if he's got NHL potential even if it means that he'll turn out to be a depth player.

Archived