The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We should consider trading Hansen

Dogbyte

He had a really bad game tonight. He is just getting back from an injury though! I also thought garrison looked lost and was it just me or in the 3rd period when Higgins was chasing down a puck in the O zone, he kinda looked like he was running on his skates. As for trading Hansen...he gets paid very little $ and is usually a reliable 3rd line guy. I think besides today, he's the least of our problems

i agree...guy's been working his ass off for years and a few bad games does not make him dump-worthy. same goes for burrows. people are crying for their heads too early

At the beginning of the year, I'd totally disagree with this thread. But Richardson and Santorelli have come in, and are providing similar skill-sets, but with more production, and can take faceoffs too.

So now I'm not completely averse to it... But I still think the only real move here is to find a way to move a D-man with an NTC. Tanev should be viewed as pretty much untouchable.

Gillis is a moron.

I've been a cancuks fan since I was 4 years old. We have always struggled and I like the underdog mentality, or I've grown accustomed to it.

Either way we have plenty of money now. We had the best team we've ever had two years ago but that's still no excuse for wasting our money.

Gillis makes it out like it's such a hard job. It is but in terms of players you just buy the best players you can. Overcomplicated.

It reminds me of the Flyers. Everyone tells them they need a goalie for 20 years and they never get a good one. It's obvious.

Now everyone tells MG he needs a second liner and he's just ignorant about it.

We spend to the cap there is no reason we shouldn't have a good goalscorer added to this team.

Henrik doesn't score much as a superstar $7 mil a year player. A goalscoer would help tremendously. It's blatantly obvious to me that a top notch goal scorer in the top 6 to bolster the Sedins would make us awesome.

I'd honestly trade Burrows before Hansen. Burrows at $4M is rather high. And if he isn't playing with the twins, he's not the same.

I would too but face the wrath. We can't trade anyone on our team.

Country Club is the perfect term. It's nice to bring everyone in and build a culture but sports are built having to throw it down everyday. This team doesn't have to. At the end of the day all they have to do is spend their millions.

what I like the most about all this trade talk is how you CDC'rs treat the players like cattle. easy for you to spout trades when you don't know the people at all, let alone in building a competitive team getting to know these people on a personal level.

I understand when things get desperate any player is liable to get traded, because at that point clearly many players arn't doing their job well enough. is it at that point with the Canucks to warrant trading heart and sould guys like Hansen. IMO not even close.

Alright hear me out before you start losing your freaking minds.

I have thought for years now that one of biggest problems is that Gillis doesn't pencil payers into the lineup when he is designing the team. This is a nightmare for the coaches. Torts is having just as much of a problem with it as AV. That's why he simply doesn't play the fourth line at all. A team spending to the cap should have servicable players on the 4th line and a second line with NHL goal scorers.

Our top two lines could be so much better. First off we got Burrows playing right wing when he's really a left wing. I will concede he does play well with the Sedins but he doesn't score on his own when he's a second liner. In fact our first line right winger has zero goals 20+ games into the season. Problem?

So our natural right wings are Hansen and Kassian. That's it folks. The problem is they're both 3rd line right wings right now. Kassian has more potential but right now the perfect place for him to play is right wing on the third line. Same position as Hansen. I love Hansen but he's not a second line player. He doesn't instill fear in anyone, he is a hardworker that does most things well. One of the hardest workers in the league.

We invested a lot in Kassian so we should give him a chance to play on the third line where he is best suited, or we should trade him.

Although it would be smart to get of rid Edler for a multitude of reasons I have heard the arguments of why that won't happen.

Therefore, and I hate to say it, we should look into trading Hansen, Tanev, and a first for a top 6 player of proven stock to shore up this team.

Edit: Sorry, many speeling mistakes.

He's my favorite Canuck, but I think he's one fo the few players on the team who is tradeable and actually has some trade value. The fact is MG has amassed a glut of 2nd-3rd line tweeners and it's killing the offense. At least one, maybe two of them are expendable, and, currently, Hansen does not have an NTC.

At the beginning of the year, I'd totally disagree with this thread. But Richardson and Santorelli have come in, and are providing similar skill-sets, but with more production, and can take faceoffs too.

So now I'm not completely averse to it... But I still think the only real move here is to find a way to move a D-man with an NTC. Tanev should be viewed as pretty much untouchable.

I like Tanev's game, but I'm pretty worried about future health issues. He gets rocked at least 2-3 times a game. At some point, there's going to be a serious injury there. Stanton has removed the "untouchable" from Tanev, imo. That said, if MG could convince one of Edler or Bieksa to waive their NTC, that would be the optimum.

Hansen is 2 things the rest of the core isn't. Cheap, and hardworking on every shift as well as being capable from the 4th through the 2nd line. Players from the core we should trade before Hansen for practical reasons include. Edler, Kesler Burrows, Hamhuis. Prospects include. Sauve, Pacan, Jensen, Schroeder, Peletier. Picks should include our 1st this year and or our 2nd, if ONLY there is a 1st coming back at some point. All of the above will net us much more of a return and significant cap relief to make off seasons signings than simply Hansen will. Besides, he's young fast and still has potential to get better. The others have basically plateaud and are expensive on the cap.

Agreed. Burrows is only worth 3 mill. Double of what his previous contract was. Now he's making Booth money, with the same production as Booth.

Burrows brings so much to the team that Booth can't possibly contribute.

It's sad how you guys undervalue a player that is so good.

Look at Clarkson as a UFA... then look at Burrows as a UFA...

Teams will be lining up to offer Burrows a VERY lucrative contract.

I'd rather trade burrows. He's not playing with the same heart and tenacity of old burrows. I guess that's what happens when you hit the payday.

I am sorry but I believe you have Burrows mixed up with another player. Watch the player with #14 on the back of his jersey.

He is not playing hard? Not playing with the same heart or tenacity?

My God man you are missing a lot of each hockey game you watch. A tiny bladder can do that to a fellow though!

Archived