The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We should consider trading Hansen

Dogbyte

Well we have 4 top 9 LW's in Higgins, Burrows, D.Sedin, and Booth while he have 2 RW's in Kassian and Hansen that should both be playing 3rd line RW. Pretty self explanatory from the information you were given I thought. I just don't see any evidence that he's thinking about line combinations when he's putting the team together. Similarily we have had too many LD's for several years as well.

What side has Burrows played on the last few years? Sure, he's been a LW earlier in his career, but he's easily meshed with the Sedins on the right side as well so that tends to even things out. Handedness doesn't matter as much with forwards since they play their off side in a number of cases anyway, so I still don't see the issue where Gillis isn't thinking ahead when putting together the team.

Right handed D are a much harder commodity to come by, and most teams don't have an equal amount of right and left handed defencemen. It seems we've finally gotten to the point where we have a similar amount (considering both Weber and Corrado). Garrison has shown he's capable on the right side to make better use of his shot, so that seems to make pretty good use of the assets we have on the back end as well.

IMO opinion, Hansen is possibly the best trade chip we have? Combined with one of our cackle of young prospect centers.

Hansen IMO, unlike some posted here, is a legit 2knd line winger. He was 3rd on our team in scoring last year, with next to nill PP time, our best penalty killer, a voracious checker who works hard on the boards, is a quintessential pro (was it Lou who called him the hardest working practice player in the league?) and offers a team the strategic advantage of speed. Maybe he wont make the all star team as a top 8 in the league RW, but he would be the starting RW on at least 16 or 20 current NHL rosters. And he has a relatively low $2.5 mill ongoing cap hit. It makes him valuable.

And we have Burrows, and Santorelli, and Richardson... who all pretty much play the same game and can fill the same position. He is extremely good, but we can almost not miss a beat without him. The perfect trade chip...

Similarly we have Horvat, Schroeder, Gaunce, Cassels all looking like prospects who will be future NHL regulars. Who is most dynamic? Probably Horvat. I'd probably keep Horvat

A package with a recent 1st round, near NHL ready, center (Gaunce) and Hansen should be a sufficient value to land a Simmonds, or add a first and it nets Voracek, add Corrado and it gets Evander Kane??? Thats value, not necessarily what the other team wants. But the point being is Hansen is one component which could be traded where we can achieve a significant upgrade!

Doesn't Hansen have a modified NTC?

According to cap geek > no NTC

http://capgeek.com/canucks

1st line players: Henrik, Daniel.

2nd line players: None, imo.

3rd line players. Burrows ( Without the sedins, yes) Kesler ( Shutdown defensive forward, Not a 2nd liner imo) Hansen, Santorelli,

Kassian ( as of now ) etc.

Someone has probably said it already. We really dont have any 2nd line players. Those guys we think we can rely on, Kesler, Burrows. Without the sedins, arent 1st line players. And in reality, are kind of 3rd liners. Love these players, Want them on the team. But we need to consider building a team without a plethora of 3rd liners. Look how Chicagos built. They have Hossa Sharpe Toews and Kane between the top two lines. Were missing a lot of natural goal scoring skills that Kesler and Burrows just dont have.

Kesler won a Selke, and was nominated two other times. e erages 49.9 points per 82 games played over the last 10 years, a respectable 2knd line total. If you don't see him as a 2knd line player, I cant offer your post much credibility.

Burrows averaged 54 points and 24 goals over a 5 year stretch. And add's grit, gamesmanship, feist, speed and tenacity. He's a deserving 2knd line NHL player.

Santorelli, Higgins and Hansen are all more than adequate "fill in" 2knd liners.

What Kesler and Burrows are not is game breakers. And we do need to add another one of those on our top 2 lines.

Someone will eventually be moved for room so younger guys can make it.

Question is Will it be this season? And will it be?

Booth's days are numbered.

That aside; having guys like Hansen, Higgins and Santorelli on our 3rd and 4th lines will be a major score!

Shinkaruk Hank Kesler

Danny Horvat Burrows

Higgins Cassels Kassian

Santorelli Gaunce Hansen

Fart around with wingers as you like, add a muscle guy, but that is dangerous up the middle, bigger, faster and more dangerous!

Hansen is probably the most under rated player on our team. I cringe every time I see potential lineups with him on the 4th line. He's one helluva 3rd liner and gives his all at both ends of the rink. I wish we had 6 Hansen's to fill our bottom 6. If Jansen, Schroeder and Gaunce all turned out to be Jannick Hansen's, we'd be a deep team.

Plus he just signed his contract, he's not going anywhere.

Archived