The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We should consider trading Hansen

Dogbyte

Alright hear me out before you start losing your freaking minds.

I have thought for years now that one of biggest problems is that Gillis doesn't pencil payers into the lineup when he is designing the team. This is a nightmare for the coaches. Torts is having just as much of a problem with it as AV. That's why he simply doesn't play the fourth line at all. A team spending to the cap should have servicable players on the 4th line and a second line with NHL goal scorers.

Our top two lines could be so much better. First off we got Burrows playing right wing when he's really a left wing. I will concede he does play well with the Sedins but he doesn't score on his own when he's a second liner. In fact our first line right winger has zero goals 20+ games into the season. Problem?

So our natural right wings are Hansen and Kassian. That's it folks. The problem is they're both 3rd line right wings right now. Kassian has more potential but right now the perfect place for him to play is right wing on the third line. Same position as Hansen. I love Hansen but he's not a second line player. He doesn't instill fear in anyone, he is a hardworker that does most things well. One of the hardest workers in the league.

We invested a lot in Kassian so we should give him a chance to play on the third line where he is best suited, or we should trade him.

Although it would be smart to get of rid Edler for a multitude of reasons I have heard the arguments of why that won't happen.

Therefore, and I hate to say it, we should look into trading Hansen, Tanev, and a first for a top 6 player of proven stock to shore up this team.

Edit: Sorry, many speeling mistakes.

As far as I'm concerned everyone but the Sedins, Bieksa and Luongo can be traded.

I would move a defenceman or two for some top-6 scorers in a heartbeat, but wouldn't be against packaging picks/prospects and Hansen or Burrows for a star up front.

I'd add Horvat and possibly Hunter into that untouchables, I'd be against seeing Kassian leave as a see his potential as he matures but it's all depending what the other side is offering. Everyone else tho is fair game.

As far as I'm concerned everyone but the Sedins, Bieksa and Luongo can be traded.

I would move a defenceman or two for some top-6 scorers in a heartbeat, but wouldn't be against packaging picks/prospects and Hansen or Burrows for a star up front.

This the team needs a core shakeup.. It's the same old and its gettin worse season after not make the playoffs.

Burrows/Laich.

Two valuable guys to their respective teams. Hung around with the top offensive guys (Sedins, Ovie/Backstrom) for a while, putting up good numbers (50+ pts). Also provide other skills that most players don't provide. Leaders on the team.

Problem? On their own individual skill level, they are 3rd line guys. If Burrows isn't playing or producing with the Sedins, he's an extremely overpaid 3rd line guy.

Don't mean to be a d1ck here, but Hansen won't fetch you much. He's worth more to our team

I hear ya but our hands are kid of tied with 12 NTC's.

It's a situation where Gillis is an idiot and we almost have to get rid of him so Kassian has a spot to play in.

At least he has some value.

That's the same feline thinking that has Gillis holding on to his job by a thread. Obviously you missed the point that we have redundant third line right wing wingers.

Absolutely. Every team can benefit from a guy like him, he holds value on the ice and has a very nice contract. He's also pretty much the only moveable piece, other than Higgy who holds significantly less value.

Package him with a top prospect, another, or a pick and bring in a beast top sixer.

As much as your very opinionated and controvera

I'd rather trade burrows. He's not playing with the same heart and tenacity of old burrows. I guess that's what happens when you hit the payday.

Yeah that was a horrible contract. We basically told everyone that we're paying you up for what you delivered in the past.

Burrows/Laich.

Two valuable guys to their respective teams. Hung around with the top offensive guys (Sedins, Ovie/Backstrom) for a while, putting up good numbers (50+ pts). Also provide other skills that most players don't provide. Leaders on the team.

Problem? On their own individual skill level, they are 3rd line guys. If Burrows isn't playing or producing with the Sedins, he's an extremely overpaid 3rd line guy.

Agreed. Burrows is only worth 3 mill. Double of what his previous contract was. Now he's making Booth money, with the same production as Booth.

This the team needs a core shakeup.. It's the same old and its gettin worse season after not make the playoffs.

Big time. Something needs to change, we've established the coaching was not the issue.. so when will MG wake up and realize this core as it is constructed is not good enough to win a cup.

Archived