The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Stanton is costing us goals right now

Outsiders

The past few games he has been making bad reads which is costing us games.. Is he cocky or just making bad reads. And I know torts said stantom had the right play (chi game) just how is it santorellis fault by a error on stanton parts? What do you guys think. Stanton needs to stay back. And let Bieska jump up in the play. Discuss

The system is designed to be aggressive and pinch to hold the puck inside the blue line. Forwards need to learn and remember that they have to cover the point guy pinching in. Still needs time to adjust for a lot of players to learn a new system to remember their roles but it's only late November. By February/March, I suspect everyone will be in tune and in sync

How about some big saves or goal scoring??? That's a major issue than Stanton

Feel free to post Luo's GAA and save percentage over the last few games here.

But Stanton has made some errors here that led to some goals, but he is young and has been a huge bright spot thus far. If it continues though I do feel he needs to be held accountable. He's looked pretty good overall this season considering we picked him up for nothin'.

He's a fricken rookie. Rookies make mistakes. You all bitch and moan that we never have any rookies on this team and now that we have one you all bitch that he makes mistakes. Well guess what? Rookies make mistakes. It's part of the learning process.

I know not all of you are like this but god these type of threads are annoying.

Archived