The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Stanton is costing us goals right now

Outsiders

To be fair... its a team game, but i do believe both edler and bieska cost us the game tonight. Bad decision on edler for the tying goal and bieska fumble hurts on the over time goal. I did notice a lot of pucks going thru the 5hole on luongo of late....

Awesome. One of the biggest/best surprises in Stanton so far is getting some hate now

:picard:

2nd among rookie defensemen in scoring.

4th in hits.

8th in blocked shots.

Another hit and blocked shot tonight.

Drops the gloves with a guy 30 lbs bigger than him.

Has two great defensive plays in the first period.

Complainers gonna complain.

Trolls will troll, bandwagoners will bandwagon etc., not much you can do about it.

The past few games he has been making bad reads which is costing us games.. Is he cocky or just making bad reads. And I know torts said stantom had the right play (chi game) just how is it santorellis fault by a error on stanton parts? What do you guys think. Stanton needs to stay back. And let Bieska jump up in the play. Discuss

Really? :picard:

Probably the best 6th defenceman in the league IMO. He's on pace for 30-40 points, a plus rating, plays physical, plays hard, sticks up for team-mates and is a rookie. This kid only has one or two big gaffs a game, unfortunately of late they've resulted in big goals against.

Exactly!

The expectation seems to be that the d-core does pinch almost as a matter of course. Stanton pinched and Santorelli as center was to pick up the forward breaking out. It appeared to me that Santorelli hesitated thinking that Stanton would win on the pinch. The hesitation allowed the King to break out. crap happens!

Fans questioning Stanton should reel back to last year. Compare the effectiveness of Stanton with 1 NHL game prior to his Canuck acquisition to a Keith Ballard who had hundreds of NHL games and was making over $4 mil a year. It is ridiculous. I have been to hard on Tanev as I questioned whether he could survive the physical game. Stanton's ability to clear the zone is almost as good and he is much bigger. Gillis hit an absolute HR with this kid and his upside is very positive.

He is the least of this teams problems.

Further more he was a fantastic pickup. We have so few promising D prospects after Corrado. I love that Torts is letting the kid play and learn. He's definitely playing the right way but he's young and will make mistakes. There are few defenders in the league at his rate of pay that play as well as he does.

The kid is 3rd in points among D only one point out of a 3 way tie for 1st. 3rd in +/-, 3rd in hits, Leading PIMs but justified PIMs like lastnight. And he's done that while being 6th in ice time among D given 3-5 more mins per night I would wager he would be leading points and hits. Not to shabby.

The past few games he has been making bad reads which is costing us games.. Is he cocky or just making bad reads. And I know torts said stantom had the right play (chi game) just how is it santorellis fault by a error on stanton parts? What do you guys think. Stanton needs to stay back. And let Bieska jump up in the play. Discuss

Don't blame Stanton, try give away Edler.

Chicago drafted him for a reason.

He has been great all season, and lately, some high profile gaffes.

These mistakes are magnified exponentially under the low goal production currently plaguing the team.

At least he has been a pleasant surprise. At best he might just turn out to be an EPIC swipe from our arch rival.

Archived