The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings win 3-2 in OT

Brad Bellick^

If he's the best goalie in the league, as so many of his fans put forward (but refuse to say), then why can't he stop some of these hard goals? He's the third highest paid goalie in the NHL, it eats cap space, he does need to stop the shot from the one man left alone in front of the net sometimes.

He does stop hard goals, quite a bit actually, but you can't really expect any goalie to save 2 on 1's consistently, especially if the pass isn't taken away (he's actually stopped quite a few 2 on 1's and held us in a lot of games). Btw he is the 11th highest payed goaltender in the league, not third.

after giving this a lot of thought. why doesn't Lu just admit he cost us this game.

Every player showed up but with that being said Edler Kesler & Bieksa made A mistake but also did soooooo many things right all night. I watched LA make mistakes all night but Scrivens bailed them out over & over. I'm not saying Lu has played bad at all but last night he let in STOPS HE HAS TO MAKE. It's called game saving saves when your team played FANTASTIC all night long......

Whoa there. The two goals he allowed were basically no mark chance from Richards and Kopitar of all players within 2 feet of the net. For the Richards' goal, it was within 1 foot of the goal line as he tapped it in in the blue paint. For the Kopitar's goal, it hit the post and in, that's how well placed the shot was.

There is no one, I mean no one who can stop those shots unless the shooter puts it right at the goalie. I can't believe that you think those are some routine saves that the goalie must make just because the team has been playing well. Did you see Bieksa's dejected look after the OT goal, he fracked it up and he knew it. He had his eye off the puck, LA player stole it and fed it to Kopitar who didn't make mistake in placing the shot perfectly inside the post.

I know Luongo is not perfect. I still remember that goal Richards scored on him in game 2 in the playoffs two years ago, I think from the faceoff dot. That one there, Luongo fracked it up, it should have been a routine save. Even the second goal against Chicago just before LA game, Luongo should have had it. Sure. But people are really blaming Luongo on those two LA goals? I mean, come on!!!

Edit: You talk about Scrivens bailing LA out? LA defence never made that critical of a mistake. Did they let any pass get through criss-cross through the blue paint? LA D made sure that the mistakes they made weren't of critical nature. Scrivens didn't bail LA out, LA bailed Scrivens out. In my opinion he is just a lucky goaltender and no more. He let so many terrible rebounds out and LA D was always there to clear it out of harms way. His great number only makes me think that Quick is also not as great of a goalie as we think he is actually.

after giving this a lot of thought. why doesn't Lu just admit he cost us this game.

Every player showed up but with that being said Edler Kesler & Bieksa made A mistake but also did soooooo many things right all night. I watched LA make mistakes all night but Scrivens bailed them out over & over. I'm not saying Lu has played bad at all but last night he let in STOPS HE HAS TO MAKE. It's called game saving saves when your team played FANTASTIC all night long......

Go home, ya knucklehead.

Archived