The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My last proposal

(For a while) ;). READ IT ALL. From start to finish.

Lets says the cap does go to 70 mil. We are spending 63 million today. Buy out booth, and we are spending 58.75 million. The trade removes 12.75 million (not adding Jensens cap), but adds 9.5. So virtually will be at, 55.5 million.

Sign Thornton @ 4 years for 29 million. SJ cant afford him Marleau and Boyle to resign.

Sign Marleau/Vanek @ 4 years for 29 million.

Of our 14.5 million cap space that takes exactly the every penny, 14.5 million together.

Hope that wasnt too hard to read

To Vancouver

Ovechkin

To Washington

Kesler, Hamhuis, Higgins, Jensen, Lack, 1st

Makes sense for caps, they are too invested into ovi, they could really win the cup with a strong core.

Makes sense for nucks, everyone moaning about a sniper... And a cup. Here it is.

Our CAP COMPLIANT 2014 roster

Sedins-Ovechkin

Marleau Thornton Shinkaruk

Burrows Horvat Kassian

Hansen Santorelli Richardson

Gaunce/Archibald

Edler Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Corrado Stanton.

Power play unit, 1

Sedin Sedin Ovechkin Thornton Marleau

Unit 2

Burrows Garrison Shinkaruk Horvat Kassian

No body can handle our for check. May aswell call it a five check its so good.

Washington a line up

Johanssen Backstom Kesler

Fehr Grabovski Brouwer

Higgins Laich Ward

Jensen Latta Chimera

Wilson/volpatti

Hamhuis Green

Alzner Carlson

Urbom Strachman

Holtby

Lack

Stanley cup final

Washington Vancouver.

I don't think the following can get Ovechkin (especially with the way he is playing):

-Injury-riddled Kesler

-Good number 2 defencemen (Hamhuis)

-Fringe second line winger (Higgins)

-A prospect who has proven nothing (Jensen)

-Unproven goalie (Lack)

-Late first round pick

I like that team a lot though

I don't think the following can get Ovechkin (especially with the way he is playing):

-Injury-riddled Kesler

-Good number 2 defencemen (Hamhuis)

-Fringe second line winger (Higgins)

-A prospect who has proven nothing (Jensen)

-Unproven goalie (Lack)

-Late first round pick

I like that team a lot though

Id happily give up burrows instead, or aswell... Tbh.

Hamhuis is a number one D. You dont think hes top 30 in the league?

I'd say, from a general stand point, a prospect is someone who has never played, but are drafted/signed. Cause they aren't a player, yet.

The Ovechkin lovefest is beyond me.

- 8 full seasons

- 6 playoff appearances

- 5 division championships

- In Ovechkin's 6 playoff appearances he was a minus player 4 of the 6 years including the last 3.

- The Capitals have never played in a Stanley Cup.

- The Capitals have never played in an Eastern Conference Finals.

While I actually don't think that is enough to get him I am really not a huge Ovechkin fan. He just seems to be the consistent center of a team built on underachieving.

Since it is your last proposal, I'll put a good response which some others won't.

Ignoring NTCs, I would say yes. We get a legit top 6 sniper, Kesler gets replaced by Thornton and I guess Marleau replaces Higgins. The absence of Hamhuis will be replaced by a more developed D core, in Tanev, Corrado, Stanton, Edler. Tanev is showing he is a top 4 and with his progress I can't wait to see what he holds next season.

If we can sign some depth space with minor trades I would love it, my personal lines would be:

Marleau-Thornton-Ovechkin

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian

Richardson-Santorelli-Hansen

Sestito/Archi

Maybe trading Hansen for cap space some toughness like Reaves, Downie, Bollig. For example: Hansen~, for a prospect~.

Although this is very unrealistic and would never happen, value wise it makes sense but Ovechkin sells tickets and in Washington they need that.

To answer the previous posts, Hamhuis is a #1 defensemen, when does he ever make mistake? Plus he can take it into the zone, not like Ehrhoff but he goes in slowly and uses his size well. He is a very dynamic defensemen, can play in all situations but I don't recommend him on the PP since we have betters shooters.

The Ovechkin lovefest is beyond me.

- 8 full seasons

- 6 playoff appearances

- 5 division championships

- In Ovechkin's 6 playoff appearances he was a minus player 4 of the 6 years including the last 3.

- The Capitals have never played in a Stanley Cup.

- The Capitals have never played in an Eastern Conference Finals.

While I actually don't think that is enough to get him I am really not a huge Ovechkin fan. He just seems to be the consistent center of a team built on underachieving.

Don't ignore his team built upon 3rd and 4th liners: Chimera, Ward, Fehr, Brouwer, Laich, Erat (playing like one), Beagle, Volpatti, Laata.

Plus his defense is disgusting. Ovechkin doesn't go invisible in the playoffs either like Crosby and the Sedins, one of the best goal scorers the game has ever seen before. I don't want to hear Gretzky, Lemieux the goalies, defense was worse back than and so was the game. The goalies equipment is oversized but yet Ovechkin he looks close to putting up 70 goals this season.

(For a while) ;). READ IT ALL. From start to finish.

Lets says the cap does go to 70 mil. We are spending 63 million today. Buy out booth, and we are spending 58.75 million. The trade removes 12.75 million (not adding Jensens cap), but adds 9.5. So virtually will be at, 55.5 million.

Sign Thornton @ 4 years for 29 million. SJ cant afford him Marleau and Boyle to resign.

Sign Marleau/Vanek @ 4 years for 29 million.

Of our 14.5 million cap space that takes exactly the every penny, 14.5 million together.

Hope that wasnt too hard to read

To Vancouver

Ovechkin

To Washington

Kesler, Hamhuis, Higgins, Jensen, Lack, 1st

Makes sense for caps, they are too invested into ovi, they could really win the cup with a strong core.

Makes sense for nucks, everyone moaning about a sniper... And a cup. Here it is.

Our CAP COMPLIANT 2014 roster

Sedins-Ovechkin

Marleau Thornton Shinkaruk

Burrows Horvat Kassian

Hansen Santorelli Richardson

Gaunce/Archibald

Edler Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Corrado Stanton.

Power play unit, 1

Sedin Sedin Ovechkin Thornton Marleau

Unit 2

Burrows Garrison Shinkaruk Horvat Kassian

No body can handle our for check. May aswell call it a five check its so good.

Washington a line up

Johanssen Backstom Kesler

Fehr Grabovski Brouwer

Higgins Laich Ward

Jensen Latta Chimera

Wilson/volpatti

Hamhuis Green

Alzner Carlson

Urbom Strachman

Holtby

Lack

Stanley cup final

Washington Vancouver.

That is a sick lineup but now way they are trading their superstar and face of the franchise on Ovechkin

Archived