The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The infamous "LUUUUU!"

Schneider.Man604

Kinda pointless thread here but its something I have noticed this season and I wanna see if yall have too. Anybody else notice that when Luongo makes a great save, the "LUUUU" chants are much louder in opposing teams arenas? The Nucks fans at Rogers arena barely do it that much anymore and when they do its so damn quiet. Tonight vs Ottawa and the games vs the lames and coilers and I think even in Pheonix, the Lu chants were loud. Ottawas was insanely loud I was really impressed. Is it that our fans are losing interest either because of the poor season, or because of that whole Luongo, Schnides controversy? Could it be the lame Rogers arena staff that tells you to be quiet if your too loud? or could it be that Nucks fans in opposing buildings are the true fans unlike the lame suits you see in our building?

Lots of suits at Rogers Arena who are more concerned about stocks on their phones than the game. Plus, it's pretty damn expensive to go to a game in Rogers Arena.

I hate this argument since there aren't lots of suits at roger arena. there are some but most are just regular fans used to a higher level of play from these guys and not easily excited anymore.

I hate this argument since there aren't lots of suits at roger arena. there are some but most are just regular fans used to a higher level of play from these guys and not easily excited anymore.

Well it was like that 2 years ago when I went a few times. Don't know how much it's changed but I doubt by much.

Well it was like that 2 years ago when I went a few times. Don't know how much it's changed but I doubt by much.

I've only been to a game once and it was louder in the first three rows(the two in front were going insane) than anywhere else, also the suits sit in the suites up at the top so they're a non factor.

Rogers Arena is full of people who are businessmen and other people who just get free tickets that aren't actually fans.

In opposing arenas the Canucks fans there are all people who either traveled there to watch the game or live in that city who are loyal Canuck fans.

I almost feel like sometimes there's more real fans at other arenas watching Canucks games than there are on our own ice.

I was at the game tonight, and Luuing is a novelty for us. We only get to see the Nucks live once a year (or once every two in this case) so we're going to cheer when we get a chance. There were a lot of Canucks fans there tonight. Between government employees, military, and students who all hail from BC we fill up a good chunk of the arena.

Tickets are cheap. My standing room ticket cost $24.50 and then I moved to some empty seats for the game. The burger and beer still cost $20. The UBC Alumni association usually organizes a group rate. Low cost might also be why more Canucks fans make the effort to get out to a game here in Ottawa. Took 40 minutes on a bus to get from downtown to the arena and it was minus 10 outside (certainly not as bad as other years).

I'd also note that Luuing in Vancouver was strongest when he first arrived and played lights out all the time. Now he seems human after all these years, and the novelty of having a good goalie (finally!) has worn off. So fans in Vancouver are quieter - we're just too used to having a decent player in goal.

It's because we get shushed at Rogers Arena (playoffs being the exception apparently)

Not even kidding the past few games I've gone to I've been told by the ushers to quiet down or I'll be kicked out when I've tried to start Go Canucks Go chants, figures the only time it's allowed is when Finn is beating that stupid drum *grumbles*

It's because we get shushed at Rogers Arena (playoffs being the exception apparently)

Not even kidding the past few games I've gone to I've been told by the ushers to quiet down or I'll be kicked out when I've tried to start Go Canucks Go chants, figures the only time it's allowed is when Finn is beating that stupid drum *grumbles*

I find that hard to believe. I have been to many games and have yet to see an usher stop fans from chanting. If you are doing it while you are sloshing beer around or intoxicated, that may be a different story though.

I find that hard to believe. I have been to many games and have yet to see an usher stop fans from chanting. If you are doing it while you are sloshing beer around or intoxicated, that may be a different story though.

Believe it, when some prissy pants complains about it and the ushers are like "It's a family environment can you please be considerate of others and not be so loud"

and considering I dont drink, your other point is invalid.

Also I'm not swearing or being a jerk in any way, I merely am just trying to start a Go Canucks Go chant.

Archived