The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack as solid as they come

Guest Cuporbust2

Guest Cuporbust2

Haven't ever been this confident in a backup (besides Schneider)as I am in Lack as a backup. Always looks calm cool and collected. I was worried , as everyone was probably , that losing Schneider would be the beginning if the end for Vancouver s strong goaltending history. I am glad that we seen to have found another solid man to take the backup job. Would not be surprised at all to see him as a starter somewhere down the road.

Mg doesn't get enough credit for everything good he has done. The man is one of the nhl s best at finding cheap talent.

Losing Schneider looked devistating at first. Now I see why mg was confident in that move. Also seeing how last years top draft picks are performing , it totally makes sense.

I'm not sold on him yet. He needs more starts.

I'd assume that major hip surgery has meant that he's had to change his game a bit. His movements and motions probably had to be tweaked.

I feel he loses his posts too much. Over slides one way or the other too often. And I don't think his movements are 100% economical yet. He's a bit too active in the net.

It'll come though. There's definitely a lot of potential there. It's good that he's in the NHL full time now. Gets to work with NHL level coaches and shooters and get that guidance consistently. What I do like is his composure. He's not emotional and is poised under pressure. And the fact that he doesn't belly flop is a good assett too.

Guest Cuporbust2

I'd assume that major hip surgery has meant that he's had to change his game a bit. His movements and motions probably had to be tweaked.

I feel he loses his posts too much. Over slides one way or the other too often. And I don't think his movements are 100% economical yet. He's a bit too active in the net.

It'll come though. There's definitely a lot of potential there. It's good that he's in the NHL full time now. Gets to work with NHL level coaches and shooters and get that guidance consistently. What I do like is his composure. He's not emotional and is poised under pressure. And the fact that he doesn't belly flop is a good assett too.

He is great positionally. I Don't think he loses his posts at all. His reflexes are sharp , and he is a very smart player. That bank shot save was a good example of him always keepin his head in the game. He make look slow laterally because of his size but he isn't.

Yes he does over slide allot but keeps his posts when he needs to it seems. Like u said , it'll come. And I also noticed the fact that he doesn't seem emotional. That's a great thing for a goaltender IMO.

I'll take his ability to get5 across too fast or far over LU's lack of lateral movement. Lack can be taught to not move as far, there's nothing you can do with a goalie that doesn't have the ability to move well laterally.

Eddie's ability to do so while remaining upright was crucial today. Not only did he make a lot of initial saves, but he was able to get across to the other side quickly and upright to make the 2nd and 3rd save. LU would have been down and out after the first save in trying to dive head first across.

Lack stole this game as the Nucks were out-chanced and the quality of shots against Lack was superior to those the Nuck took. It's been a long time since we had a goalie steal a game.

He is only 24 and has played just 5 games. He is only going to still develop and get better and be our future goalie in a few years if not sooner if Lu gets moved or bought out.

Guest Cuporbust2

We drafted him to develop him and trade him for picks.

Signed him, and Maybe, Maybe not. Either way, his success is great for us if he developes into a consistent winner

Guest Cuporbust2

we didn't draft him

No we didn't. We may have signed him to develope and trade him though. I missed that. Lol. That's why I mentioned mg in the op. Once again mg finds a guy everyone else passed on and he is at the very least, solid. The man has done wonders in that area

Archived