The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack as solid as they come

Guest Cuporbust2

Original Post:

We drafted him to develop him and trade him for picks.

No we didn't. We may have signed him to develope and trade him though. I missed that. Lol. That's why I mentioned mg in the op. Once again mg finds a guy everyone else passed on and he is at the very least, solid. The man has done wonders in that area

He wasn't drafted. Signed out of the swedish league as a free agent if I remember correctly.

....I guess CDC was already on that.

we didn't draft him

Guys...this post was in jest. I'm pretty sure he intended to mock Gillis' statement after Schneider was traded.

He just seems like a really fun guy... Smoke a j with him and play some foosball.. Or build a tree house.. If he wasn't a pro athlete .

And he likes food.. we'd get on great. . Wonder if he is upset Sweden aren't goin to the World Cup.

Luongo still number one and I can see him being there for at least 6-7 more years.. Lack's game load will increase yearly. Hopefully he is still around when luongo retires... Or declines

I would do that deal in a hearbeat to get rid of that overpaid dead weight Luongo and Edler and we would be far better off now and in the future.

Only thing is i would first play Lack lots over the next couple months to make sure he's the real deal and then pull the trigger with Florida and grab a backup as well.

Luckily you aren't our GM

Haven't ever been this confident in a backup (besides Schneider)as I am in Lack as a backup. Always looks calm cool and collected. I was worried , as everyone was probably , that losing Schneider would be the beginning if the end for Vancouver s strong goaltending history. I am glad that we seen to have found another solid man to take the backup job. Would not be surprised at all to see him as a starter somewhere down the road.

Mg doesn't get enough credit for everything good he has done. The man is one of the nhl s best at finding cheap talent.

Losing Schneider looked devistating at first. Now I see why mg was confident in that move. Also seeing how last years top draft picks are performing , it totally makes sense.

I actually at one point didn't think schnieds w b as good as he is. Lack on rhe other hand I thought from the begining was going to be great. Its not just his play but the type of person he is with an unflappable personality. He will be great. We will either trade him or lou or have another goalie controversy on our hands

I actually at one point didn't think schnieds w b as good as he is. Lack on rhe other hand I thought from the begining was going to be great. Its not just his play but the type of person he is with an unflappable personality. He will be great. We will either trade him or lou or have another goalie controversy on our hands

I also think he is going to be very good.

Not sold either. He starts tonight and it's a great chance to prove a point. The team will be tired and Lack will have to stop allot of shots I hope. His lateral movement is terrible compared to Snides. I still think this was the dumbest move Gillis will ever do.

Anyway, Lack is an AHL goalie IMO. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I've yet to see that amazing save yet... where I'm standing applauding. Carolina isn't even a good team and I'll bet 3 or more go by tonight. The only way this won't happen is if the nucks contain the crap out of their forwards and we take no penalties.

I say Lack is only as good as his D-men play and with tired guys in the 3rd coming out... I call an end to the streak.

I do see potential though... a few years down the road, he could be a great goalie, but he won't be no Snides ;)

I'll come back and eat crow if I'm wrong.

Anyway, Lack is an AHL goalie IMO. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I've yet to see that amazing save yet... where I'm standing applauding.

This is a silly point to make. If a goalie doesn't have to make that "amazing save", chances are it's because they were in position and square to the shot. Schneider very rarely had to make that save because he was in position and the shot would just hit him in the chest. When he did, it was usually because he screwed something up trying to handle the puck or something along those lines. It's similar to not noticing a guy like Dan Hamhuis (or any other top shutdown d-man) all game long, that means he's doing his job and isn't out of position defensively.

Not sold either. He starts tonight and it's a great chance to prove a point. The team will be tired and Lack will have to stop allot of shots I hope. His lateral movement is terrible compared to Snides. I still think this was the dumbest move Gillis will ever do.

Anyway, Lack is an AHL goalie IMO. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I've yet to see that amazing save yet... where I'm standing applauding. Carolina isn't even a good team and I'll bet 3 or more go by tonight. The only way this won't happen is if the nucks contain the crap out of their forwards and we take no penalties.

I say Lack is only as good as his D-men play and with tired guys in the 3rd coming out... I call an end to the streak.

I do see potential though... a few years down the road, he could be a great goalie, but he won't be no Snides ;)

I'll come back and eat crow if I'm wrong.

:bigblush:

Archived