The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack as solid as they come

Guest Cuporbust2

Lack does look very good in minimal showings. Great size, athleticism, mobility compete level. smarts, attitude etc...

I think he'll be our starter come playoffs. MG must move Luongo ASAP as he has some stock value now I would think? Lack is a starter & is younger & more athletic than Luongo at this point in each's careers.

Guest Cuporbust2

Record: 5 wins - 2 losses GAA: 1.98 SV%: 0.927 Shutouts: 1

Casualties of Lack: Chicago, St. Louis, Carolina x 2, & Calgary.

His two losses came against Anaheim and Columbus, and he allowed only 2 goals each game.

Eddie's resume looks pretty damn good!

Good but short. We will see, though it looks really promising. We don't even need him to be superstar just good ( even though superstar is always nice lol)

Being swedish I´ve followed Lack through the years. I was hoping he would get his breakthrough i Sweden when the no 1 keeper in his team was traded, but instead they made a very questionable and economicly stupid deal and signed Ed Belfour. Probably a purely pr-thing to get attention for the team who played in the 2:nd league. Goes without saying Lack was benched for the season.... I was thrilled when I heard he had signed with my Canucks! And when they also signed swede Joakim Eriksson I was joking with my friends at work about how wierd it would be if Eddie got to be no 1 goalie backed by Eriksson! :) Seems like it really came true..... At least for a game or 2 (hopefully)... Lack is a solid keeper, yes. But I really hope he can deliver under preasure for as long Lu is gone...

I'm just glad Lack has been proving to be a solid goaltender and very good in high pressure situations. When you get rid of a 'backup' (or starter or whatever you wanted to call him) on the caliber of Schneider, there's always the concern well okay, our goaltending won't be quite a good this year. But so far, so good. Lack has played well and I never feel nervous with him in the net. He looks nervous AS HELL during interviews, but in actual game situations he seems pretty calm and zoned into the game. Definitely a likable character :)

I guess Gillis wasn't such an idiot trading Schneider afterall

Gillis wasn't an idiot for trading Schneider but he was for humiliating Luongo and then discovering he was unmoveable. Lack is amazing, though. Those people in Winnipeg (back when it was our farm team) who said that Lack is better than Schneider might just be right. What I love about Eddie is his ability to battle when the other team pushes back. We haven't seen him let in many softies, or untimely goals that deflate the team. Whether or not it's fair to blame Luongo for those things, Lack certainly looks good in that department.

Eddie is making it look easy. Long may it continue. The most refreshing part however, is the kid could put up 6 consecutive shutouts in Lu's absence and his nose wouldn't get the least bit out of joint when he had to resume his role as a backup, he's a real team first guy by all appearances. We are in a fantastic place with our goaltending right now- enjoy it while it lasts.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Like I've said many times before regarding Schneider and now Lack... it's not the same being a starter. While Lack is still playing pretty good as the starter in Lu's absence, his shiny stats have fallen dramatically. He's allowed 4, 4, 4, and 5 goals in his last 4 starts.

We've seen him flopping, give up soft goals, late period goals, and goals in quick succession... all the things Lui is criticized for. Yet there's no criticism. Why? Because it's undeserved... for Lack or for Lu.

Archived