The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man found alive in sunken ships air pocket 3 days after it sank. Go pro camera on diver.

kurtis

Don't think this would make a great movie. It's obviously a cool story, but it would be difficult to get 90 minutes of interesting plot and footage out of a guy sitting stationary amd waiting for 3 days

Yeah that would be about as smart as trying to make a movie about a guy stranded on an island for years. It would be like just one guy day in and day out all by himself, like who would watch that? .... waitaminute

I still find it pretty fascinating how the air bubble formed and it saved his life. If they figured out how it formed perhaps they can teach people how to make their own if it is possible and save countless lives. Imagine how happy this guys family is.

Some funny things about the rescue video. Says the guy the went without any water for 3 days and he was drinking from a water bottle in video which made no sense. Did not show anyone's face when going to the top. Had credits and music at the end of the rescue video exactly like a movie does.

Pretty cool stuff nonetheless.

I'd imagine they sent down a bottle of water along with the breathing apparatus. Rescues like that take ages... he was probably down there for hours even after the diver had found him (not including decompression) - there's no way that whole video was going to be uploaded anywhere.

Amazing story, amazing footage. Lucky he didn't get stabbed by the diver when he grabbed at him... that diver was real calm given the circumstances.

I still find it pretty fascinating how the air bubble formed and it saved his life. If they figured out how it formed perhaps they can teach people how to make their own if it is possible and save countless lives. Imagine how happy this guys family is.

Some funny things about the rescue video. Says the guy the went without any water for 3 days and he was drinking from a water bottle in video which made no sense. Did not show anyone's face when going to the top. Had credits and music at the end of the rescue video exactly like a movie does.

Pretty cool stuff nonetheless.

Pretty sure the air bubble just formed because that end of the room was air tight, so when the boat went under, the air was trapped once the water rose through the doorway.

Don't think you can just make an air pocket, unless you design rooms specifically for such a case.

I dont know how the diver didnt have a heart attack ? He was down there on a recovery mission not rescue mission since 3 days had passed and everyone was presumed dead. When he first seen that hand and then it reached and grabbed him, I would have freaked. Its already dark and creepy enough down there and eery with just the thought of coming across a dead body let alone a living person

Archived