The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 WJHC Canadian Camp Invites released

Anyone know anything about Taylor Leier, Josh Anderson or Felix Girard? Only 3 forwards I've never heard of. As for surprises of those not making the team Domi and Nurse are the most obvious but I'm also surprised Eric Comerie didn't get a chance to make the final camp but I guess Patterson and Fucale were pretty much locks from day one.

Anyone know anything about Taylor Leier, Josh Anderson or Felix Girard? Only 3 forwards I've never heard of.

Anderson plays for the Knights on a line with Horvat and sometimes Domi. He was noticeable in the OHL vs Russia series, he's a big body that likes to crash the net.

Girard is a relative unknown, marginal scoring forward, undersized at 5'10.

Leier plays for Portland with Petan, which is a big reason why he's producing at such an incredible pace.

I think these are the bubble guys for sure.

What is the actual league break down there from OHL/WHL/QMJHL?

seems yet again a lot of OHL players.

5/8 defensemen are from the WHL, so advantage Western Hockey League. 5/15 forwards, making 10/25 invites from the WHL.

6/25 are from the Q, making the other 9 OHL invites. The dub dominates this year's roster.

I looked at the roster at first and thought there was a typo.....ridiculous amount of players that should be there are missing off that list.....

Also, pretty much no grinders or tougher energy players. Our WJ Program seems to really have gone down hill.

Monahan is in the NHL therefor he cant take part in the world juniors. Also he's injured and is week to week might not be ready to the juniors

Actually yes he can. NHL teams can choose to release eligible players before the tournament starts.

RNH is an example on last years team and Smith-Pelly is an example from 2 years ago.

What do you guys think the lineup will be like? I think it will look like this:

Drouin Reinhart Mantha

Shinkaruk McDavid Horvat

Petan Laughton Hudon

Rychel Lazar Gauthier

Reinhart Dumba

Morrisey Ekblad

Pouliot Severson

Fucale

Paterson

I reaaallllly hope Toronto loans Rielly to us.

Rielly - Dumba

Ekblad - Reinhart

Brigas - Pouliot

Some interesting choices. I guess Josh Anderson is the power forward over Gaunce. He is playing well with Horvat and takes the body a lot.

Really happy to see Shinkaruk get the invite. Can't imagine how stressful that must have been being announced last.

Odd there are only 2 goalies. Seems like they picked guys who had a good showing at the subway super series. Hence the no Domi and no Nurse.

Also Dumba is suspended for 3 games of IIHF, Canada is trying to make exhibition games count, but if they can't he won't be available until the game against USA new years eve I think. If he misses first 3 games that means we will only have 6 D... kinda scary.

Makes me wonder which forward would play D if someone got hurt?

Archived