The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

It'd be a shame to lose anybody in this league at this point. 30 Awesome GMs.

I'm still watchin' things like a hawk, It's still entertaining

I'd like to offer my services to the league once again in whatever way I can. AGM? Line Uploader? I alwayed enjoyed tweaking lines and finding combinations in STHS and watching lines click. If anybody needs a hand; I'm around.

- No longer trying to become a GM irl(I really hated my own impatience as a GM on CDC, I don't think I'd be good at it IRL); Off-ice Official/Coach appeals alot more now, - more player involved.(Not that anybody cares :P )

It'd be a shame to lose anybody in this league at this point. 30 Awesome GMs.

I'm still watchin' things like a hawk, It's still entertaining

I'd like to offer my services to the league once again in whatever way I can. AGM? Line Uploader? I alwayed enjoyed tweaking lines and finding combinations in STHS and watching lines click. If anybody needs a hand; I'm around.

- No longer trying to become a GM irl(I really hated my own impatience as a GM on CDC, I don't think I'd be good at it IRL); Off-ice Official/Coach appeals alot more now, - more player involved.(Not that anybody cares :P )

Can you teach me what you learned in your hockey management courses?

Did you get to meet Harry Sinden?

Not in real life; but I spoke to him; and a bunch of other people in the hockey business via extensive weekly, recorded voice webchats- Scouts from a handful of different organizations(the Ducks being one of the more prominent that I recall), etc.

They go around the room and let whomever the special person is for that day answer questions from everybody; and then there's a weekly chat with Harry Sinden where they go around the room and again, let everybody ask a question or two.

You get to sit around and listen to all kinds of awesome, and generally interesting questions from different perspectives in the hockey world.

Example A; We had an author from Colorado who was writing a book related to hockey and wanted more information to make sure she got things right; along with being a lifelong Avs/Hockey fan.

On top of that, they give you some awesome & informative course material. Pretty much anything you could want to know is covered at just about every level.

- I wana be the guy that records Penalty Minutes/that sort of thing; I want to sit in the box and listen to the chirping between the tough guys in the league; Best seats in the house, IMO.

I'm set to do that this Fall as I've volunteered some of my time with the BCHL's Chilliwack Chiefs; It should be a blast!

Archived