The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

My two cents:

My interest level is currently low. I dont blame the league, I blame the fact that its still the NHL off-season. Would a reset increase interest? Probably. However, I do think that the NHL coming back will boost things.

I know that feel man. The lockout was a big reason why I didn't post for the majority of 2 and a half years on here.

I've got an idea though, someone should run an oldschool sim league using an NHL 99 or more recently a 2005 perhaps.

I would be sad to lose the roster I have spent the last 4.5 season building. Was tough enough when the VHL ended! Not to mention all the hard work VC has logged into the league (ratings, simming, stats, etc).

I understand why GM's want a roster reset and it will be best to attract new members, but hopefully we can get a few more seasons in.

EDIT: I would not be interested in sticking around if there would be a change to a retro league.

I would be sad to lose the roster I have spent the last 4.5 season building. Was tough enough when the VHL ended! Not to mention all the hard work VC has logged into the league (ratings, simming, stats, etc).

I understand why GM's want a roster reset and it will be best to attract new members, but hopefully we can get a few more seasons in.

EDIT: I would not be interested in sticking around if there would be a change to a retro league.

lol, I still have the league client for that

I don't want to see this league stop or reset, but I do like having options;

I think what we all need is another STHS league in addition to this one.

I've been having a blast with SOB's STHS based NLL.

Another NHL STHS sim of some kind - be it Retro, Fantasy Draft, or something else, would be cool with me, but if its costing us this league, the price is too damn high. :P

Also; IMO.

EA is crap, after using STHS for so long, and seeing what other sim engines have to offer, I couldn't get interested in a league that feels so, "Dumbed Down" (For lack of a better phrase)

I am here

But I am still not feeling up to it at this time

I had a pretty nasty strain of strep, lost a bunch or weight, haven't been able to eat much as it feels like there is razor blades in my throat

Heal up. Sending you good karma; We'll all wait, and the ones that won't will be back in 3-4 months anyways. :P

Archived