The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whine that rhymes with Share It

Slegr

I like JG if for one reason - what you see is what you get. Yes, he's a homer but he doesn't pretend not to be...that's step one.

Besides, there's enough "love for the other guys by the other guys" to go around and a little balance is in order. Canucks don't get any love outside of the league so I'll be damned if I'm going to criticize getting some from our own.

Nope, sorry...appearances and being "PC" are overrated. Be who you are. And he's a passionate Canucks/hockey fan. At least he isn't a lethargic slug.

Love John Garret

Gonna share it

Others might whine

But I don't care at (all)

Can't bear it

Without merit

Guys gonna hate

when they rate

John Garret

Haters gonna hate me AND John. Like him, don't care.

On that note, how many other teams' fanbases have groups of people who are overly concerned with how opposing fanbases view them? You think Joe Blow Bruins fan is biting his nails worrying about what some idiot from NY, Philly or TO said about Bruins fans?

Hello? They're OPPOSING FANBASES! They're supposed to hate us.

Get with the program, grow a pair, and support this team. Do it in whatever fashion you desire. (No, rioting is not supporting the team.).

We've been around long enough to know better. I could give a frack what opposing fanbases think about our fanbase and neither should you.

As for Cheech, pffft. Whatever. We need more ultra-homerism, not less. The kind that cheers when opposing players get hurt because they're embellishing cowards. The kind that rips proven classy stars because they're actually whining, overrated diving wimps. And the kind that drives this fanbase into an ultra-arrogant and holier-than-thou, (but riot-free) frenzy when the time comes again.

Screw all other teams, players and fanbases and screw anyone who's a turncoat traitor 'fan' for this team as well.

I sure as hell hope the people complaining about Garrett aren't the same people complaining about cbc and their undying hate towards us.

Garrett is on our side, unlike most of the media in Canada. If we hate the people who hate us, what the hell is the point of hating the people that actually like us?

Same goes for the people who dislike Hughson.

Guys like them are good at what they do and they are clearly fans of our team. I'd much rather listen to that instead of a couple neutral robots doing it.

On that note, how many other teams' fanbases have groups of people who are overly concerned with how opposing fanbases view them? You think Joe Blow Bruins fan is biting his nails worrying about what some idiot from NY, Philly or TO said about Bruins fans?

Hello? They're OPPOSING FANBASES! They're supposed to hate us.

Get with the program, grow a pair, and support this team. Do it in whatever fashion you desire. (No, rioting is not supporting the team.).

We've been around long enough to know better. I could give a frack what opposing fanbases think about our fanbase and neither should you.

As for Cheech, pffft. Whatever. We need more ultra-homerism, not less. The kind that cheers when opposing players get hurt because they're embellishing cowards. The kind that rips proven classy stars because they're actually whining, overrated diving wimps. And the kind that drives this fanbase into an ultra-arrogant and holier-than-thou, (but riot-free) frenzy when the time comes again.

Screw all other teams, players and fanbases and screw anyone who's a turncoat traitor 'fan' for this team as well.

Nicely done!

I'm a Garrett fan too. He's pretty entertaining. I just think he needs to watch it once in awhile when he goes over the line with the bias. Sometimes I think he gets a bit caught up in it, and bringing the conspiracies up doesn't help in the big picture. But he's a keeper, for sure.

I like Nachos.

smile-nachos.jpg

Cheech sends that back due to too many veggies.

I sure as hell hope the people complaining about Garrett aren't the same people complaining about cbc and their undying hate towards us.

Garrett is on our side, unlike most of the media in Canada. If we hate the people who hate us, what the hell is the point of hating the people that actually like us?

Same goes for the people who dislike Hughson.

Guys like them are good at what they do and they are clearly fans of our team. I'd much rather listen to that instead of a couple neutral robots doing it.

Yeah. It's a nice change to actually be able to listen to the commentators without worrying they'll make another classless comment about the team. Garrett's not the best colour guy in the business, but I like him doing our games.

Don't think the whole league wide hate-the-Canucks thing really exists anymore. That was in 2011, when we dominating the league. 3 seasons is a long time for fans to create new villains. Now we're just your typical above-average team, no one cares about us enough to hate. We still get the usual bitter Calgary and Edmonton fans, but they have always been and always will be

around.

I would give anything to go back the days when we were so good and so confident that we were public enemy number 1.

You want lack of objectivity? Go no further than the Bruins' announcer, here's a 'best of':

He might as well have called Cooke a Nazi:

And he could work for FOX News with this glorified piece of schmaltz (not talking anything away from Campbell):

Another non-fan of Larscheid. Garrett is ok by me.

I live in the U.S. now, and to get the games in HD, I rarely get the Sportsnet feed. To have to listen to the full-on blind homers on some of the American teams, it gets the blood pressure going as bad as any blown referee call.

When the Nucks were getting blown out by LA a couple weeks ago, with the Kings on a powerplay after Sestito's "charging" penalty (in quotes since he did not actually charge, and just happened to be bigger than the other guy), there was a point shot that happened to hit a Kings player in the ankle, and he went down in a heap. The great, wise Jim Fox immediately bemoaned how the Canucks had lost it and were playing dirty because they were losing. Duuhhhh, the player was hit by his own guy, and no Canuck was near him. No correction, no apology. Just stupid commentating.

St Louis games used to be some of the worst. Back 4-5 years ago, when they were barely a playoff team, but according to the clowns calling the game, they sounded like they were Cup bound.

Some of these guys make the CBC crews sound good!

Archived