The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] FLA offered COL the 2nd Overall pick and Kulikov for the 1st Overall pick at the draft

1) Disagree

2) Florida took Barkov

Unless I didn't read it properly the trade above would have the Avs getting the 2nd overall pick. I assumed they would take Drouin over Barkov. Therefor my statement on Drouin and Kulikov on the same team. FLO would have drafted Mackinnon.

Unless I didn't read it properly the trade above would have the Avs getting the 2nd overall pick. I assumed they would take Drouin over Barkov. Therefor my statement on Drouin and Kulikov on the same team. FLO would have drafted Mackinnon.

Edited my post, hadn't finished writing what I wanted to before I posted it :lol: Also, unless I'm mistaken, I think Roy might've outright said Barkov was their #2 choice. Regardless, I don't think a player like Kulikov is enough to bridge the gap between MacKinnon and the other big 3 names from that draft.

If i was COL I would have considered it because not only do you get kulikov who is a great young d-man but you could potentially draft drouin or seth jones as well which are damn good prospects as well and could turn into franchise players.

If i was COL I would have considered it because not only do you get kulikov who is a great young d-man but you could potentially draft drouin or seth jones as well which are damn good prospects as well and could turn into franchise players.

Defence in 5 years:

Kulikov - Jones

Elliott - Johnson

Sarich - Wilson

Defence wins championships right? They probably did consider it since they would have a sweet defence and would have...

Drouin, Duchene, Landeskog, Stastny, McGinn, Parenteau in their top 9. Solid depth IMO.

Well since Sakic & Roy had all three forwards ahead of Jones I'm glad they didn't take this trade. Kulikov isn't worth the downgrade from Mack to Drouin or Barkov. Now if we lived in an alternate universe where they had Jones ranked #2 then they would be fools for not taking it. Would have gone a hell of a long way to fixing the D problems right there especially with how well Foote and Roy have them playing.

Defence in 5 years:

Kulikov - Jones

Elliott - Johnson

Sarich - Wilson

Defence wins championships right? They probably did consider it since they would have a sweet defence and would have...

Drouin, Duchene, Landeskog, Stastny, McGinn, Parenteau in their top 9. Solid depth IMO.

How did they get both? Also Elliott over Barrie and on his off-side and why even put in a bottom pair at all since neither of those guys will be there in 5 years?

Drouin + Kulikov > Mackinnon

Kulikov being shopped around. Not the stud they thought he would be. Going to be a good 3-4 defensemen at most.

And i think Mackinnon proved everyone wrong for those who were hesitating between him and Drouin. WHJC really didn't help Mackinnon's value. But Drouin didn't play better, they were just deeper in the middle and Drouin got to play with the best players and better minutes.

Pretty sure Spott lost any shot he had to be an NHL coach by leaving MAckinnon on the bench, specially after he owned the Memorial Cup.

Gotta Disagree with you bud.

I haven't seen speed like his in a very long time

http://video.nhl.com...nsole?id=489567

The rest of his game will come along quickly, I think Colorado has one HELL of a player there.

I don't know if that's true. There are some great players that combine speed and skill like MacKinnon, but very few players that have a combination of stickhandling and hockey vision that Drouin has...maybe only Datsyuk and Kane are equivalents.

MAckinnon was supposed to be the next Crosby right?

Now ask yourself. In the Crosby draft. Would you have taken Crosby, or...#2?

They way they hype these kids up is crazy but Nate Mac is going to be a star par excellence and Connor could be the same next year. The way Florida plays they still have a shot

Archived