Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex the Great

Shawn Thornton Slew Foots Orpik, Proceeds to Punch Him While He's Down UPDATE : 15 GAME SUSPENSION

"@HackswithHaggs: Just saw a replay. Shawn Thornton yanked Orpik to the ice and then punched him twice in the head when he was down. Knocked him out cold"

"@penguins: Brooks Orpik wheeled off the ice on a stretcher. Updates as they become available."

"@JoeYerdonPHT: Match penalty for Thornton - as it should be."

Absolutely garbage.

Will get a video up when it surfaces

EDIT: Here's a vine of the incident : https://t.co/iEA1QNF6IE

Orpik is one of the dirtiest players out there. Sorry, can't really feel bad for him when he pulls the same crap.

Dirty squad act like they're coached by Whitey Bulger. What a bunch of classless goons. Watch Shanahan give out a couple thousand fine...Disgraceful league.

Neal kneed Marchand in the head before. Thornton snapped and hit Orpik while he was down...absolutely idiotic.

Orpik also concussed Eriksson maybe 10 secs in the game

Biggest rat to ever play the game. NHL MUST ban his arse forever. Someone is going to die from this gutless puke sooner or later! Take the goggles off Shanahan and Campbell's dad! We are now talking about players lives!

That was one of the dirtiest plays I've seen ever in the NHL. That was borderline assault.

Typical Boston.

Guuuiiise, they're a clean team. They don't go after anybody remember? Shawn Thornton was just protecting himself

At least that's what the coach says. I mean, who am I to not believe Bill from King of the Hill.

:rolleyes:

Damn that sounds really bad, but also sounds like a typical Shawn Thornton play. Guess I'll have to wait and see the replay...

Hope Orpik is alright.

Orpik is one of the dirtiest players out there. Sorry, can't really feel bad for him when he pulls the same crap.

Sorry bud but I've never seen Orpik assault someone.

Guuuiiise, they're a clean team. They don't go after anybody remember? Shawn Thornton was just protecting himself

At least that's what the coach says. I mean, who am I to not believe Bill from King of the Hill.

:rolleyes:

I'm just waiting what lame excuse he's gonna come up with in the post game interview..

Neal kneed Marchand in the head before. Thornton snapped and hit Orpik while he was down...absolutely idiotic.

Orpik also concussed Eriksson maybe 10 secs in the game

Orpik's hit was clean

If Torres did that he'd get 50+.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Thornton got nothing.

Sounds about right... Waiting to hear what the justification of his actions were from his coach and GM... :rolleyes:

He broke Eric Cole's neck.

With a HIT.

He didn't fricken come up from behind, slewfoot the guy and then punch him several times while he was down breaking his neck.