35 replies to this topic

#31 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,824 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

His suspensions shape how players play the game. They indicate what is suspendable and what is permissible. It does affect the game. Open your eyes.

Punishment is not a deterrent. When you are in the heat of a play, you're not thinking "I'm not going to do this because I might get suspended".

#32 Bill Sikes

Bill Sikes

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,902 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

Agreed. Look at Matt Cooke. He was one of the dirtiest players in the league, after a couple lengthy suspensions he vowed to change his game and has. Still has a reputation but is a much better and cleaner player now.

BS, Matt Cooke is as dirty as ever, he has just learned to be sneakier about it.

mqdefault.jpg

#33 rightasrain

rightasrain

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Shannahan is a shell of a person who sold out his soul. I feel sorry for him. He should just leave. He does what the league tells him, not what is right.

#34 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,654 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

NHL is long overdue for an audit of it's justice system

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#35 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,654 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

BS, Matt Cooke is as dirty as ever, he has just learned to be sneakier about it.

Either way a player like him should never had the chance to redeem himself in the first place. Not like the players he took out get a second chance at their careers.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#36 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Let's not be too harsh on Shanny for the 5 game Neal suspension. Rats like Marchand are part of the problem to begin with.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.