Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuktravella

No respect in league and only a matter of time befor a player dies from a dirty play

40 posts in this topic

btw i dont want hockey to turn into a sissy sport rough play is awesome i dont want fighting hitting taken out of the game otherwise lets watch boring as $@&# curling.

Every night i watch highlights of the dirtiest plays elbows sucker punches hits from behind

i think its only a matter of time before some one dies from some of these dumb ass moves players seem to take. I see three solutions

1. cut the body armour chest and elbow pads down to softer material

will cut down on concussion rates i swear theres a player or two

knocked out every few games

2. get rid of instigator and let players sort out the dirty as frack players like

(marchant, kaleta, cooke)

3. make league be unbiased.

boston and american teams get a free run most of the time while canucks

get shafted looks at kassians unintentionsal histicking suspension versus

duncan keiths fully intention elbow on sedin. also stars who commit

dirty plans should feel wrathe as much as 4th liners i remember when malkin

hit willie mitchell from behind zero suspension not even a hearing absolutely bs

Any way id love to hear your opinions

Laughing-hysterically_thumb.gif

It's a matter of too much emotion on the ice sometimes.

Thornton should have not done what he did. And he's already regretting it.

But let's not get carried away.

+1, agree with everything and despite Kassian's suspension, it was unintentional but reckless so he did deserve a suspension but IMO not the length the league gave him.

...I remember back before the 2000's, fighting and hard nose hockey was a huge part of the game and every team had it as a need. I remember even the toughest of players from that time saying that no matter what happens, there is always a level of respect and common sense that goes into play and you should always take that into account. Comparing that to now, seems like the game is made in such a way dirty players can make dirty plays, get ejected from the game and basically get away with murder without having to pay the price and that's why the respect is diminishing because before, everything would be settled on the ice.

The only solution is to give lifetime bans to guys like Chara, Keith, Marchand, Thornton, and Lucic. If the league won't take these gutless pukes out of the game, the players have to.

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't morally outraged at this incident. I say dish out some suspensions and let's move on.

cherry's been saying it for years. gotta get rid of the instigator and let the players police instead of the refs, even if that mean an all out brawl. can't rely on the refs for everything

It also doesn't help that players seem to take less responsibility in defending themselves and keeping their heads up. Even worse, players intentionally turning their backs to the boards to try and draw a boarding penalty.

btw merci theres about 120 players out with injuries in the nhl at the moment obviously some are accidents but thats a major problem

the play has increased in speed in last ten yrs do to better skates composite sticks allowing for faster shots but until they reduce the hardness of chest and elbow pad armour players will continue to have their careers shortened and derailed look at booth i doubt hes ever gonna score 25 goals a yr again now is he

It doesn't help when suspensions are a slap on the wrist for most players.

5 games? That's pocket change.

raph i fully agree if u turn your back at last second your a idiot and should know better one day someone will do that and be a parapalegic

The only solution is to give lifetime bans to guys like Chara, Keith, Marchand, Thornton, and Lucic. If the league won't take these gutless pukes out of the game, the players have to.

Neal got a head start on Ratchand.

Every night i watch highlights of the dirtiest plays elbows sucker punches hits from behind

i think its only a matter of time before some one dies from some of these dumb ass moves players seem to take. I see three solutions

1. cut the body armour chest and elbow pads down to softer material

will cut down on concussion rates i swear theres a player or two

knocked out every few games

Yup.

2. get rid of instigator and let players sort out the dirty as frack players like

(marchant, kaleta, cooke)

Yup.

3. make league be unbiased.

boston and american teams get a free run most of the time while canucks

get shafted looks at kassians unintentionsal histicking suspension versus

duncan keiths fully intention elbow on sedin. also stars who commit

dirty plans should feel wrathe as much as 4th liners i remember when malkin

hit willie mitchell from behind zero suspension not even a hearing absolutely bs

Ugggghhhhh

giphy.gif

Getting rid of the instigator would be useless. Here is what would happen. Marchand injures a player and then chara or Lucic sucker punches anyone that tries to get to him.

I don't like the idea that the game is policed by cementheads. Thinking like that is how people justified Lucic running over Miller. Since no one could fight him then he can do what he wants? It should be ruled fairly by the league and it's officials and while it's not, giving that job to the worst hockey has to offer would make things even more bush league then they already are.

I was thinking the same this morning.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear, sometime this year, that a player died on the ice.

Then, and only then, the league will start thinking about maybe changing some stuff.

It will be a tragedy, but it better be a Bruin.