The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Kesler need to check his stick length?

*Buzzsaw*

Anyone noticed the number of times Kesler is fanning on shots this year?

Against Carolina he must have fanned 4 times on good opportunities.

Usually when someone is doing this so consistently, it is a result of the player using a stick which is either a little too short or a little too long.

From the way Kesler is stickhandling, which also seems to be a little clumsier than usual, I think he has a stick which is an inch or two long.

I think Kesler would be wise to talk to someone about his stick length.

Comments?

I think he could stand to pass a little more. He's a one man show out there. If the puck is on his stick, he ain't passing it. Not sure if it's a function of stick length or, as others have said, his ego...

Ex: Tonight he had a two on one with Santorelli, didn't even look to see if another player was there. Peters knew he was going to shoot all the way...

I think he could stand to pass a little more. He's a one man show out there. If the puck is on his stick, he ain't passing it. Not sure if it's a function of stick length or, as others have said, his ego...

One thing that's pretty notable when he struggles - he squeezes his stick and forces it. Tonight when he fired the puck high and wide on a 2 on 1 might be a prime example - when he's having a good game, he probably sets up Santorelli on that rush, not that it was a bad decision to shoot - but when he's not feeling it, he seems to go into some kind of 'determination bubble' that doesn't really work for him. He's been so good lately that one game obviously isn't much to be concerned about, but that does seem to be a strong tendency of his, that if he can put behind him, could take him to the next level as a player imo.

Kesler is an interesting contrast...

Defensively he plays extremely unselfishly... sacrificing his body and doing everything for the team.

Offensively he is a puck hog, and will shoot every time he gets an opportunity, even if the chance isn't that good. The good news is that he has a wicked wrister if he can actually get the shot off and can beat any goalie in the league when he has some juice behind the shot.

All in all he balances out as an extremely valuable player.

Anyway, this thread is about him fanning on the puck, which he is doing all the time this year, not just tonight.

Keslers a great player man. We all know that. He does seem slightly douchey tho.

He's a douchey Yank. Imagine if he scored the overtime winner against Luongo in 2010? They'd both be traded out of Dodge. He is , was and always will be a d-bag, trade his butt for a good Canadian kid. Perry>Kesler Getzlaf>Kelser Doan>Kesler

Archived