The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Haxball League Season 2

Master 112

See http://forum.canucks...haxball-league/ for the Season 1 thread.

Link: http://haxball.com

Draft results, stats leaders, standings, etc. are listed here (thanks OTTS): https://docs.google....Qzcll6Y0E#gid=4

Welcome to CDC Haxball Season 2!

Feel free to post any questions you have pertaining to Haxball as a whole or just this league in general, and I will do my best to answer.

SCHEDULE:

Westminster Warhounds @ Zimbabwe Zoidbergs

Friday, December 20th, 2013. 8:00 PM, PST.

Huntsville Flaming Goats @ Nigeria Nuggets

Friday, December 20th, 2013. 9:00 PM, PST.

Nigeria Nuggets @ Westminster Warhounds

Sunday, December 22nd, 2013. 7:00 PM, PST.

Zimbabwe Zoidbergs @ Huntsville Flaming Goats

Monday, December 23rd, 2013. 7:00 PM, PST.

--Winter Break--

Huntsville Flaming Goats @ Westminster Warhounds

Friday, December 27th, 2013. 7:00 PM, PST.

Nigeria Nuggets @ Zimbabwe Zoidbergs

Friday, December 27th, 2013. 8:00 PM, PST.

Westminster Warhounds @ Nigeria Nuggets

Saturday, December 28th, 2013. 7:00 PM, PST.

Westminster Warhounds @ Huntsville Flaming Goats

Monday, December 30th, 2013. 7:00 PM, PST.

Zimbabwe Zoidbergs @ Nigeria Nuggets

Monday, December 30th, 2013. 8:00 PM, PST.

Zimbabwe Zoidbergs @ Westminster Warhounds

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014. 7:00PM, PST.

Nigeria Nuggets @ Huntsville Flaming Goats

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014. 8:00PM, PST.

Huntsville Flaming Goats @ Zimbabwe Zoidbergs

Thursday, January 2nd, 2014. 7:00PM, PST.

RULES (Credit to Intoewsables):

Rules are open to discussion for now.

-Format: 4v4 on Big Easy, two 7 minute halves and switch sides at halftime. No score limit, but a mercy rule will be put into effect for 10+ goal leads. One player from another team will "scorekeep" and post the final result in the thread. Scorekeepers may be asked to record games.

-Teams: 4 teams. The Huntsville Flaming Goats, Westminster Warhounds, Nigeria Nuggets and Zimbabwe Zoidbergs.

-Season: Every team has two regular season matches against every other team. One at home and one on the road.

-Playoffs: 1st seed vs 4th seed, 2nd seed vs 3rd seed. 3 game series with same game format as the regular season. The two winning teams will meet in the finals, which will be a 5 game series.

-Draft: Snake draft, order was determined using a randomizer. See spreadsheet for results. https://docs.google....Qzcll6Y0E#gid=4

Remember: It's just a game and we are here to have fun. While frustration is inevitable, please keep this in mind and don't try to ruin things for everyone else.

PLAYERS:

Anyone on this list is considered part of the league.

CDC NAME || HAXBALL NAME || TEAM AFFILIATION

-One one two || Jeanne d'Arc || Nigeria Nuggets

-OurTimeToShine || otis || Westminster Warhounds

-Tom Sestito || imwithstupid || Nigeria Nuggets

-canuckslax || lax || Zoidbergs Captain

-mau5trap || mau5 || Huntsville Flaming Goats

-Intoewsables || Ballsack || Nuggets Captain

-Likewise || Team || Huntsville Flaming Goats

-Spoderman || Spoderman || Goats Captain

-JE14 || JE14™ || Huntsville Flaming Goats

-mbal23 || mbal || Warhounds Captain

-CanucksLegacy || CL || Zimbabwe Zoidbergs

-Gally || gally || Zimbabwe Zoidbergs

-GreenDemon || SKJR || Zimbabwe Zoidbergs

-Drouin || Drouin || Nigeria Nuggets

-Ryp || Ryp || Westminster Warhounds

-Kazmainian Devil || klose || Zimbabwe Zoidbergs

-Burr-Its-Cold || burr || Westminster Warhounds

-formyhunny77 || Hard Gay || Nigeria Nuggets

-asdwe1 || asd || Huntsville Flaming Goats

-Kesler87 || Kesler87 || Westminster Warhounds

STAFF:

The suits. Green denotes an upper staff rank whose duties are not affiliated with any one team. Blue denotes team captains/managers.

League Commissioner and Acting President: One one two (Jeanne d'Arc).

The League Commissioner and Acting President's duties include:

-Finalizing of regular and post-season schedules.

-Determining the draft's order, date, and making sure it happens.

-Generally ensuring all League activities are carried out successfully and in a reasonable amount of time.

-Appointing Captains.

-Scorekeeping/recording if necessary and when able.

-Making important League decisions when needed.

-Maintaining composure during stressful times, taking a direct approach to problem solving and acting with utmost respect as the face of the league.

Assistant Commissioner: OurTimeToShine (otis).

The League Assistant Commissioner's duties include:

-All Commissioner/Presidential duties in the case of Commissioner absences or other extreme conditions.

-Acting adviser to the League Commissioner.

-Scorekeeping/recording if necessary and when able.

-Making important League decisions when needed.

-Maintaining composure during stressful times, taking a direct approach to problem solving and acting with utmost respect as the face of the league.

Director of Player Safety: Burr-Its-Cold (burr).

Zimbabwe Zoidbergs Team Captain: canuckslax (lax).

Huntsville Flaming Goat ****ers Team Captain: Spoderman (Spoderman).

Nigeria Nuggets Captain: Intoewsables (Ballsack).

Westminster Warhounds Team Captain: mbal23 (mbal).

A Captain's duties include:

-Drafting their team.

-Deciding on their team's name and colours (if wanted. Use this: http://haxcolors.herokuapp.com/).

-Changing game times to better suit what works for both teams.

-Keeping team morale high.

-Exhibiting superb qualities of sportsmanship and leadership.

-Will be given Administrative permissions during games their team is involved in to allocate players, etc.

Temporary Captains may be appointed by that team's Captain or league officials in the case of absences or other extreme conditions.

--

Some optional reading:

AWARDS:

Awards are to be handed out after the conclusion of the post-season, *with only one exception.

CDC Cup: The CDC Cup is the most prestigious award in CDC Haxball. It is awarded by the League Commissioner to the team which reigns victorious in the post-season.

President's Trophy: Awarded to the team with the best record in the regular season. *This award will be handed out by the League Commissioner once placing is finalized.

Rookie of the Year Award: Awarded to the best overall newcomer as decided upon by a panel of judges.

Defensive Player of the Year Award: Awarded to the player deemed most effective in the defensive end of the field during the regular season. Cannot be awarded to pure goalkeepers.

Vezina Trophy: Awarded to the goalkeeper deemed overall to be most proficient in the position throughout the regular season.

Art Ross Trophy: Awarded to the player who scores the most points over the course of the regular season.

Clutch Trophy: Awarded to the player who is deemed by a panel of judges to be most valuable to their team's success during the post-season.

HISTORY ON CDC:

This article is a stub. You can help One one two by correcting misinformation and contributing toward the earlier exposures CDC has had to Haxball.

Section 1 (Before Intoewsables' 2013 League):

[One one two doesn't know much about this]

Section 2 (CDC Haxball League Season 1):

Thread here: http://forum.canucks...haxball-league/

This spreadsheet covers the draft results, stats leaders, standings and team rosters: https://docs.google....NvajMyN3c#gid=0

Note that some of the post-season statistics might be missing from the above document.

The Huntsville Flaming Goats were victorious over the Westminster Whippersnappers to win the first ever league title. Unfortunately, footage was lost for the second and deciding game in the series as mass hysteria and celebration quickly followed its completion. This is one of the only known photographs to have survived the day, depicting the two teams lining up to share handshakes after the game:

CBZyYsc.png

(From left: CanucksLegacy(CL), Spoderman(Spoderman), Burr-Its-Cold(burr), JE14(JE14™), Gally(gally, above, “4” as avatar), One one two(112, below, “M” as avatar), Likewise(Team), Drouin/Lemons(Nadal), mbal23(mbal), *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*(VC))

Game one can be watched here (Credit to Spoderman for the recording and uploading of it): http://www.haxballtu...atch/6f76adebb9

Section 3 (This Season (CDC Haxball League Season 2)):

Thread here: http://forum.canucks...-sign-ups-open/

This spreadsheet covers the draft results, stats leaders, standings and team rosters: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgKbNWMWLjLPdHg5YmgtTU5yeUdaWEhBZXQzcll6Y0E#gid=4

Anyone is free to open up rooms and post the links + passwords in this thread.

Unfriend : 112

LOL! :P GG

I got my last final tomorrow morning, and I have a better connection so I'll be around to play some Haxball. Last time I had crappy connection, and went on vacation halfway through. For anyone picking teams, I suggest using your last pick on me. 112 just shot clock cheesed me. fuuuuuuuuuu

Same teams? Let's go Goats!

I decided it would be best to have a clean slate to both account for any new or lost players and ensure that every team starts with a chance to contend.

If any of the captains want to keep an old team going, however, that's perfectly fine. canuckslax is doing this with Zimbabwe, and judging by Spoder's post I think he intends to do the same with the Goats (although he'll have to clarify). The draft will be done over, so rosters likely won't stay the same.

This can all still be debated, of course. If enough people want to keep the old rosters and teams, it'll happen and there will be a new draft just for new players.

let's try 3x4 periods instead of 2x7

yolo

I wouldn't be against this. Keeps the intensity up with shorter periods and gives captains a bigger role with the intermissions imo.

Archived