The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen (Updated)

MattCanuck

So i realized that the last post about Jake was back in 2012, so im wondering how he is playing now.

i noticed he may have dropped and now is being ranked by Craig button at 57 on the top prospects for next years draft, and him being a BC boy. he is something special. also i dont know much about his styles, he seems like a power forward, who also plays a good two way game also getting into the odd fight.

If he's from BC we should take a chance on him. Players who grew up here seem to flourish recently (Hamhuis,Santorelli and Garrison)

This, and I really honestly am shocked he's dropping by the day. I don't usually follow junior ayers but I've followed Virtanen and he's been himself and playing good hockey. Not much bad and he's still his raw self. Started off as a top 10 pick and is dropping...if Canucks pick him up, there's no way they wouldn't be happy. He is going to become a great NHLer and again, born in BC.

If he can fall like Hunter did to us, I'm telling you we should all praise the hockey lords. Jake is a phenomenal player.

• 2 weeks later...

Craig button is on crack. Jake won't be slipping past the top 15 let alone the first round. Big Bob had Jake ranked 5th overall on his early mock draft. He has 18 goals so far and is on an incredible run right now. The canucks would be phenomenally lucky to even get Jake with their first round pick. This kid is going to be a superstar

• 2 weeks later...

we would have a shot at Kempe (ISS 20) and Tuch (ISS 23)

I agree, that if vertanen fell to us we should take him, but he is ranked 12 by the International Scouting Service in November 2013.

And I would never take advice from Craig Button on any player or anything for that matter.

Alex Tuch seems very intriguing - a very gillis type pic - big and putting up good numbers so far. The USHL is a difficult league to judge - I would be curious to hear from someone who knows this player or has seen him play. Kempe has nice size at 6'2'' and jack Glover is a big right shot d man rated at 22 in november by ISS

any thoughts on these guys???

Alex Tuch seems very intriguing - a very gillis type pic - big and putting up good numbers so far. The USHL is a difficult league to judge - I would be curious to hear from someone who knows this player or has seen him play. Kempe has nice size at 6'2'' and jack Glover is a big right shot d man rated at 22 in november by ISS

any thoughts on these guys???

that link I posted was to tuch. to me he seems like a backes type guy.

but I really want an impact d man this year know anything else about this Glover kid?

To reiterate, since my last post he now has 25 goals, good for 6th in the league. Only guys ahead of him are all older. The kid has every tool.. shot, speed,size, hands.. the only thing including his game you could say is a flaw is positional play but that has improved miles since last year and that can be coached. We need to pray to get him mid first round

Tuch is a beast, I dont know if its cause hes more developed physically then other in his highlights or what but I have seen a couple youtube vids of him just absolutely power goals through, fighting through or brushing aside defenders etc. Looks like a work horse, and depending who is available when our pick comes up I would be willing to take him.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if we took virtanen looks like a beauty raw talent with size and flare, Both forwards are intriguing a long with a few swedes and Bleackley

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

I would be very content with this result, and then take a dman second round or BPA

Archived