The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A view from the other side: Perspective of Boston Bruins Fans on tonight's game

Johnny's Logic

I know there was someone who would post the GDT of opposing teams prior to games. I haven't seen it in a little while now and figured this would be a great game to see what the Boston Bruins fans think of tonights game.

Here is a link to the forum: http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1560383

Here are a few of the posts I found most interesting:

1) "I got tix for when the divers come to Boston on Feb 2nd.... Canucks can suck it"

2) Marchy has inspired a large number of haters-but the players who play the rat role often do and more times than not the haters would love him if he were on their team (and I know I would hate him if he was on another team). I get the hate, and I know Vancouver fans especially hate him-to them he is the evil grinch who stole their cup.

3) I'm still amused by how many Vancouver fans are still crying about losing in the Finals

4) I'm hoping to see a weasel like Kassian get his face asplode for his Gagner taunt last night.

5) I think the rigged by Campbell complaint and "the Bruins were allowed to get by with being mean" complaints are ridiculous (lest we point out the. Burrows bite).

I do sympathize with those who think injury played a role (I think it did) or just frustration with how it ended. I totally understand the Marchand hate (he absolutely crawled in their heads and set up camp).

But in the end the Bruins were the better team and found a way to win. I also think that contrary to popular belief at the time the Bruins weren't that far behind in certain stats like goals for and goals against. About the only stat the Bruins comparatively stunk in was the PP.

Teams that live by their PP in the regular season tend die in the play offs.

6) This might get ugly. Vancouver have a hand full of guys that will be more than willing to be aggressive and fight. Boston, right now, can't really afford to play that game since losing Lucic and/or Chara for 5+ minutes would kill the team.

7) Canucks GDT has a picture of Horton laying on the ice after that cheapshot from Rome in a picture montage. Classy.

8) You know how you can find out if you're team isn't successful?

If you call a regular season game against a non conference opponent you haven't seen in 2 years "THE game"

9) I'll be there representing!

I hope we can "Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" loud enough so all of you in Boston can hear it.

10) Should be an interesting evening. I'm taking the public train down, wearing my Krejci home authentic with the 2011 Stanley Cup Champions patch on it. My wife fears for my safety.

11) Hope the Bruins destroy the Canucks tonight. Bonus points for whoever makes Kassian their *****. Time to remind them why they're still cupless.

12) This team is deathly ill. Every single one of them. For ****s sake.

Take this with a grain of salt people. Hopefully we get the two points and can finally put this nonsense behind. Go Canucks Go!

You're disputing the fact the Bruins are a classless franchise? I can't think of a single member of that organization that deserves any respect.

They have a few. But hey, let's just keep playing blind because of your hatred of them

You're disputing the fact the Bruins are a classless franchise? I can't think of a single member of that organization that deserves any respect.

How about Krejci or Lucic to start? Neither of them dive, and neither of them play dirty. After that though... it's pretty slim pickins.

Chara?

Rask?

There's a few more too. Don't let your hatred cloud the fact that they have a great team led by some great players with as much class as anyone. Don't paint the whole team with the Ratboy/ Thornton brush.

Chara?

Rask?

There's a few more too. Don't let your hatred cloud the fact that they have a great team led by some great players with as much class as anyone. Don't paint the whole team with the Ratboy/ Thornton brush.

Chara is probably the dirtiest of them all. The amount of cross-checks and slashes that he gets away with is ludicrous

Chara?

Rask?

Chara's one of the worst. Cheapshots Pacioretty, and flops on the ice like a fish to try to draw calls. Rask throws more tantrums than a four year old.

Again you're on the ball today King.

What's with the hate of Kassian around the leave now? For us he is nothing really that special, I don't think. But maybe I'm missing something if they hate him so much from other fan bases. I will take it, and maybe learn to appreciate and more.

Anyway, regarding the Bruin fans comments, typical posts from absolutely classless, disgusting, Cletus-like, joke of a fanbase. Marchand and Thornton definitely are their poster boys.

Archived