The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A view from the other side: Perspective of Boston Bruins Fans on tonight's game

Johnny's Logic

Won't take issue with the rest of your post for now, but I do think you may want to take your own advice and be careful... not to strain a muscle squeezing yourself into the gleaming mold of objectivity.

Fans do get bitter over big losses, pretty much by definition. If not over a cup loss, a brutally gruesome one at that, then when?

edit: Just noticed you said "that bitter" not just "bitter" which may make my post seem a little more straw-man-ney...anyway, as I said, not arguing the context or the rest of your post. Just thought we should allow for some diversity of fan-dom-ness here, or what have you.

Oh I have no qualms, I am still bitter as hell over watching Chara hoist the cup in our barn.

But the blind hatred coming from the King is incredible.

Speaking of classless this and classless that yet did we not riot after a loss? Did Lucic not leave his hotel room to rush down to make sure his parents and his in laws business were safe and then stick around in the morning to help clean up when he could have been partying? Did Kassian not just last night possibly mock a guy whose jaw he shattered? Does Kesler and Burrows not hold reputations for loud mouths and divers?

I mean come on. every single team in the league has players like that and I do mean EVERY team. But that much hatred is very unhealthy

Lol fluke win? you're delusional. You don't come back from 2-0 down in the finals to win on the road by fluke. Give me a break.

You do when you wear a team down that already has a roster that is 60% injured by slashing/hooking/cheap shotting them.

No you don't win game 7 on the road in a 4-0 game by fluke. If you truly believe that you lack any knowledge of the sport at all.

Please, tell me. How is a decimated roster supposed to win a championship against a completely healthy line up?

Yup, your opinion sets the benchmark for what defines a "disgraceful organization". Okay, got it. Does this opinion just cover a period from the 2010- 11 playoffs and on to the present, or does this go right back from the present to 1924 when the Bruins organization were first granted a franchise?

Just curious here, if Iginla showed an interest in coming to the Canucks for next season then you would be completely against that idea, because of his "character issues", right?

Would the same thing hold true for some of the other veteran, star players still in the NHL? Would you demand that the Canucks not sign Jagr if he showed an interest in coming here, or would that be okay because he had some time with the Devils to erase the taint of being a Bruin?

And I suppose I shouldn't even get you started on whether or not Lucic would be welcome to play with the Canucks, assuming he were to express an interest in playing in his home town? Would your loathing be tempered if it was made known that he was willing to sign a deal with a serious discount, or would you still say no, regardless?

regards,

G.

I would stop cheering for the Canucks with Iginla here .. also Doan and Phaneuf .. Messier was bad enough, thanks ..

Oh I have no qualms, I am still bitter as hell over watching Chara hoist the cup in our barn.

But the blind hatred coming from the King is incredible.

Speaking of classless this and classless that yet did we not riot after a loss? Did Lucic not leave his hotel room to rush down to make sure his parents and his in laws business were safe and then stick around in the morning to help clean up when he could have been partying? Did Kassian not just last night possibly mock a guy whose jaw he shattered? Does Kesler and Burrows not hold reputations for loud mouths and divers?

I mean come on. every single team in the league has players like that and I do mean EVERY team. But that much hatred is very unhealthy

Can't authoritatively say what happened with Kassian and hope he didn't stoop so low, and won't take reputation based largely on media hype as the gospel, but I guess I should take my own advice and allow you the opinion you're entitled to.

As for the riots, at least in 2011, word has it hockey was more the excuse than motivation behind the hooliganism for people that were too busy riding the train in with their molotov cocktails to care much about what was actually happening in the game. I tend to believe that. To make them representative of hockey fans is a bit of a stretch in my opintion.

Now about this "we" you refer to... Is there a little something you've been secretly longing to confess?

I hate how any time the topic of Boston winning the cup in 2011 is brought up people bring up how the 'canuck' fans rioted. Those people where NOT fans. I was downtown. They had riot 2011 signs even before the game started, some of them were wearing Canuck jersey's with PRICE tags still on them and Kesler's named spelt KESSLER. What canuck fan in their right mind would wear jersey's like that? Please for the love of the hockey gods stop lumping Real Canuck fans in with those idoits who burnt down OUR city. Watching those classless goons holding up our cup was hard enough, then seeing a bunch of 'fans' burn down our city was even worse. Nothing though compares to being asked "if I am going to riot everytime the Canucks lose because that is what canuck fans do", everytime Van loses, its beyond INFURIATING.

Thornton should have received the same punishment that Bertuzzi did. It was pre-meditated assault. If this was Montreal, someone would have called the police.

15 games is such a joke. It should have been the rest of the season + playoffs.

That would make an example of that Neanderthal.

I imagine that if he didn't play in the NHL he would be bagging groceries somewhere.

I hate how any time the topic of Boston winning the cup in 2011 is brought up people bring up how the 'canuck' fans rioted. Those people where NOT fans. I was downtown. They had riot 2011 signs even before the game started, some of them were wearing Canuck jersey's with PRICE tags still on them and Kesler's named spelt KESSLER. What canuck fan in their right mind would wear jersey's like that? Please for the love of the hockey gods stop lumping Real Canuck fans in with those idoits who burnt down OUR city. Watching those classless goons holding up our cup was hard enough, then seeing a bunch of 'fans' burn down our city was even worse. Nothing though compares to being asked "if I am going to riot everytime the Canucks lose because that is what canuck fans do", everytime Van loses, its beyond INFURIATING.

On that I'm inclined to agree. Completely.

You're disputing the fact the Bruins are a classless franchise? I can't think of a single member of that organization that deserves any respect.

I have a lot of respect for bergeron and hamilton.

I hate the bruins, but those 2 are good, respectable, canadian hockey players. Im excited to chear for both of them in the olympics (bergeron this year, hamilton still has a while before he is considered).

amazing how a few fans fooling around on another board causes such an uproar here. people on this board are so insecure

I wouldn't say that based on what I've seen in this thread. I've actually been enjoying the discussion. You should see the comments section of some other websites by comparison. You might appreciate this one a bit more for it.

Lol fluke win? you're delusional. You don't come back from 2-0 down in the finals to win on the road by fluke. Give me a break.

we were riddled with injuries, only scored 8 goals, and they still needed 7 games to beat us, they went out first round the year after they won it, they choked and lost it in 17 seconds to Chicago last year, and they lost to us in the first rematch after the finals. they got lucky against us

also daddy campbell was in charge of things

Archived