The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A view from the other side: Perspective of Boston Bruins Fans on tonight's game

Johnny's Logic

Lol some of the comments on that forum made them seem just as uneducated as some of us on here, pretty even on that standpoint. As for their players (except for marchand) if they were on our team we wouldn't be saying the same thing. Two skilled teams, one with a way rougher edge and reputation, that's all.

2) Marchy has inspired a large number of haters-but the players who play the rat role often do and more times than not the haters would love him if he were on their team (and I know I would hate him if he was on another team)

This is the kind that always makes me laugh because it's not well thought out.

Easy to say to them if Marchand wasn't a bruin they would hate him equally as everyone else for being the rat that he is.

Maybe what they are trying to say is they really want kesler and Kassian on their team? Is that where all the trash talk comes from?

I just want to add if not for some puck luck and timely execution on the Canucks part, they easily could have had their asses handed to them tonight. Bruins were controlling the game before falling behind. Game could have easily gone the other way.

Luck???

The coach made an adjustment and the team responded and executed.

Great team effort and really, why be a stick in the mud anyways? Lose a bet?

Yup, your opinion sets the benchmark for what defines a "disgraceful organization". Okay, got it. Does this opinion just cover a period from the 2010- 11 playoffs and on to the present, or does this go right back from the present to 1924 when the Bruins organization were first granted a franchise?

Just curious here, if Iginla showed an interest in coming to the Canucks for next season then you would be completely against that idea, because of his "character issues", right?

Would the same thing hold true for some of the other veteran, star players still in the NHL? Would you demand that the Canucks not sign Jagr if he showed an interest in coming here, or would that be okay because he had some time with the Devils to erase the taint of being a Bruin?

And I suppose I shouldn't even get you started on whether or not Lucic would be welcome to play with the Canucks, assuming he were to express an interest in playing in his home town? Would your loathing be tempered if it was made known that he was willing to sign a deal with a serious discount, or would you still say no, regardless?

regards,

G.

I am glad someone else considers this entire thread a bunch of banter from a bunch of elementary school kids. It makes me wonder who the immature fans really are, Boston Fans of Vancouver fans. Both seem pretty childish to me and they should grow up.

I am glad someone else considers this entire thread a bunch of banter from a bunch of elementary school kids. It makes me wonder who the immature fans really are, Boston Fans of Vancouver fans. Both seem pretty childish to me and they should grow up.

Why do you care so much?

I don't get why there are people in this thread that want us to kiss the Bruins butts.

If you are a fan of them, good for you but to expect anyone else to be here is ridiculous. It's a sports rivalry and sorry if you are new to the concept but we don't like eachother.

Broad brush much? Hint: it doesn't make you look as mature as you might think.

Tonight's win took the sting off the cup loss by 1%. I loved what marchand did tonight the FIRST time. I mean it was funny and it did make us bite our tongues. But then constantly showboating and being a prick just made me want to slap him.

Great game tonight. Lets keep it rolling!

I don't get why there are people in this thread that want us to kiss the Bruins butts.

If you are a fan of them, good for you but to expect anyone else to be here is ridiculous. It's a sports rivalry and sorry if you are new to the concept but we don't like eachother.

Exactly.

i was at the game tonight, speaking for the bruins fans in my section and general area, they were pretty good. granted the score was 6-2...

Well, fear can have that effect. But I don't really doubt that there are some decent Bruins fans out there. Who knows, maybe even the majority. I'd like to think Canucks fans would be afforded the same benefit of the doubt. ;)

Luck???

The coach made an adjustment and the team responded and executed.

The coach called a time out because he could sense the momentum shifting and the Canucks could go down.

Worked out in this case but let's give Booth the credit.

So many like to ride his tail here and he bailed out a team that was lacking confidence or whatever early on.

I just want to add if not for some puck luck and timely execution on the Canucks part, they easily could have had their asses handed to them tonight. Bruins were controlling the game before falling behind. Game could have easily gone the other way.

wow way to discredit the coach and team.

Exactly. I like the sarcasm there too. Spot on.

And now we've seen how a healthy Canucks team can dominate a decimated Boston team and not just the other way around.

We are missing a top 4 d-man our top line right winger and our 3rd line centre. Not exactly healthy and we played the night before. Who are they missing a couple 4th liners, gee they are messed up...

We are missing a top 4 d-man our top line right winger and our 3rd line centre. Not exactly healthy and we played the night before. Who are they missing a couple 4th liners, gee they are messed up...

Not going to complain with that assessment, except that the flu might be hitting them hard right now too. Just happy about the result tho. ;)

edit: Not to mention, all of a sudden, just 6 points back from pole position for the President's Trophy.

Not bad for a team that couldn't buy goals last month. :)

Chara?

Rask?

There's a few more too. Don't let your hatred cloud the fact that they have a great team led by some great players with as much class as anyone. Don't paint the whole team with the Ratboy/ Thornton brush.

Looks like you're forgetting about one of Chara's hits

Archived