270 replies to this topic

#61 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,763 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

If I had the money I would seriously pay the NHL a ton of it to get that classless, gutless organization out of this league.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#62 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,543 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

How about we just beat them fair and square on the ice and the scoreboard?

We need the 2 points.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#63 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Anyone who voluntarily becomes part of such a disgraceful organization clearly has some issues regarding their character. Lots of respectable contenders Iginla could have chosen.

Yup, your opinion sets the benchmark for what defines a "disgraceful organization". Okay, got it. Does this opinion just cover a period from the 2010- 11 playoffs and on to the present, or does this go right back from the present to 1924 when the Bruins organization were first granted a franchise?

Just curious here, if Iginla showed an interest in coming to the Canucks for next season then you would be completely against that idea, because of his "character issues", right?

Would the same thing hold true for some of the other veteran, star players still in the NHL? Would you demand that the Canucks not sign Jagr if he showed an interest in coming here, or would that be okay because he had some time with the Devils to erase the taint of being a Bruin?

And I suppose I shouldn't even get you started on whether or not Lucic would be welcome to play with the Canucks, assuming he were to express an interest in playing in his home town? Would your loathing be tempered if it was made known that he was willing to sign a deal with a serious discount, or would you still say no, regardless?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#64 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Yup, your opinion sets the benchmark for what defines a "disgraceful organization". Okay, got it. Does this opinion just cover a period from the 2010- 11 playoffs and on to the present, or does this go right back from the present to 1924 when the Bruins organization were first granted a franchise?

Just curious here, if Iginla showed an interest in coming to the Canucks for next season then you would be completely against that idea, because of his "character issues", right?

Would the same thing hold true for some of the other veteran, star players still in the NHL? Would you demand that the Canucks not sign Jagr if he showed an interest in coming here, or would that be okay because he had some time with the Devils to erase the taint of being a Bruin?

And I suppose I shouldn't even get you started on whether or not Lucic would be welcome to play with the Canucks, assuming he were to express an interest in playing in his home town? Would your loathing be tempered if it was made known that he was willing to sign a deal with a serious discount, or would you still say no, regardless?

regards,
G.

No, I Wouldn't take iginla. Him signing with the Bruins is in effect condoning the way they play. I don't want anyone who thinks their cheapshots are acceptable in a Canucks jersey. As for Jagr, he was traded there, and didn't have a NTC. Can't blame him for that. And HELL NO on Lucic. The guy's one of the dirtiest players in the league and AUTOGRAPHS pictures of him delivering one of the dirtiest hits of the decade? That piece of garbage is a disgrace to Vancouver.

TRad-N.gif

#65 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,349 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

POPULAR

And people wonder why everyone hates Canuck fans....

You all sound like a bunch of 5 year-olds. Before the Bruins beat us, the "Hawks" were the "dirty", "Classless" team. The year after that, it was the Kings.

Here's a newsflash: There isn't a team in the NHL that doesn't hack and slash a bit, especially in the playoffs, when the zebras are reluctant to dish out powerplays. If the Caucks had lost to the Pens in 2011, everyone here would be whining about how dirty Matt Cooke and Aaron Asham are, or how Crosby dives and whines all the time. No-one would be saying a word about the Bruins.

There are more than a few Bruins that have my respect and yes, Chara is one of them. The hit on Pacioretti was an unfortunate accident, but the haters will never believe that.

Anyone remember who it was that made the trip to see if Burrows was okay after he was concussed at the World Championships?

Ask anyone who saw Chara play in Prince George. This was a guy who could literally one-punch almost anyone, but was reluctant to drop the gloves for fear of hurting someone badly. (Some will remember a scrap with Bryan McCabe several years ago. Z had McCabe at his mercy, but never threw a punch)

Other Bruins whom I respect: Bergeron, Eriksson, Iginla, Krejci, Krug, Hamilton, McQuaid, Seidenberg, Paille....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#66 canuckfan_21

canuckfan_21

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Am I the only one who found the Maury part on their GDT pretty damn funny?

Edited by canuckfan_21, 14 December 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#67 warrchief

warrchief

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Compared to the comments from Canucks fans?

This is CDC you know...
Bobby Lou is my homie

#68 dragon4401

dragon4401

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

No, I Wouldn't take iginla. Him signing with the Bruins is in effect condoning the way they play. I don't want anyone who thinks their cheapshots are acceptable in a Canucks jersey. As for Jagr, he was traded there, and didn't have a NTC. Can't blame him for that. And HELL NO on Lucic. The guy's one of the dirtiest players in the league and AUTOGRAPHS pictures of him delivering one of the dirtiest hits of the decade? That piece of garbage is a disgrace to Vancouver.

wow...Iginla, Lucic, Marchand, etc would make us better and perhaps take us over the top...you also realise that now that Lucic has a cup he could arguable want to sign in Vancouver when able to so he can play in his hometown...you don't want those guys because they played for Boston?wtf

#69 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

wow...Iginla, Lucic, Marchand, etc would make us better and perhaps take us over the top...you also realise that now that Lucic has a cup he could arguable want to sign in Vancouver when able to so he can play in his hometown...you don't want those guys because they played for Boston?wtf

Iginla is overrated, will be badly overpaid, and voluntarily went to play with those classless pukes. Lucic is a complete embarrassment to his hometown with his cheapshots, and Marchand's just a disgrace to the species. Lucic and Marchand would be unwelcome no matter what team they played for.

Edited by King Heffy, 14 December 2013 - 04:04 PM.

TRad-N.gif

#70 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

But in the end the Bruins were the better team and found a way to win. I also think that contrary to popular belief at the time the Bruins weren't that far behind in certain stats like goals for and goals against. About the only stat the Bruins comparatively stunk in was the PP.

Posted Image

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

8_9_18.gifRIP PAT QUINN

#71 dragon4401

dragon4401

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Iginla is overrated, will be badly overpaid, and voluntarily went to play with those classless pukes. Lucic is a complete embarrassment to his hometown with his cheapshots, and Marchand's just a disgrace to the species. Lucic and Marchand would be unwelcome no matter what team they played for.

If he was expected to be a point per game yes he would be but nobody expected that from him hes doing exactly as expected be a force for the Bruins physically...Iginla on our team would be to Kassian as Sundin was for the Twins and help his development into a force and as for your Lucic and Marchand comment...well glad your not our gm

#72 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,349 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Funny thing is, if we were talking about trading for Burrows or Kesler, you'd be saying the same thing....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#73 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

It has nothing to do with tonight's game but do I have a goodie from a bruins fan. so Last time I talked to a bruins fan was on FB and it was regarding Thorton. I said that I thought he should be suspended for the rest of the season and the playoffs and called the bruins a dirty team. A lot of other people said the same thing pretty much but I was the only one this chick responded to. She pretty much told me I was an idoit and in the same breathe went on about how 'poor' chara is always 'targeted' and that canuck fans are just butt hurt and classless... and that the sedins where goons. I pointed out that the 'thorton' incident had nothing to do with the canucks and her attacking canuck fans was classless but then she started whinning about the refs hitting players harder then Thorton did. So yeah I tend not to listen to the bruin fans. They obvoisly are lacking brains.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 14 December 2013 - 04:39 PM.

w1dzz8.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#74 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Okay. Following your train of thought about Iginla vs Jagr, and why one is a jerk and the other is a hapless victim of circumstance, couldn't the same theng be said for Lucic? He was drafted by the Bruins. He did not have a choice of where he played, and he is playing a style which gets him top-6 minutes in the NHL. Should he not try to help his team win? For all you know, he cries himself to sleep every night because he doesn't like the way he is forced to play with the Bruins, and should he ever leave them and come back to Vancouver, he would be a changed man and not hit anyone ever again....

So does this view only extend to current (or former) Boston Bruins players, or does this loathing cover guys from other teams who have never been a Bruin? Is Ben Eager a stand-up guy as he has never played for the Bruins? And I suppose Duncan Keith is the salt of the Earth as he has never been a Bruin, or is he still despicable because of his cheap-shot on Sedin (as well as being a major part of the Hawks running over the Canucks for a few years)? And isn't that hit equivalent to anything that Lucic et al have done with the Bruins? So shouldn't you feel the same way about the current Chicago team (and any former Hawks players)? Doughty and Brown aren't the cleanest of players. Shouldn't the Kings (and any ex-Kings) get equal time in your sin bin? And what about that Williw Mitchell guy? He pulled an Iginla and went to the Kings from the Canucks! He must be condoning their style of play.

Is Ryan Stanton safe from your spleen as he signed with the Hawks as a FA? Or are the Hawks now a "classy" team as there hasn't been any recent playoff distress with them in a few years? What about Richardson? He was with the Kings a couple of years back when they rough housed the Canucks on their way to a Cup, or were they not dirty enough to give you cause for concern?

regards,
G.

#75 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

He's not doing too badly for an overrated player (8g 11a in 32 games). He is certainly not being overpaid this season ($1.8 million), but that could well jump some for next season with the cap going up.

regards,
G.

#76 Light Bearer

Light Bearer

Comets Regular

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Lucic is the poster child for why steroids work
" Some people see things that are and ask why?... Some people see things that never were and ask why not?... And some people have to go to work and don't have time for any of that sh** "

#77 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ok that first one was pretty bad :lol: maybe he wants to be a figure skater?

owned
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#78 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Anyone who would voluntarily leave the Pens and join the rest of the scumbags in Boston isn't exactly squeaky clean themselves.

He wants to win a cup. Boston gives him a great chance to do that. Doesn't take away from the kind of guy he is.
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#79 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

I hate Boston so much. They're all like Thornton.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#80 Chauncey

Chauncey

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Those are the facts, lets see the goon defenders on this board argue that. Disgusts me that some Canuck fans are defending that classless franchise with their classless fans.
RIP RR 37

#81 Absent Canuck

Absent Canuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

He wants to win a cup. Boston gives him a great chance to do that. Doesn't take away from the kind of guy he is.

If he wanted to win a cup he would have signed in Buffalo

Another great sig by Vintage Canuck

#82 Chauncey

Chauncey

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Lucic is the poster child for why steroids work

No he's the poster boy for indecent rats.
RIP RR 37

#83 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,887 posts

Anyone who voluntarily becomes part of such a disgraceful organization clearly has some issues regarding their character. Lots of respectable contenders Iginla could have chosen.

You mean

The kind of Organization that

Does not give their record holding scoring captain a contract offer
Bottom dollars a player like Morrison
Refuses to re-sign or even talk to a good guy like Mitchell
Throws the best goalie on the team ever under the bus
Has issues and throws one of our best prospects ever under the bus before trading him
The kind of organization run by a guy without a crystal ball?

Your hate blinds you. I dislike a lot of the Bruins players but come on man...they're far from a classless organization. The fans are trashy, a few of the players are terrible but any organization that demands players give up some cash and tie to victims of the boston bombing, spend time with sick kids, voluntarily visit schools and donate money for sick and orphaned kids for the holidays is FAR from classless. The finals were two years ago man come on

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#84 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,887 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Okay. Following your train of thought about Iginla vs Jagr, and why one is a jerk and the other is a hapless victim of circumstance, couldn't the same theng be said for Lucic? He was drafted by the Bruins. He did not have a choice of where he played, and he is playing a style which gets him top-6 minutes in the NHL. Should he not try to help his team win? For all you know, he cries himself to sleep every night because he doesn't like the way he is forced to play with the Bruins, and should he ever leave them and come back to Vancouver, he would be a changed man and not hit anyone ever again....

So does this view only extend to current (or former) Boston Bruins players, or does this loathing cover guys from other teams who have never been a Bruin? Is Ben Eager a stand-up guy as he has never played for the Bruins? And I suppose Duncan Keith is the salt of the Earth as he has never been a Bruin, or is he still despicable because of his cheap-shot on Sedin (as well as being a major part of the Hawks running over the Canucks for a few years)? And isn't that hit equivalent to anything that Lucic et al have done with the Bruins? So shouldn't you feel the same way about the current Chicago team (and any former Hawks players)? Doughty and Brown aren't the cleanest of players. Shouldn't the Kings (and any ex-Kings) get equal time in your sin bin? And what about that Williw Mitchell guy? He pulled an Iginla and went to the Kings from the Canucks! He must be condoning their style of play.

Is Ryan Stanton safe from your spleen as he signed with the Hawks as a FA? Or are the Hawks now a "classy" team as there hasn't been any recent playoff distress with them in a few years? What about Richardson? He was with the Kings a couple of years back when they rough housed the Canucks on their way to a Cup, or were they not dirty enough to give you cause for concern?

regards,
G.

Careful G, you're presenting an unassailable argument. You might just get insulted in a minute.

Lucic is on record saying it's a dream for him to play in Van. He went from RFA to 6 year contract, he could still sign here. Iginla might be older but i'd welcome him as a Canuck with open arms. he's a hell of a player an amazing leader and just wants to win a cup. Jagr might be older bu as a 3rd line player there would be none better. I'd like Bergeron on the team, Krejci Seidenberg all welcome additions.

Anyone who is that bitter about a team over a cup win has serious character flaws and honestly will never be swayed by common sense or solid facts

#85 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

How about Krejci or Lucic to start? Neither of them dive, and neither of them play dirty. After that though... it's pretty slim pickins.

Ryan Miller says hi.

#86 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,844 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

yea, no kidding. I love these types of threads, it just shows how ignorant some of our fan base is. They call out other teams fans for the exact same things they do. Its rather funny to watch.

It's kind of like two groups of children saying, "I know you are but what am I?" at each other over and over.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#87 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

I got a great idea...after the game we should invite the Bruins and their fans over to our singing circle, join hands and sing kumbaya!! What do ya say?? It'll be swell!! :rolleyes:

frack the bruins...the rivalry/villian aspect of sport is what makes it fun. Obviously some people take it too far but those are a minority. Also this is a message board...not an etiquette school. Some of you are drowning in your self-righteousness. :P
Posted Image

#88 khay

khay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

5) I think the rigged by Campbell complaint and "the Bruins were allowed to get by with being mean" complaints are ridiculous (lest we point out the. Burrows bite).

I do sympathize with those who think injury played a role (I think it did) or just frustration with how it ended. I totally understand the Marchand hate (he absolutely crawled in their heads and set up camp).

But in the end the Bruins were the better team and found a way to win. I also think that contrary to popular belief at the time the Bruins weren't that far behind in certain stats like goals for and goals against. About the only stat the Bruins comparatively stunk in was the PP.

Teams that live by their PP in the regular season tend die in the play offs.

7) Canucks GDT has a picture of Horton laying on the ice after that cheapshot from Rome in a picture montage. Classy.

Sorry to bring up an old point but I still don't understand why Rome's hit on Horton was a cheap shot. The hit was to the chest area and head was not the principal point of contact. I don't think it was a penalty (let alone 5 minute major) and definitely not worthy of any suspension. I just don't understand to this day.

If I am to complain a bit more... I have been watching hockey for about 20 years but I still don't know what warrants a penalty and what doesn't. It is still not clear to me what is and what is not a penalty. For NFL, I know that when the receiver catches the ball in the air, both of his feet needs to touch the ground before he goes out of bounce for the touchdown to count. In NBA, I know that if a defender moves in to an area almost simultaneously with the offensive player to block the way, then it's a blocking foul whereas if the offensive player comes into the area already occupied by the defensive player, then it's charging.

In any given NHL game, I see a hook or slash or obstruction and I think, "Oh! That's a penalty for sure." Yet, no arm goes up in the air. In the same game in a different situation, I see an exactly same hook or slash or obstruction and don't think much of it but sure enough, ref's arm goes up in the air. I'm not talking just about the Canucks games, I've noticed this in all of the NHL games that I have watched. Fans all over the NHL chants, "referees suck!"

The refereeing was the most inconsistent in the 2011 SCF games in all 20 years of my viewing experiences. You really had no expectation for what will be and what won't be called. It was completely unpredictable. This hurt us more obviously with the style that we played against the style that the Bruins played. In the end, as said above, Bruins found a way to win whereas we weren't able to adapt to the inconsistent refereeing. We were second guessing in order to draw penalties whereas the Bruins were ruthless after committing a foul play knowing that most likely it won't be called because the referee suspected the Canuck players of diving and were hesitant to call any penalty that would make him a mockery. In other words, the refs were guessing too.

I'm not complaining to say the referees really suck. I'm just pointing out how difficult their job is. The problem is with subjectivity. In one of his columns on TSN, an ex-ref Kerry Fraser talks about referee's game management. This is the most ridiculous thing. The whole concept of referees having to manage a game does not make any sense. They are to be impartial and objective. If they see a penalty, they call it. If they don't see it, they don't call it. If you have called Henrik Sedin's weak hook as a penalty then you call it again whether it's Henrik Sedin committing the same penalty or the opposing player committing the same foul on Henrik Sedin. As an example of consistency that are needed in the NHL, think of MLB umpires. In any given game, the strike zone could shrink or expand but the umpire calls it consistently throughout the game so the hitters and the pitchers can adjust to it by the time it gets to 3rd or 4th inning. If the strike zone expands, then it is favorable for the pitcher but a good hitter will adapt by his second at bat. If the strike zone shrinks, good pitchers will still be able to place the ball in the corners.

I just hope by the time it gets to my 30 years of viewing that, NHL refereeing gets consistent. It's a great game and has great potential to grow in new markets both in the US and internationally. But first and foremost, the refereeing has to be fixed before it can grow.

#89 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

How about Krejci or Lucic to start? Neither of them dive, and neither of them play dirty. After that though... it's pretty slim pickins.

take your Bruins colored glasses off...
Lucic's nickname should be "Suckerpuch".

#90 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

So would Pittsburgh, Detroit, St. Louis, Anaheim. Lots of options with respectable players. Yet he decided to go on a team where he'd have gutless pukes like Chara, Marchand, Lucic, Bergeron, Boychuck, McQuaid, Thornton, Kreijci, and Campbell as teammates, plus Julien as coach.

Edited by King Heffy, 14 December 2013 - 05:26 PM.

TRad-N.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.