The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A view from the other side: Perspective of Boston Bruins Fans on tonight's game

Johnny's Logic

Anyone who voluntarily becomes part of such a disgraceful organization clearly has some issues regarding their character. Lots of respectable contenders Iginla could have chosen.

Yup, your opinion sets the benchmark for what defines a "disgraceful organization". Okay, got it. Does this opinion just cover a period from the 2010- 11 playoffs and on to the present, or does this go right back from the present to 1924 when the Bruins organization were first granted a franchise?

Just curious here, if Iginla showed an interest in coming to the Canucks for next season then you would be completely against that idea, because of his "character issues", right?

Would the same thing hold true for some of the other veteran, star players still in the NHL? Would you demand that the Canucks not sign Jagr if he showed an interest in coming here, or would that be okay because he had some time with the Devils to erase the taint of being a Bruin?

And I suppose I shouldn't even get you started on whether or not Lucic would be welcome to play with the Canucks, assuming he were to express an interest in playing in his home town? Would your loathing be tempered if it was made known that he was willing to sign a deal with a serious discount, or would you still say no, regardless?

regards,

G.

Yup, your opinion sets the benchmark for what defines a "disgraceful organization". Okay, got it. Does this opinion just cover a period from the 2010- 11 playoffs and on to the present, or does this go right back from the present to 1924 when the Bruins organization were first granted a franchise?

Just curious here, if Iginla showed an interest in coming to the Canucks for next season then you would be completely against that idea, because of his "character issues", right?

Would the same thing hold true for some of the other veteran, star players still in the NHL? Would you demand that the Canucks not sign Jagr if he showed an interest in coming here, or would that be okay because he had some time with the Devils to erase the taint of being a Bruin?

And I suppose I shouldn't even get you started on whether or not Lucic would be welcome to play with the Canucks, assuming he were to express an interest in playing in his home town? Would your loathing be tempered if it was made known that he was willing to sign a deal with a serious discount, or would you still say no, regardless?

regards,

G.

No, I Wouldn't take iginla. Him signing with the Bruins is in effect condoning the way they play. I don't want anyone who thinks their cheapshots are acceptable in a Canucks jersey. As for Jagr, he was traded there, and didn't have a NTC. Can't blame him for that. And HELL NO on Lucic. The guy's one of the dirtiest players in the league and AUTOGRAPHS pictures of him delivering one of the dirtiest hits of the decade? That piece of garbage is a disgrace to Vancouver.

And people wonder why everyone hates Canuck fans....

You all sound like a bunch of 5 year-olds. Before the Bruins beat us, the "Hawks" were the "dirty", "Classless" team. The year after that, it was the Kings.

Here's a newsflash: There isn't a team in the NHL that doesn't hack and slash a bit, especially in the playoffs, when the zebras are reluctant to dish out powerplays. If the Caucks had lost to the Pens in 2011, everyone here would be whining about how dirty Matt Cooke and Aaron Asham are, or how Crosby dives and whines all the time. No-one would be saying a word about the Bruins.

There are more than a few Bruins that have my respect and yes, Chara is one of them. The hit on Pacioretti was an unfortunate accident, but the haters will never believe that.

Anyone remember who it was that made the trip to see if Burrows was okay after he was concussed at the World Championships?

Ask anyone who saw Chara play in Prince George. This was a guy who could literally one-punch almost anyone, but was reluctant to drop the gloves for fear of hurting someone badly. (Some will remember a scrap with Bryan McCabe several years ago. Z had McCabe at his mercy, but never threw a punch)

Other Bruins whom I respect: Bergeron, Eriksson, Iginla, Krejci, Krug, Hamilton, McQuaid, Seidenberg, Paille....

No, I Wouldn't take iginla. Him signing with the Bruins is in effect condoning the way they play. I don't want anyone who thinks their cheapshots are acceptable in a Canucks jersey. As for Jagr, he was traded there, and didn't have a NTC. Can't blame him for that. And HELL NO on Lucic. The guy's one of the dirtiest players in the league and AUTOGRAPHS pictures of him delivering one of the dirtiest hits of the decade? That piece of garbage is a disgrace to Vancouver.

wow...Iginla, Lucic, Marchand, etc would make us better and perhaps take us over the top...you also realise that now that Lucic has a cup he could arguable want to sign in Vancouver when able to so he can play in his hometown...you don't want those guys because they played for Boston?wtf

wow...Iginla, Lucic, Marchand, etc would make us better and perhaps take us over the top...you also realise that now that Lucic has a cup he could arguable want to sign in Vancouver when able to so he can play in his hometown...you don't want those guys because they played for Boston?wtf

Iginla is overrated, will be badly overpaid, and voluntarily went to play with those classless pukes. Lucic is a complete embarrassment to his hometown with his cheapshots, and Marchand's just a disgrace to the species. Lucic and Marchand would be unwelcome no matter what team they played for.

But in the end the Bruins were the better team and found a way to win. I also think that contrary to popular belief at the time the Bruins weren't that far behind in certain stats like goals for and goals against. About the only stat the Bruins comparatively stunk in was the PP.

next-question-350x350.jpg?t=1372102144

Iginla is overrated, will be badly overpaid, and voluntarily went to play with those classless pukes. Lucic is a complete embarrassment to his hometown with his cheapshots, and Marchand's just a disgrace to the species. Lucic and Marchand would be unwelcome no matter what team they played for.

If he was expected to be a point per game yes he would be but nobody expected that from him hes doing exactly as expected be a force for the Bruins physically...Iginla on our team would be to Kassian as Sundin was for the Twins and help his development into a force and as for your Lucic and Marchand comment...well glad your not our gm

Funny thing is, if we were talking about trading for Burrows or Kesler, you'd be saying the same thing....

It has nothing to do with tonight's game but do I have a goodie from a bruins fan. so Last time I talked to a bruins fan was on FB and it was regarding Thorton. I said that I thought he should be suspended for the rest of the season and the playoffs and called the bruins a dirty team. A lot of other people said the same thing pretty much but I was the only one this chick responded to. She pretty much told me I was an idoit and in the same breathe went on about how 'poor' chara is always 'targeted' and that canuck fans are just butt hurt and classless... and that the sedins where goons. I pointed out that the 'thorton' incident had nothing to do with the canucks and her attacking canuck fans was classless but then she started whinning about the refs hitting players harder then Thorton did. So yeah I tend not to listen to the bruin fans. They obvoisly are lacking brains.

Okay. Following your train of thought about Iginla vs Jagr, and why one is a jerk and the other is a hapless victim of circumstance, couldn't the same theng be said for Lucic? He was drafted by the Bruins. He did not have a choice of where he played, and he is playing a style which gets him top-6 minutes in the NHL. Should he not try to help his team win? For all you know, he cries himself to sleep every night because he doesn't like the way he is forced to play with the Bruins, and should he ever leave them and come back to Vancouver, he would be a changed man and not hit anyone ever again....

So does this view only extend to current (or former) Boston Bruins players, or does this loathing cover guys from other teams who have never been a Bruin? Is Ben Eager a stand-up guy as he has never played for the Bruins? And I suppose Duncan Keith is the salt of the Earth as he has never been a Bruin, or is he still despicable because of his cheap-shot on Sedin (as well as being a major part of the Hawks running over the Canucks for a few years)? And isn't that hit equivalent to anything that Lucic et al have done with the Bruins? So shouldn't you feel the same way about the current Chicago team (and any former Hawks players)? Doughty and Brown aren't the cleanest of players. Shouldn't the Kings (and any ex-Kings) get equal time in your sin bin? And what about that Williw Mitchell guy? He pulled an Iginla and went to the Kings from the Canucks! He must be condoning their style of play.

Is Ryan Stanton safe from your spleen as he signed with the Hawks as a FA? Or are the Hawks now a "classy" team as there hasn't been any recent playoff distress with them in a few years? What about Richardson? He was with the Kings a couple of years back when they rough housed the Canucks on their way to a Cup, or were they not dirty enough to give you cause for concern?

regards,

G.

He's not doing too badly for an overrated player (8g 11a in 32 games). He is certainly not being overpaid this season ($1.8 million), but that could well jump some for next season with the cap going up.

regards,

G.

Those are the facts, lets see the goon defenders on this board argue that. Disgusts me that some Canuck fans are defending that classless franchise with their classless fans.

Archived