The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ten Canucks poised for career years

Everybody Hates Raymond

Mike Santorelli - currently on pace for 56 points, last career high was 41

Jason Garrison - currently on pace for 52 points, last career high was 33

Brad Richardson - currently on pace for 33 points, last career high was 27

Chris Tanev - currently on pace for 26 points, last career high was 7, which he has already passed

Ryan Stanton - currently on pace for 26 points, last career high was 0, which he has already passed

Dale Weise - currently on pace for 21 points, last career high was 8 points which he has already passed

Zack Kassian - currently on pace for 16 points, last career high was 11

Tom Sestito - currently on pace for 5 points, last career high was 4 points

Jeremy Welsh - currently on pace for 2 points, last career high was 1

Eddie Lack - this one is a gimme. It's his rookie season. Still awesome stats at .925 s% and 2.08 GAA

SPECIAL MENTIONS

Roberto Luongo - currently on pace for his third best save percentage and second best GAA, and his 4th best for wins.

Ryan Kesler - Currently on pace for 35 goals, which is a great bounceback for a player who's been riddled with injuries the last few years

Dan Hamhuis and Kevin Bieksa - Slow starts for both of them, especially Hamhuis, but they've both recovered and their entire game has stepped up. Incredibly impressed with them as of lately.

Sedin brothers - Been cold for stretches this year, but their defensive game has grew by leaps and bounds. Some of our best penalty killers and creating chances game in and game out. When Burrows returns, it's fair to expect their point production will return to normal as well.

All in all, I'm incredibly impressed and happy with this team and can't wait to see just how good they're going to be when Edler, Burrows and Schroeder mesh into this lineup. Torts' system is finally clicking. The powerplay, after two long years of being dormant, may have started this season abysmally... BUt it finally started to click - and low and behold, the Canucks have won 7 straight with 9 powerplay goals in 11 games, in addition to their record breaking penalty kill. And with some legitimate top tier prospects on the way like Shinkaruk and Horvat...

The future looks so bright we're going to need sunglasses.

Bieksa has really emerged as one of our best D this year. Also Kesler may never surpass his 40 goal season but he is looking really good and I wouldn't be surprised if he broke the 35 goal/70 point barrier

Beiksa has been one of our top d men for years now, IMO. Santorelli is the most impressive so far, especially to for what he's signed for.

Excellent thread, I was thinking to do the same thing but with a poll so we could predict who would have career years but you beat me to it. I'm pretty excited about our future with Santorelli and a re-invigorated Chris Higgins. Today is a good day to be a Canucks fan. :)

Archived