The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is higgins a top 6 forward?

Cucumber

One less goal than Daniel Sedin tells me he's doing just fine in a top 6 role.

Hansen and Burrows have missed a ton of glorious opportunities as well, so I don't think it's just Higgins.

Good point. Forgot he was 1 goal short of Danny but the first line has been pretty average with Hansen. They miss Burr/Kesler

Surprised Higgins is #25 in even strength points (Santorelli is #18) and Higgins-Kesler-Santo show great chemistry. I wouldn't be against Higgins as a top 6 but if they acquired someone with more skill I wouldn't be against it but should be the least of this team's worries

Higgins is our second most productive goal scorer 5 on 5. Surprisingly, Kassian is 1st (12 in the league) and Booth is 3rd. We are getting solid contribution from our top 3 lines!

I also don't mind how our fourth is playing. Weise is pretty good defensively (plus he is physical with good speed), Sestito is the best enforcer we've had since Brashear (not as tough, but in terms of sticking up for teammates) and Dalpe/Welsh mix in some youth and skill.

Chris Higgins is a very versatile player. He will do a good job on any line.

However, if everyone was healthy and Zack Kassian was put on the 1st line,

Higgins, in my books, would be on the 3rd line. Not because he isn't good enough

on the 2nd line but because Alex Burrows would be back.

Thank God for players like Chris that can fill in when needed. Zack Kassian should be on the

1st line. I mean, come on what has Hanson brought to the table that is so special. I like Hansen

he is a good player but he does not complement the twins. Kassian would. He already had

before being yanked last year. He is better now. Ready to learn from the twins.

This is how I would have it in my perfect world....

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Santorelli-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Richardson-Booth

Weise-Schroeder-Hansen

In a good head space, with time to form chemistry, this line-up could pull it off.......all the way

I agree that Kass should be first line material, but torts is trying to get Kassian's defensive play better and have him learn power forward techniques with Booth.

I think we'll see him on the first line by the end of the year if he keeps improving defensively.

Higgins is a complementry player. He's over achieving statistically because he's found some good chemistry with his linemates. Its the unit that is clicking. He's not a guy that I think you could plop on another top 6 and expect the same results.

Like Kesler, I think he's the type of player that when surrounded by similar players, they can create havoc for the opposition as they press and limit time and space for their opponents extremely well. They create turnovers by doing this, and then they support eachother all over the offensive zone with good speed and anticipation. The other thing I really like is their aggressiveness of getting the puck to the net. They generally dont cycle with patience like the Sedins, but make quick and delibrate turns, and as soon as they shake off the defender its straight to the net with a shot and crowd the crease for a rebound.

THATS Torterella Hockey, and why theyre having success offensively.

I think Torts system suits him. Like a centerman, It forces the wingers to play a 200 foot game, and provides very little in the way of offensive odd-man rushes. Probably the reason why the wingers who normally put up better numbers with our old system like Burrows, Booth (when healthy) Hansen and Daniel are down on ppg this year.

Good point. Forgot he was 1 goal short of Danny but the first line has been pretty average with Hansen. They miss Burr/Kesler

Surprised Higgins is #25 in even strength points (Santorelli is #18) and Higgins-Kesler-Santo show great chemistry. I wouldn't be against Higgins as a top 6 but if they acquired someone with more skill I wouldn't be against it but should be the least of this team's worries

Burr hasn't been scoring all year and has injury woes. As far as I'm concerned Burr is an over payed Higgins with less sniper skills and more defensive skills.

Archived